MP Tigers

ETX33

Wow! Whoever started this has an axe to grind or is an absolute idiot. MP is what it is moving forward unless we are extremely blessed with a few special groups in back to back years. JV went 10-0 this year and JH teams were above average. If you truly have a clue about MP football, you would understand the uphill battle we face year end and year out. 

Let’s just assume you are correct, please tell me who you think you are going to attract to be the next HC at MP. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

image.jpeg
Theres the problem at MP…along with tons of other teams in Texas that used to be good. I’ve said it before; it’s very hard to win in east Texas without a good number of African Americans 

I hit on demographics earlier in the post. Its not that Hispanics can't play football. Its that they don't come out in large numbers for football outside of West Texas and South Texas.    So it makes it difficult for schools with large Hispanic populations to find depth. 

However, I disagree that its tough to win without Black players.  Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, Aledo, Highland Park, Allen, Southlake Caroll, Argyle, Celina, and many others do it every year.  

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I hit on demographics earlier in the post. Its not that Hispanics can't play football. Its that they don't come out in large numbers for football outside of West Texas and South Texas.    So it makes it difficult for schools with large Hispanic populations to find depth. 

However, I disagree that its tough to win without Black players.  Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, Aledo, Highland Park, Allen, Southlake Caroll, Argyle, Celina, and many others do it every year.  

Black players in east Texas 

15 hours ago, UnclePigg said:

Black players in east Texas 

Harmony, Van, Carlisle, Pleasant Grove, Lindale, Mt Vernon, have good teams with very few to no black kids on the team.   The main thing is just getting the kids you have to come out for football and develop them.  Hispanics can be just as successful in football as other races, but in East Texas they don't come out in large numbers.  Having that same issue at JT/Tyler High.  When the overwhelming majority population in your school doesn't come out for football, you are going to have issues. Despite that, the current coach at Mt. Pleasant manage to get them to playoffs. He is doing a good job IMO.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, JTFAN99 said:

LOL yeah the rich white schools.....apples to oranges between these and Mt. Pleasant. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 10:09 PM, ETX33 said:

I think it’s time for a coaching change mp has a lot of talent seems like the current coaching staff can’t figure out how to win 

Maybe the kids that go to Mount Pleasant just aren't very good football players?

Your kid didn't play as much as you think they should have huh? 

10 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

LOL yeah the rich white schools.....apples to oranges between these and Mt. Pleasant. 

so....what about Harmony, Van, Carlisle, Pleasant Grove, Lindale, Mt Vernon   

And besides, rich or poor has nothing to do with this conversation. And we were not talking about the white kids at Mt Pleasant. 

The poster said that you can't win in football unless you have black players.  That is a false statement.  It has nothing to do with money.  Any demo can win in football, if the kids come out at early ages and develop.  Which is my entire point.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

so....what about Harmony, Van, Carlisle, Pleasant Grove, Lindale, Mt Vernon   

And besides, rich or poor has nothing to do with this conversation. And we were not talking about the white kids at Mt Pleasant. 

The poster said that you can't win in football unless you have black players.  That is a false statement.  It has nothing to do with money.  Any demo can win in football, if the kids come out at early ages and develop.  Which is my entire point.  

True. Any demo can win but the Hispanic demo in Mt. Pleasant doesn't play football like some.  However, Harmony, Van, pleasant grove, Lindale, and MT Vernon are well off just judging by their town and facilities . I don't know much about Carlisle so I cant comment on them   

2 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

True. Any demo can win but the Hispanic demo in Mt. Pleasant doesn't play football like some.  However, Harmony, Van, pleasant grove, Lindale, and MT Vernon are well off just judging by their town and facilities . I don't know much about Carlisle so I cant comment on them   

are you reading the thread. I said that the Hispanic demo doesn't play football in previous posts.  And I been to Harmony, Van, pleasant grove, Lindale, and MT Vernon, and they are nothing close to HP, Westlake, etc.  

anyway, my larger point.  Coach at Mt Pleasant is doing a very good job. Demo has changed at Mt. Pleasant and until they get the majority demo to come out for football in large numbers at early ages and through High school....this probably the best you are going to get.   A team around .500 or slightly above with a playoff game or two. 

Just now, JTFAN99 said:

are you reading the thread. I said that the Hispanic demo doesn't play football in previous posts.  And I been to Harmony, Van, pleasant grove, Lindale, and MT Vernon, and they are nothing close to HP, Westlake, etc.  

anyway, my larger point.  Coach at Mt Pleasant is doing a very good job. Demo has changed at Mt. Pleasant and until they get the majority demo to come out for football in large numbers at early ages and through High school....this probably the best you are going to get.   A team around .500 or slightly above with a playoff game or two. 

I agree. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, JTFAN99 said:

Exact same problem Jacksonville faces year after year. Coaches have to go to soccer practice to recruit football players each yr but at the end of the day football just isn’t an interest for some kids. Only so much you can do. Finding success while battling the demographic issue is hard and MP deserves much credit for this season. 

• Like 1