Pittsburgh beats Quinlan Ford in the second round

TCU44

Just now, d0tc0m said:

At some point, someone will indeed see them coming.

I like that you get to know who you are playing before you get there on game day! A whole week in advance! And if you get to the stadium first and are standing in the right place, you can literally see them coming! 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

I cannot, however, find any way that the Panthers could come close to stopping the Buckeyes offense, though. Unless I've just missed it in the little bit of film I've seen of QF, I can't find the speed needed to run with Fluellen, Rockwell, Tennison, Haynes, etc

That is what scares me. Quinlan allowed Caddo's Lenamond to go off for 110 yards and 3 TDs of his 44 rec for 808 yards & 17 TDs on the year. Although they did keep Sunnyvale's and Caddo's other 800 yard WR in check. Sunnyvale only passed for a half of their season average vs Quinlan. Williams, Roden, Rowan, Holbrook were all on Quinlan's 4x100 and 4x200 teams last year, but Gilmer probably does have the speed advantage. So. FS Morales does have good speed and has 5 INT's including 3 vs Caddo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I like that you get to know who you are playing before you get there on game day! A whole week in advance! And if you get to the stadium first and are standing in the right place, you can literally see them coming! 

🤣 man you know what I meant. On paper most will look at a 7 loss team and dismiss them. 🤣 no such thing as moral victories but in reality this former 1-9 team was 20 points shy of an outright district title in a tough district. All their sub varsity squads did well. Future is bright on the Pirate Ship. Shake and bake!!!!

• LOL! 1

42 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Won’t happen. Pitt will get another shot at Gilmer. That 26-13 wasn’t a fluke score. Pitt is peaking at the right time. Nobody is gonna see this 7 loss team coming until it’s to late. 

Man I’m rooting for pitt but u can bet we want kick a FG from the 2 yard line or kick a FG when it’s 4th and 1 from the 15. But hey I hope y’all make it I really do I’ve always liked pitt and thought they should of let baca go sooner than they did.

8 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man I’m rooting for pitt but u can bet we want kick a FG from the 2 yard line or kick a FG when it’s 4th and 1 from the 15. But hey I hope y’all make it I really do I’ve always liked pitt and thought they should of let baca go sooner than they did.

It would be nice to see the Gilmer/Pitt rivalry heat back up. Bucs have had two decades of dominance. Got you a good coach and built it up. More impressive is they’ve kept it up since his departure. I think Pitt has someone in place, if he stays long enough, to do the same thing. At least we hope anyway. 

15 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

DCTF has Pitt winning 1st round by 3 over Bboro - why will they beat the top rushing team IN THE NATION? QF has rushed for more yards than anyone in the entire U.S.  why is Pitt gonna beat them again? 

Serious question, does every team in the nation submit their stats to a common database?

1 hour ago, BarryGoldwater said:

🤣 man you know what I meant. On paper most will look at a 7 loss team and dismiss them. 🤣 no such thing as moral victories but in reality this former 1-9 team was 20 points shy of an outright district title in a tough district. All their sub varsity squads did well. Future is bright on the Pirate Ship. Shake and bake!!!!

Haha yea I do. And I hear you! And I’d love to see Pitt do exactly what you say they might! 

7 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Gilmer’s D line is absolutely SCARY GOOD. Lindale’s O-Line is one of the best you’ll See, 4 returning starters from the state game team and average over 250/per man and Gilmer Gave is everything we could handle on the line. They are very very good. 

Pitt’s front 7 is at the same level as Gilmer.  Maybe a step below on the DL, but Pitt’s LB’s are better.

19 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Is this your pitch for them to use Royce City facilities for a playoff game? Lol

LOL!  You are much quicker than me!  That is a great idea!  Have not been able to watch the number one rushing football team in America this season.  That might be my only chance.  Love me some Royse City ISD Stadium playoff games....but I guess that is an understatement. But first, the Royse City Bulldogs need to beat Frisco this Friday night.  They do that and I'm on the road following the Bulldogs. I know of one game on November 19th, I believe that is a playoff game at RCISD Stadium. Lots more nights available for many more!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

He needs to be on RC’s payroll. He is a money maker for them. I bet he hated to see Buccees built where it’s at. His first thought was “this is really gonna mess up our concession revenue!”  

