5A D1 R2 Area: Longview vs Lancaster

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-3) vs Lancaster Tigers (10-1)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lancaster in a close one
    • Lancaster in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 01:30 AM

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Man as soon as I heard "intercepted by willie andrews"...I cut it off. Nurp! Not gone be able to do it nomo😆😆😆

lmao. He did the same last week as well against Tyler.

I actually thought, after listening to the whole broadcast, that this was Brent's best called game in years. I would imagine last Friday was his last one.

After all the games they called, what is 40+ years I believe?, do wish they would do something to honor him and Johnny. Brent and Johnny Pressbox or something along those lines. Those boys live and breathe Lobo football, even if their age has hampered the broadcasts in recent years.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

lmao. He did the same last week as well against Tyler.

I actually thought, after listening to the whole broadcast, that this was Brent's best called game in years. I would imagine last Friday was his last one.

After all the games they called, what is 40+ years I believe?, do wish they would do something to honor him and Johnny. Brent and Johnny Pressbox or something along those lines. Those boys live and breathe Lobo football, even if their age has hampered the broadcasts in recent years.

I wholeheartedly agree but, Damnit man! I really appreciate all of the years of dedication from these guys and it would be weird NOT to have them one day but, as far as paying attention to and doing play by play broadcasting minus the extracurricular nonsense in the background has become an enormous feat for them.

I swear, last week while coming back from one of their commercial breaks NONE of them wouldn’t sit still long enough to explain the potential playoff scenarios without taking their microphones and wiping them up and down their shirts vigorously. I just shook my head in total disbelief as I screamed at all of them last week via at the radio, “WILL Y’ALL PLEASE SIT THE F DOWN AND QUIT SQUIRMING!!!!!!!!!!!” 

If, you listened to the post-game radio show that @LoboFan07 has uploaded then you’ll understand exactly what I am talking about and where I am coming from. It’s primarily at the very, beginning of the post-game show with John King and I swear, the noise was just SO irritating that I just completely lost it but, it was a buildup or culmination of all the other irritating stuff that they’ve done over the past 3 years or so that brought me to a boil last week. I SO much appreciate Longview GameDay and their commentary but, I ain’t but 2 seconds off of their ADHD cameraman’s butt that can’t keep focus on a football as it’s en route to Jalen Hale’s hands.

I’ve never in my life seen the cameraman get so damn excited about a pass play that he/she just completely loses all focus when the ball is in the air to Jalen Hale and the camera just DROPS to the GROUND and we’re looking at the rubber granules under the turf. Then after said person realizes that they’ve allowed the camera to take like another nosedive, then we unfortunately get the after effects or “residue” if you will, of the players running BACK to the sidelines celebrating. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Longview GameDay Cameraman THIS 👉🏾♿️ is where you need to park at for ALL games home and away. Utilize the extra time in pre-game that you would not have if you didn’t have this permit dangling in your windshield to practice on following the ENTIRE play from start to finish. Jesus Christ!

• LOL! 5

On 11/16/2021 at 5:12 AM, Quick said:

I’m just praying that our Lobos understand that this game IS a REVENGE game for Lancaster. A lot of those kids from last year remember what happened last year and we would be foolish to come into this game thinking ahead to next week and get “McNorthed” again. It CAN happen and it WILL if we aren’t 100% focused on what’s in front of us right now - The Lancaster Tigers.

If I am not mistaken, they have Duncanville’s former offensive coordinator as their newHead Coach this year so, I expect a more extensive playbook this year with a few more wrinkles that we’ve NEVER seen before. John King can NOT afford to let this game get close by any means and start trying to exchange “blows”. Lancaster has too much team speed offensively for us to get into the tit for tat touchdown exchange. The mindset needs to be to deliver Lancaster total humiliation from the jump! 

You’re mistaken, he wasn’t the OC, he was the head track coach and assistant WR coach. But looking at his Instagram he loves him some ME 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Lions70 said:

I have a feeling Longview will be the lone representative big school left in East Texas. 

I think Legacy has a really good shot at Cedar Hill tbh. The Horns have never gotten on track this season. I dunno, barely beating Bryan at home (10-5) just screams...###. We'll see. Planning on attending that one.

18 hours ago, Quick said:

I wholeheartedly agree but, Damnit man! I really appreciate all of the years of dedication from these guys and it would be weird NOT to have them one day but, as far as paying attention to and doing play by play broadcasting minus the extracurricular nonsense in the background has become an enormous feat for them.

I swear, last week while coming back from one of their commercial breaks NONE of them wouldn’t sit still long enough to explain the potential playoff scenarios without taking their microphones and wiping them up and down their shirts vigorously. I just shook my head in total disbelief as I screamed at all of them last week via at the radio, “WILL Y’ALL PLEASE SIT THE F DOWN AND QUIT SQUIRMING!!!!!!!!!!!” 

If, you listened to the post-game radio show that @LoboFan07 has uploaded then you’ll understand exactly what I am talking about and where I am coming from. It’s primarily at the very, beginning of the post-game show with John King and I swear, the noise was just SO irritating that I just completely lost it but, it was a buildup or culmination of all the other irritating stuff that they’ve done over the past 3 years or so that brought me to a boil last week. I SO much appreciate Longview GameDay and their commentary but, I ain’t but 2 seconds off of their ADHD cameraman’s butt that can’t keep focus on a football as it’s en route to Jalen Hale’s hands.

I’ve never in my life seen the cameraman get so damn excited about a pass play that he/she just completely loses all focus when the ball is in the air to Jalen Hale and the camera just DROPS to the GROUND and we’re looking at the rubber granules under the turf. Then after said person realizes that they’ve allowed the camera to take like another nosedive, then we unfortunately get the after effects or “residue” if you will, of the players running BACK to the sidelines celebrating. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Longview GameDay Cameraman THIS 👉🏾♿️ is where you need to park at for ALL games home and away. Utilize the extra time in pre-game that you would not have if you didn’t have this permit dangling in your windshield to practice on following the ENTIRE play from start to finish. Jesus Christ!

I read that entire rant in Eddie Murphy's voice. I highly recommend y'all do the same.  :rofl:

• LOL! 2

After watching more game video a second time, I really believe that if we can get that inside run game going early, we should win this one by 2+ scores...we just need to pull away from these cats early...don't want to let someone with their athleticism and talent hang around...

GO LOBOS!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

After watching more game video a second time, I really believe that if we can get that inside run game going early, we should win this one by 2+ scores...we just need to pull away from these cats early...don't want to let someone with their athleticism and talent hang around...

GO LOBOS!!!!

I'll be honest I haven't watched a lot of film on Lancaster this week. Do they still take as many penalties as they did last year?

25 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

GO LOBOS!!!!

This is why the health of Taylor Tatum is important for this one.

Now Harris has been running strong inside the tackles as of late.

• Like 1