5A Div II Region III AREA: Marshall (8-3) Vs. Crosby (9-2) SATURDAY 2PM @ LUFKIN- Abe Martin Stadium

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Crosby  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Crosby in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Crosby in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

5 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I sat on the Crosby side today. Whew   They had better be ware of A&M Consolidated.  They have played a tough schedule, even beat 6A Converse Judson.

I think consolidated is starting a freshman qb after an injury late in the season big reason I’d have to think Crosby wins.

10 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

🤣 This is funny. And historically Crosby put an L in Marshall's record books today.🤣

Meh. One game. One game we were big underdogs in.  Crosby did what they were suppose to do. 

But the Crosby fan chatter would make Allen, Highland Park, Katy, and Aledo all blush.  Yet all those programs have (several) something Crosby doesn’t.   Give ya one guess. 

2 hours ago, BubbleScreen said:

This may need a re-assessment. Congrats on a strong season Mavericks. Consol will have to play lights out to keep Crosby close next week. 

I’ll reassess when necessary. 

Both of the teams I put ahead of Crosby will be playing next week.  

27 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I was just about to post this. 

Still a 6A program.   Anyway, it may be different now that A&M is without their starting QB.  Tough break when you need key people in the playoffs.  Every team runs that maze every week.  I think Marshall had to play their backup QB today too.

5 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Still a 6A program.   Anyway, it may be different now that A&M is without their starting QB.  Tough break when you need key people in the playoffs.  Every team runs that maze every week.

No doubt still a 6A program but a 6A program described by their own ppl as a current blaze right now, not the same Judson. 

I think AMC has adjusted well with their current QB to be in the 3rd round right now, hopefully it's a better game for Crosby next week versus them than there was today. 

4 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

No doubt still a 6A program but a 6A program described by their own ppl as a current blaze right now, not the same Judson. 

I think AMC has adjusted well with their current QB to be in the 3rd round right now, hopefully it's a better game for Crosby next week versus them than there was today. 

I know another program currently ablaze right now. 😉

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I’ll reassess when necessary. 

Both of the teams I put ahead of Crosby will be playing next week.  

Lol, I guess. One team beat you by 38 and could’ve been 50 if they chose, one team beat you by 15 and you said y’all played bad that game? TH just beat our 2nd place finisher but has a much tougher matchup with  PNG who was our 3rd place finisher now. Crosby best PNG by 40 so I expect TH to at least be able to do the same. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

Lol, I guess. One team beat you by 38 and could’ve been 50 if they chose, one team beat you by 15 and you said y’all played bad that game? TH just beat our 2nd place finisher but has a much tougher matchup with  PNG who was our 3rd place finisher now. Crosby best PNG by 40 so I expect TH to at least be able to do the same. 

Wasn’t it a cougar fan that said a team is a different team in September than it is in November?

Does that only apply to Crosby and not Longview or Texas High? 

Good season Marshall. Crosby looks like we’ll be D2 for one more re-alignment so I hope we see y’all again in the next year or two in a title game. Y’all should be moving back to region two and Aledo is moving up so maybe y’all can make a run. 

32 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

46 points to barbershill is questionable 31-17 final vs a bad Nederland team is as well ...T high is a little bit different teams with guys they got eligible during Nac game imo making a big impact after only playing 4 games. Hope this  time next week we can talk about Crosby v t high .  

believe it or not losing the 2nd game of the season has also played a part . 80-100 live reps make a difference but just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

Good season Marshall. Crosby looks like we’ll be D2 for one more re-alignment so I hope we see y’all again in the next year or two in a title game. Y’all should be moving back to region two and Aledo is moving up so maybe y’all can make a run. 

Thank you.  Best of luck to the coogs. 

Rumor has us returning to region 2.  Travel wise it gets exponentially better than region 3.  But the competition get no easier with The Frisco schools, Ennis, Mesquite Poteet and others.  

I do think we’re headed in the right direction. And that feels good.  Even after a whipping. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Wasn’t it a cougar fan that said a team is a different team in September than it is in November?

Does that only apply to Crosby and not Longview or Texas High? 

It does, y’all played Texas High in October though. Theoretically you should be closer to your peak at that time. Especially for a team like Crosby who lost 16 starters off last year’s state finals team.

The same night TH only managed to beat y’all by 15 Crosby beat a team that would finish 2nd/3rd in y’all’s district by 52. Both teams have basically played on those trajectories since that night. I do agree with you that Longview is probably better than Crosby though.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Marshall on a very, very successful season.  TH is focused on PNG, not Crosby.  The Crosby vs Carthage game is old history and probably means more to Carthage fans than anyone else.  Ancient, irrelevant history.  See you all on the banks on the Cane River next Friday evening!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

46 points to barbershill is questionable 31-17 final vs a bad Nederland team is as well ...T high is a little bit different teams with guys they got eligible during Nac game imo making a big impact after only playing 4 games. Hope this  time next week we can talk about Crosby v t high . 

BH just smashed the #2 team in the state 42-21 in the first round. They would probably win y’all’s district with how they could matchup with TH at the line of scrimmage.

Lol, Nederland is a lot better than Marshall, they just play in our district. They were ranked #7 in the state at one point this year, plus they’re a team that just plays Crosby tough. They beat us last year in the last regular season game, this year Crosby was basically two clear of the district and had nothing on the line when we played them. It was 31–10 when they scored against the backups in the 4th anyway. 

I hope we can rematch it too though, I think it would be an easier game than the matchup we have this week with Consol. 

26 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

believe it or not losing the 2nd game of the season has also played a part . 80-100 live reps make a difference but just my opinion. 

A bad Nederland team that beat WO-S? 

37 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

BH just smashed the #2 team in the state 42-21 in the first round. They would probably win y’all’s district with how they could matchup with TH at the line of scrimmage.

Lol, Nederland is a lot better than Marshall, they just play in our district. They were ranked #7 in the state at one point this year, plus they’re a team that just plays Crosby tough. They beat us last year in the last regular season game, this year Crosby was basically two clear of the district and had nothing on the line when we played them. It was 31–10 when they scored against the backups in the 4th anyway. 

I hope we can rematch it too though, I think it would be an easier game than the matchup we have this week with Consol. 

no need to talk about it right now. T high I hope is worried about 1 team. The oline had gotten better each week hope they continue to do so. Good luck Crosby vs a&m