I love that y'all are promoting for me to earn a living wage while watching playoff football.  Thank you.  But as for Buccees...my first thought was all that snack food and drink that I can carry into the stadium, if I can get it pass the main gate. Those huge peanut patty's and when the price of gas goes down, I'm filling up and bringing home some beef jerky and maybe a BBQ samich!  Love Buccess!

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

Serious question, does every team in the nation submit their stats to a common database?

Don't know, but I would imagine that Max Preps is a basic contributor to those stats.  Max Preps has been emerging as a focal point for pre and post game information for the last few years. They have been around for awhile, but now you can find about anything you need to know about your favorite team or the next opponent.  

2 hours ago, micotrav said:

I love that y'all are promoting for me to earn a living wage while watching playoff football.  Thank you.  But as for Buccees...my first thought was all that snack food and drink that I can carry into the stadium, if I can get it pass the main gate. Those huge peanut patty's and when the price of gas goes down, I'm filling up and bringing home some beef jerky and maybe a BBQ samich!  Love Buccess!

Really!? That messes up the concessions revenue. I love and hate Buccees at the same time. I walk in with my kids because they need to go to the bathroom. Cleanest public bathrooms in the nation. Somehow that bathroom break cost 80 bucks in snacks!! They get me every time. 

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Really!? That messes up the concessions revenue. I love and hate Buccees at the same time. I walk in with my kids because they need to go to the bathroom. Cleanest public bathrooms in the nation. Somehow that bathroom break cost 80 bucks in snacks!! They get me every time. 

As a person who has a bit of a phobia when it comes to public restrooms, Buccees is the only restroom I feel safe in. Lol

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

The fact this thread was started makes the superstitious part of me cringe. Wait until the first game is over. 

That is TCU44 for ya! He likes to get a head start. He also just started a post about a potential 3rd round matchup for two other schools. Lol

7 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

As a kid, I can remember visiting my grandparents and all they had was a single hole outhouse. If we needed to go before we got there we hit the ditch on the roadside. You can imagine the awe I felt when I first saw a Buccee's restroom....

• LOL! 2

22 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

As a kid, I can remember visiting my grandparents and all they had was a single hole outhouse. If we needed to go before we got there we hit the ditch on the roadside. You can imagine the awe I felt when I first saw a Buccee's restroom....

I dropped my taquito on the floor. Didn’t blow it off or nothing. I just ate it. We talkin’ bout in the stall y’all. 

• LOL! 2

I was trying to be nice but I let curiosity get the better of me. I went and watched some video on Quinlan Ford.  I am happy for them and their fans they had a great regular season and won their district.  But they will be bounced in the 3rd round, if not the 2nd! Hell, Sideline to Sideline thinks the first round game against Godley may even be close.  

• Like 1

Quinlan Beats Godley 49-23. Godley scored on opening drive of 3rd to make it 28-23 before Quinlan scored 21 straight to seal of the Win. Quinlan was up 20-3 before Godley scored Tds after a Fumble recovery at Quinlan's 34 and an INT Returned to Quinlan 25 on back-back drives to make it 20-17. Quinlan lost a fumble at their own 34 again on first drive in 3rd. Quinlan's D then forced a turnover on downs at own 3, before scoring on a 97 yard drive. Quinlan had Td runs of 48, 65, 46, 36, 15, 54, & 3 yards. Quinlan also had around 10 false start penalties on their pulling guards.

3 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Quinlan Beats Godley 49-23. Godley scored on opening drive of 3rd to make it 28-23 before Quinlan scored 21 straight to seal of the Win. Quinlan was up 20-3 before Godley scored Tds after a Fumble recovery at Quinlan's 34 and an INT Returned to Quinlan 25 on back-back drives to make it 20-17. Quinlan lost a fumble at their own 34 again on first drive in 3rd. Quinlan's D then forced a turnover on downs at own 3, before scoring on a 97 yard drive. Quinlan had Td runs of 48, 65, 46, 36, 15, 54, & 3 yards. Quinlan also had around 10 false start penalties on their pulling guards.

Pirates will eat their lunch. Slot T is tricky. Thing is Pitts very good defense sees that boring offense everyday in practice. Some play in it. If they can hang with PG and Gilmer, they gonna beat Ford like they stole something. 

• Like 1