Fulshear vs Texas High

bordertown

Who Wins  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Texas High or Fulshear

• Texas High
    • Fulshear

This poll is closed to new votes

Will be interested to see Fulshear.   This will be their first playoff game ever.    Coach Codutti is an interesting guy who played a little pro ball.     Refers to his offense as the "Wide Shoot".    Wide zone run game.  Passing game based on Run and Shoot concepts.   He says he puts his best athletes on the OL and they run the program.   OL picks out equipment first.   OL eats first.   OL runs the team.    They learn to block their wide zone against any imaginable defensive front.    Texas High's strength is a disruptive DL that has overwhelmed some offenses.   Should be a fun matchup to watch.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Why on earth is this on a Thursday? Goodness.

I agree. Will be interesting to find out how the date was decided upon. Essentially wiping out two school days for Fulshear. My opinion this is where a Superintendent says “No”. I know coaches hate getting off their schedule until later in the playoffs. Suspect Fulshear won the toss and felt it was to their advantage to reduce the amount of time the Tigers had to prepare as they played last Thursday. The games we play.

8 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Suspect Fulshear won the toss and felt it was to their advantage to reduce the amount of time the Tigers had to prepare as they played last Thursday. The games we play.

OR they lost the toss and TH wanted to use the miles and travel on a Thursday as an advantage to them......

26 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

OR they lost the toss and TH wanted to use the miles and travel on a Thursday as an advantage to them......

That's my suspicion as well.    Coaches of the favored team often look ahead to the next round, and try to preserve a possible advantage in the second round by getting an extra day preparation and the opportunity to scout the next round's opponent.  

• Like 1

I think it’s crazy that a game with that much travel is allowed to be played on a Thursday night.  How is Texarkana in Region 3 anyway?

Fulshear is a decent team.  They will want to run the ball.  QB is athletic.  If you let them hang around, they could steal one.  

21 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

I think it’s crazy that a game with that much travel is allowed to be played on a Thursday night.  How is Texarkana in Region 3 anyway?

Fulshear is a decent team.  They will want to run the ball.  QB is athletic.  If you let them hang around, they could steal one.  

No doubt. thinkin t high players and coaches will be aware of what will happen if they come out slow. went to playoffs as a 4th seed a couple years ago and happen to win the game so it’s possible . 

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Why on earth is this on a Thursday? Goodness.

Was going to say Tigers start slow again before pulling away, but man alive...5.5 hours is insane on a Thursday.

Tigers roll.

They are out of school Friday thats the reason they are playing Thursday! 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:29 PM, Ace said:

Will be interested to see Fulshear.   This will be their first playoff game ever.    Coach Codutti is an interesting guy who played a little pro ball.     Refers to his offense as the "Wide Shoot".    Wide zone run game.  Passing game based on Run and Shoot concepts.   He says he puts his best athletes on the OL and they run the program.   OL picks out equipment first.   OL eats first.   OL runs the team.    They learn to block their wide zone against any imaginable defensive front.    Texas High's strength is a disruptive DL that has overwhelmed some offenses.   Should be a fun matchup to watch.  

Coach Codutti is a good dude. When I was still a sportswriter in the Springfield, MO area, I covered his teams for a couple years, and we talked often. He always got a lot out of his teams that had next to no talent, and the kids loved him. Offensively, he's pretty brilliant. Interesting, fresh takes and schemes. And he's a big "culture" guy. Servant-leader type of a person, and everywhere he's been so far, the kids buy in.

He's a big OL guy because he played OL in the arena league for a bit. You wouldn't know it by looking at him now, but he was a hefty young man for a bit (don't mean that in a derogatory sense). I'll be pulling for his Chargers in this matchup. Don't know if they'll have enough in the tank, but I'd like to see him get a playoff win.

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Coach Codutti is a good dude. When I was still a sportswriter in the Springfield, MO area, I covered his teams for a couple years, and we talked often. He always got a lot out of his teams that had next to no talent, and the kids loved him. Offensively, he's pretty brilliant. Interesting, fresh takes and schemes. And he's a big "culture" guy. Servant-leader type of a person, and everywhere he's been so far, the kids buy in.

He's a big OL guy because he played OL in the arena league for a bit. You wouldn't know it by looking at him now, but he was a hefty young man for a bit (don't mean that in a derogatory sense). I'll be pulling for his Chargers in this matchup. Don't know if they'll have enough in the tank, but I'd like to see him get a playoff win.

Dotcom, what you say from personal experience is consistent with everything I am seeing online.   Lots of glowing praise for Coach Codutti.   Great to see another of example of a really good coach, who is a really good man, doing great things for kids and teaching life lessons along the way.