Nick2011

Raiders vs Bulldogs   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• West Rusk Raiders (11-0)
    • New Waverly Bulldogs (9-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

Strength of schedule stands out.  57-59 to 65-47..... Padilla has WR by 16, but still going to take the boys from our district. NW in a shootout.

Ummm look at the teams they have played. WR has played much better teams. Teams like Winona, Quitman, Grand Saline, and San Augustine (10-30) are the reason the overall record is that way. Do you not realize NW had to have a miraculous comeback to beat a weak Hughes Springs team? They were down 44-23 going into the 4th quarter. Keep dreaming. 

5 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Ummm look at the teams they have played. WR has played much better teams. Teams like Winona, Quitman, and GS (9-21) are the reason the overall record is that way. Do you not realize NW had to have a miraculous comeback to beat a weak Hughes Springs team? They were down 44-23 going into the 4th quarter. Keep dreaming. 

Much better teams just isn’t the case? That’s literally what SOS defines. Y’all have played no one like us and NW gave us a good game until halftime. Seeing a team score 41 unanswered against a slot-T team in 15 minutes would make me more nervous not less. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

Much better teams just isn’t the case? That’s literally what SOS defines. Y’all have played no one like us and NW gave us a good game until halftime. Seeing a team score 41 unanswered against a slot-T team in 15 minutes would make me more nervous not less. 

Who has Newton played besides WOS? East Chambers, Mineola, and Sabine would beat every team on Newtons and New Waverlys schedule except WOS. 

Just now, NewtonBaller said:

And y’all beat Sabine early… they’re also in one of the worst 3A D1 districts in the state. Bad take once again…

Y’all have literally played nobody besides WOS. Newton is in the weakest district every year. I won’t be surprised if Newton is dribbling a basketball next week along with NW. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

And y’all beat Sabine early… they’re also in one of the worst 3A D1 districts in the state. Bad take once again…

That’s like me saying y’all beat Woodville early. What’s it matter? Bad take once again. 

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Y’all have literally played nobody besides WOS. Newton is in the weakest district every year. I won’t be surprised if Newton is dribbling a basketball next week along with NW. 

you’re the one bragging about wins over nobodies not me. At least Woodville made it to the 2nd round. I hope NW wins, but wouldn’t mind seeing you guys in round 4;) good luck Friday.

7 minutes ago, NewtonBaller said:

you’re the one bragging about wins over nobodies not me. At least Woodville made it to the 2nd round. I hope NW wins, but wouldn’t mind seeing you guys in round 4;) good luck Friday.

I would love to see y’all in round 4, get a little revenge from that 21-7 loss in 2017 when Newton had a stacked team. Good luck to y’all as well. 

Newton fans have a right to have a little cockiness and swag west rusk not so much. Nick you beat your chest every week and what skins do yall have on the wall? Yes yall have been district champs but 2-3 rounds then an exit isn't something to be overly cocky about! Teams like Newton consider that an off year!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Newton fans have a right to have a little cockiness and swag west rusk not so much. Nick you beat your chest every week and what skins do yall have on the wall? Yes yall have been district champs but 2-3 rounds then an exit isn't something to be overly cocky about! Teams like Newton consider that an off year!

Whose beating their chest? This dude came on here talking nonsense so I called him out on it. Show me where I have claimed West Rusk to be some powerhouse. If you call beating my chest picking West Rusk to win over a team that they are better than, then so be it.  Every week this year I have picked them to win because I felt they were the better team, and you see what their record is. When WR runs into some good competition in the later rounds, I may not be as confident.