MP Tigers

ETX33

On 11/17/2021 at 11:32 PM, Jets said:

What was the excuse last year? Coleman's record is 21-51 as Jax head coach, what's the excuse for that? Time for a change period

You are a prime example of one of the many factors working against the success of Jacksonville Football. 

You have repeatedly made it abundantly clear you only see one problem with Jacksonville's Football Program. The idea of making a program change when things don't seem to be working, is 100% logical. But to blame one person for the entirety of issues within the team, program, and community is unfair and misinformed. 

Blame is an easy alternative to understanding. For someone that claims to be a Jacksonville fan, you are doing the football program a huge disservice each time you get on here and point the finger at ONE person, over and over again. 

"Coach Coleman" didn't have a 1-9 season. The Jacksonville Indians had a 1-9 season. The athletes. The players. The fans. The community. The school district. Everyone contributed to this season, not just one person. You are a horrible example for the players or fellow fans because all you do is play the blame game, further enabling a culture that doesn't take accountability. 

If you want a decent coach to come to Jacksonville and turn the program around, I highly suggest you stop publicly scrutinizing the former head coach. It's a pretty bad look for the program and community "support" or "fans". 

Coach Coleman has impacted my family more than we will ever be able to express. We will forever be grateful for his dedication to the Jacksonville Football Program. The mere fact that he invested 7 years of his life into our program when we all know he had a spot waiting on him at the next level, deserves much respect from all.

Perhaps you could learn a few character traits from him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:07 AM, JTFAN99 said:

so....what about Harmony, Van, Carlisle, Pleasant Grove, Lindale, Mt Vernon   

And besides, rich or poor has nothing to do with this conversation. And we were not talking about the white kids at Mt Pleasant. 

The poster said that you can't win in football unless you have black players.  That is a false statement.  It has nothing to do with money.  Any demo can win in football, if the kids come out at early ages and develop.  Which is my entire point.  

👍

On 11/13/2021 at 11:21 PM, UnclePigg said:

image.jpeg
Theres the problem at MP…along with tons of other teams in Texas that used to be good. I’ve said it before; it’s very hard to win in east Texas without a good number of African Americans 

I wouldn’t say African Americans or lack thereof is this problem.  I would say it’s a lack of football families.  Which to your point, Hispanics usually don’t fall into.  I work in Mineral wells, we have the same issues.  Some of our Hispanic kids have not touched a football until 7th grade.  In Marshall, we played football from K-12.  Hispanic family gatherings are mostly the men playing soccer, not thanksgiving touch football before the Cowboys game.  White and Black families in Texas are your primary football families and you need that generational knowledge of the game to sustain winning in ETX.