Big shout out to all the veterans here on SDC.

BarryGoldwater

This 103 years young soldier stormed the beaches of Normandy. He has all kinds of cool memorabilia. He respects the English, thinks the French are light footed, and would not pee on a Russian if they were on fire. 3/4 of a century later, he still has a hard time talking about buddies that didn’t make it back across the big pond. I said “big pond?” one time early on in my marriage. He said “the Atlantic dumb ###!”. 🤣

85286B66-477E-42A3-82BC-1CBEFA00AC95.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Here's my hero: my Dad.

qH1jhqK.jpeg

Born and raised in East Texas, "Capt. Kirk" served with the First Air Cav in Vietnam from 1968-72.

Father of five, "Poppy" of thirteen, and the greatest man I've ever known.  ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This time of year I take the time to teach my students the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I also let them know that November 10 is the Marine Corps Birthday, and why Veterans day is celebrated on the 11th of November. You will be surprised how many students do not know a lot of this. I served and it was one of the best things I ever done in my life. I thank all of those who have served also. I would like to thank all of those people who recognize and tell Vets thank you for your service . It means a lot.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thanks to all my fellow vets.  I appreciate all of you.

Also, thanks to all who continue to honor veterans and recognize the sacrifices made for our country.  It does me good to see people who are still proud to be Americans and recognize how great this country is and what it has taken to make it great.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 514 said:

This time of year I take the time to teach my students the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I also let them know that November 10 is the Marine Corps Birthday, and why Veterans day is celebrated on the 11th of November. You will be surprised how many students do not know a lot of this. I served and it was one of the best things I ever done in my life. I thank all of those who have served also. I would like to thank all of those people who recognize and tell Vets thank you for your service . It means a lot.

Heard an interesting bit of News yesterday concerning the Marine Corp.  Yesterday was the 246th Birthday of The Corp, which started on Nov 10th, 1775.  The News, the first recruiting station was, appropriately enough, in a bar (Tavern) In Philadelphia.  Other than a brothel, a favorite hang out for jarheads, lmbo.  Got to love those guys.

• Like 1

I am a veteran who served during the Vietnam conflict and I thank all who served no matter in what capacity for they are heroes in my book. I shake the hand of any veteran I see and thank them. And I also go out for my way th shake hands with our police forces because they are on the front lines today more than ever. And I am thankful for all who thank a vet.

• Like 1
  • Love 2