MP Tigers

ETX33

Before him four different coaches went .500 or better two times in 14 seasons. He has that once. If you include a 5-6 record (5-5 regular season with a playoff loss), that bumps the number to 3 times in 14 seasons the four coaches, prior and he has 2 in 4 seasons. He's not doing enough?

The challenges he faces at MP have been hit multiple times. A demographic split (Both racially and economically) that doesn't see much winning anywhere in the state and football playing 3rd fiddle to soccer and basketball. Keep in mind he is fighting this at the 5A level, where more kids specialize and more numbers are needed. Any school mentioned in this thread to have had success isn't checking off every box MP is. Harmony/Van play are smaller communities that thrive on football. I would bet these programs have as many if not more kids than MP in their football program. Lindale struggled until their drop to 4A and I'd bet isn't 70% economically disadvantaged. PG 4A wealthy, and for the better has shaken its stigma of the "white" Texarkana school. Lake Travis, Aledo, Highland Park and others pretty self explanatory no econ problems. 

Winning gets kids playing and you need kids playing to win. The competitiveness of their games this year show you they are in the right direction and close. I wonder if they got 1 more TD in any of their 4, 1 score losses if this thread is even made.... 

13 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Before him four different coaches went .500 or better two times in 14 seasons. He has that once. If you include a 5-6 record (5-5 regular season with a playoff loss), that bumps the number to 3 times in 14 seasons the four coaches, prior and he has 2 in 4 seasons. He's not doing enough?

The challenges he faces at MP have been hit multiple times. A demographic split (Both racially and economically) that doesn't see much winning anywhere in the state and football playing 3rd fiddle to soccer and basketball. Keep in mind he is fighting this at the 5A level, where more kids specialize and more numbers are needed. Any school mentioned in this thread to have had success isn't checking off every box MP is. Harmony/Van play are smaller communities that thrive on football. I would bet these programs have as many if not more kids than MP in their football program. Lindale struggled until their drop to 4A and I'd bet isn't 70% economically disadvantaged. PG 4A wealthy, and for the better has shaken its stigma of the "white" Texarkana school. Lake Travis, Aledo, Highland Park and others pretty self explanatory no econ problems. 

Winning gets kids playing and you need kids playing to win. The competitiveness of their games this year show you they are in the right direction and close. I wonder if they got 1 more TD in any of their 4, 1 score losses if this thread is even made.... 

I didn't mentioned Harmony, Van, Lake Travis, Aledo...and the other schools you listed above to compare them to MP.   I only used those schools as examples because another poster said that you can't win without black players.  That's All.   They really have nothing to do with the conversation about the state of Mt Pleasant football.

As someone who has a nephew playing for this coach and as long as I have been around Tiger football, they are on the right track. This coach needs to stay. Yes he had some play calling snaffoos but what coach doesn't.  I see all the time on here Lobo fans talking about Kjng should have done this or that. But everybody is ok with it bc he is winning.  If you arent around a program then you shouldnt be discussing the coach and whether he needs to go or not.

Coach Pinkard is the right coach. My nephew has already told me that there is a lot of guys that want to play for him next year. 

So maybe we can start seeing a rise in their capabilities and their depth. MP used to be one of the top teams in NE Texas in the 90s. They wi eventually get back to that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Footballobserver said:

Who?  The only one in the hot seat is Jacksonville.  

agree. outside of team you mentioned thought every team got better outside of Pine tree and Nac but maybe they leave by choice ? Whitehouse didn’t improve but it was coaches first year.

Imho…….

Stanford, Griedl, and Lane are all safe. If Texas High, Marshall, or Pine Tree are looking for a coach this off season, it’s because they took other jobs (most likely at suburban 5A/6A schools).   All three have their programs moving in the right direction… even with PTs hiccup this season. 

People on Hallsville seem pleased with their new guy. 

People in MP should be ecstatic.

Whitehouse will likely give their guy another year. At least they should. 

Nac is a hard read.  They got into the playoffs, which historically for Dragons is huge.  But their season clearly was a disappointment.  Was 2020 an upward trend or a blip like 2014 and 2006? 

Jacksonville….. I’ve posted a lengthy message about my personal opinion of their program status.  It’s not just coaching. It’s about recruiting from your Hispanic student population.  It’s about not letting daddy-ball rule the program.  They have a numbers and depth problem. And being the littlest brother in the district doesn’t help.  

I don’t see anyone outside of Jax and maybe Nac being on the hot seat.  Whitehouse will be next year if 2022 isn’t any better. 

On 11/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, mrclean69 said:

Jacksonville, Tx

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Imho…….

Stanford, Griedl, and Lane are all safe. If Texas High, Marshall, or Pine Tree are looking for a coach this off season, it’s because they took other jobs (most likely at suburban 5A/6A schools).   All three have their programs moving in the right direction… even with PTs hiccup this season. 

People on Hallsville seem pleased with their new guy. 

People in MP should be ecstatic.

Whitehouse will likely give their guy another year. At least they should. 

Nac is a hard read.  They got into the playoffs, which historically for Dragons is huge.  But their season clearly was a disappointment.  Was 2020 an upward trend or a blip like 2014 and 2006? 

Jacksonville….. I’ve posted a lengthy message about my personal opinion of their program status.  It’s not just coaching. It’s about recruiting from your Hispanic student population.  It’s about not letting daddy-ball rule the program.  They have a numbers and depth problem. And being the littlest brother in the district doesn’t help.  

I don’t see anyone outside of Jax and maybe Nac being on the hot seat.  Whitehouse will be next year if 2022 isn’t any better. 

If you currently think Jax is in the hot seat I take it you haven’t been updated .. 

3 hours ago, OldChief said:

Heard that the hometown boy Holman from Tatum is the guy. Good luck fixing all the problems that were mentioned earlier! 

ADHFC.png

Sadly, a couple of the biggest issues haven’t even been brought up because anyone from the town of Jacksonville knows to not cross that line. 
Best of luck to Holman if he attempts to flip things but I can’t see why he’d leave his   8-3 record unless it’s a significant salary increase or Tatum is graduating majority of their talent. Not saying this is the case, I have not looked into their players, just hypothetically speaking. Especially if he has any sons that play football. 

1 minute ago, HarleyHarley said:

1 I must’ve missed when you asked me who I was 2 if I was a wife and read some of the bashing that occurs on this thing, I would be coming for blood, not spending time on here 

No bashing, just the facts

5 hours ago, Jets said:

No bashing, just the facts

You have no idea about 75% of the crap that occurred this season behind the scenes but please continue to broadcast your “facts” and try to seem like you have a clue. 
Man, you literally just hop from thread to thread getting into it with people over the internet. Yikes dude time for some self reflection 

29 minutes ago, HarleyHarley said:

You have no idea about 75% of the crap that occurred this season behind the scenes but please continue to broadcast your “facts” and try to seem like you have a clue. 
Man, you literally just hop from thread to thread getting into it with people over the internet. Yikes dude time for some self reflection 

What was the excuse last year? Coleman's record is 21-51 as Jax head coach, what's the excuse for that? Time for a change period

On 11/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, JTFAN99 said:

Harmony, Van, Carlisle, Pleasant Grove, Lindale, Mt Vernon, have good teams with very few to no black kids on the team.   The main thing is just getting the kids you have to come out for football and develop them.  Hispanics can be just as successful in football as other races, but in East Texas they don't come out in large numbers.  Having that same issue at JT/Tyler High.  When the overwhelming majority population in your school doesn't come out for football, you are going to have issues. Despite that, the current coach at Mt. Pleasant manage to get them to playoffs. He is doing a good job IMO.

Totally agree