Van vs. LE Round 2

ETSportsfan87

Van vs. LE  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Van won the the first time in a close one. Who takes this one?

• Van
    • LE

On 11/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Lions70 said:

Van should roll . That Gilmer game whenever y’all play should be great assuming both get there.

If Van gets to Gilmer that game will not be close.... Gilmer might score 70 with as many points as Van has been giving up to teams like Canton lately

7 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

If Van gets to Gilmer that game will not be close.... Gilmer might score 70 with as many points as Van has been giving up to teams like Canton lately

Disagree. Sure, Van's defense has been suspect as of late, but Gilmer scoring 70 seems unlikely. I'm guessing (assuming the two teams make it that far) that it is a close game. Within a score or two. Gilmer hasn't seen an offense as prolific as the Vandals since when? Lindale? And that game was by no means a blow out. I'm not saying the Vandals come in and beat Gilmer, but I certainly think assuming Gilmer rolls to the tune of 70 is a little bit of a stretch.

17 hours ago, Innocent said:

Disagree. Sure, Van's defense has been suspect as of late, but Gilmer scoring 70 seems unlikely. I'm guessing (assuming the two teams make it that far) that it is a close game. Within a score or two. Gilmer hasn't seen an offense as prolific as the Vandals since when? Lindale? And that game was by no means a blow out. I'm not saying the Vandals come in and beat Gilmer, but I certainly think assuming Gilmer rolls to the tune of 70 is a little bit of a stretch.

I know it's tough to score 70... but Van has not played anyone with an offense like Gilmer's.. and they've been giving up scores in the 40's and 50's if I remember correctly?

Hopefully this Leopard offense finds its stride this week. Once you get in the playoffs anything can happen. Just have to get hot this week and go on a run

57 minutes ago, Innocent said:

Absolutely! I just think it’s more likely for a Van/Gilmer shootout than it is for a score that heavily lopsided. 

@Vandalman District just posted this link to tomorrow nights game!

https://youtu.be/2psmskMD71I

Great!  I was gonna have a hard time making it to Longview tomorrow in time but now no worries about seeing the game. Thanks!

• Like 1