Whitehouse QB Joey Conflitti transferring to IMG Florida

Mavchamp

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/whitehouse-qb-joey-conflitti-transferring-to-img-academy-in-florida/article_ebd37d38-40e3-11ec-80cb-0fc41f5641a4.html

Conflitti was 83 of 155 for 923 yards with eight touchdowns and 10 interceptions in seven games of action this season as the Wildcats went 2-8.

His numbers were much better last season
173-276 for 1,684.  With 24 touchdowns and 12 INTs.

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Why did he only start 4 games this year?  Did he get hurt? 

1 hour ago, Polar_Bear said:

Curious.  Does anybody know if he grew up here or came to Whitehouse post-Mahomes?  Just wondering if that history is drawing QB transfers.

Whitehouse has only won 8 playoff games in their entire history (71 years).  Those 8 playoff wins have been spread out over the last 15 seasons.   

I guess I don’t see the appeal to transfer there as a QB.  If you’re transferring schools to win playoff games…. There are at least 25-30 schools (or more) in East Texas that are better choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Whitehouse has only won 8 playoff games in their entire history (71 years).  Those 8 playoff wins have been spread out over the last 15 seasons.   

I guess I don’t see the appeal to transfer there as a QB.  If you’re transferring schools to win playoff games…. There are at least 25-30 schools (or more) in East Texas that are better choices. 

Oh I agree, but then again I don't have the coin to have sent my kids to IMG either if they were into football.  If IMG was in play for this family, in other words he can go where he wants, then what was he ever doing at Whitehouse, unless as I mentioned before he grew up here.

33 minutes ago, Polar_Bear said:

Oh I agree, but then again I don't have the coin to have sent my kids to IMG either if they were into football.  If IMG was in play for this family, in other words he can go where he wants, then what was he ever doing at Whitehouse, unless as I mentioned before he grew up here.

I was not impressed with the WH passing game the last few years. I do remember Conflitti as a Middle School player in Whitehouse, so I don't know when he go there but he has been there for at least 4 years.  

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

5 of the 8 came from 2011-2014-Mahomes was the QB for 3 of the 5.

23 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I was not impressed with the WH passing game the last few years. I do remember Conflitti as a Middle School player in Whitehouse, so I don't know when he go there but he has been there for at least 4 years.  

So maybe he did grow up in the area.  Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

Mahomes was the QB for 2.  He played Safety as a sophomore

He won 2 in 2014( it thought they played 4 playoff games in 2014 losing to Wylie East in 4th round, but it was 3 games.

and won 1 in 2013 as the QB

2012 QB was taylor

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2021 at 7:07 AM, nacdragon07 said:

Nope he was benched. As soon as that happened Whitehouse started to win some district games.

They won 2 games that they were tied in last place with in the district with.  (3 way tie for last in district) Nothing to cheer about.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

Paying to play for their B team really isn't worth posting about. Especially when Dr. Daddy's school board status couldn't keep the qb1 status! 

Parents never talked to coach or school about that kid playing.  Great family they stayed out of it.  He was recruited after his sophomore season in Jan.- off of his performance and off season work.  He wanted to stay in WH even though IMG coaching staff said WH wouldn't be good because of the new coach, graduation of 5 starting OL, 2 WRs, 3-4 DL.  Looks like maybe IMG knows a thing or two.  That "B" team you talk down about just had their QB get 4 D1 offers.   Several others got a lot of Big D1 offers also.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:00 PM, Lion54 said:

Money talks

They don't take anyone.  You have to be invited/recruited based off performance & grades.  They must have seen something in his film and off season work ethic to get recruited.  Kid is scaleable...

On 11/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, CDubya936 said:

Is IMG aware that WHouse was 2-8 🤣

He was recruited in Jan of his sophomore year based off stats, grades, work ethic, off season work.  Athletes have to be invited/recruited to play.  No one can just go there and think they will play even with all the money in the world.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:32 PM, Mavchamp said:

Lost starters:  5 OL, 2 WRs, 3-4 DL to graduation.  Kid was running for his life and lots of tipped balls led to most of his interceptions