Alto (6-2) vs Thorndale (7-3),Friday November 12th 7:30 p.m. at Mexia’s Blackcat Stadium

jacketgrad06

Alto (6-2) vs Thorndale (7-3), Friday NOV 12th 7:30 p.m. at Mexia’s Blackcat Stadium  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Thorndale

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:30 AM

I am really interested in how the split back veer looks,against (maybe) stronger competition going forwards into the playoffs.Obviously it's not an offense widely seen by high-school players in these modern times.Many versions of it have been run throughout the years and many state and national titles have been secured with it,personally it's my favorite and played in a veer offense for 6 years from Jr high till graduation of high school.I'll take alto and the veer for the vic Alex 👏

• Like 3

8 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I am really interested in how the split back veer looks,against (maybe) stronger competition going forwards into the playoffs.Obviously it's not an offense widely seen by high-school players in these modern times.Many versions of it have been run throughout the years and many state and national titles have been secured with it,personally it's my favorite and played in a veer offense for 6 years from Jr high till graduation of high school.I'll take alto and the veer for the vic Alex 👏

It’s coming along nicely. Opening it up more and more week by week. Gamble has done a great job installing and not overloading the kids. Only Running what we need to to beat you and perfecting other things behind the scenes. Hoping for a great week of practice and that we put our best foot forward Friday. 

• Like 1

Alto wins. 
For both group of fans, see if you can borrow a car. Maybe rent one. Under no circumstances drive your own. If you have to take your own, pick the worst. Don’t leave anything in the vehicle. This is generic advice. Not a knock on the town. I mean with a zip code like they got and their mascot, it’s bound to be like Mayberry. Prayers up for both fan bases. 

• Like 1

Back in the good ol USA! What’s a fella to do when the company earns a free trip to St. Martin DURING FOOTBALL SEASON? You tell them under no circumstances are we missing a Friday night football game! 😂 (We WERE scheduled to play Grapeland originally on 11/5!) lol So they set us up on a commercial flight on Saturday! 🤣🤣 Little did I know Smoaky is not available in the Caribbean….blocked like I was a cyber terrorist. Anyway, appreciate @jacketgrad06starting the thread.

I feel good about our chances vs. Thorndale. They are definitely gonna be tough. They come from a very competitive district that spent the last 5 weeks beating up on each other. Thorndale was undefeated in district going into the last 2 games. They got upset by their arch rival Thrall 42-35 and then had a slugfest in Week 10 with Hearne where it was 0-0 in the 3rd quarter; Hearne won 21-14 and Thorndale had the opportunity to tie it at the end but ran out of time.

They are huge and have a really good QB who can thread the needle and a tall receiver who can flat out catch; RB is good, too. We’re gonna have to go in and play tough, execute, not turn the ball over, and shake it up a bit. I really want to see how we match up with them. When we warm up in pregame you might think….woah. Lol They pass the eye test! I know our coaches will have us ready and a game plan that they think will prove successful. I have total confidence in them. Both teams had a bye last week and should be good to go after having two weeks to prepare for each other. It’s win or go home. I’d just as soon take care of business and have a shot at the #3 team in the state next week! But I’ll save that talk for another day.

Gotta take care of THIS week  Let’s gooooooo JACKETS!

ALTO ( 6-2 / 4-1 )
W1 - TROUP 48 - ALTO 18  
W2 - @ TIMPSON CANCELLED
W3 - PRICE CARLISLE CANCELLED 
W4 - ALTO 42 - WINONA 7 
W5 - ALTO 47 - SAN AUGUSTINE 20  
W6 - ALTO 49 @ GRAPELAND 14 
W7 - CENTERVILLE 38 @ ALTO 16
W8 - ALTO 46 @ JEWETT LEON 0
W9 - ALTO 56 - NORMANGEE 23
W10 - ALTO 63 - GROVETON 0

W11- BYE