Texas High (10-0) vs Texas City (10-1) - The Battle for the Title of “Texas”

bordertown

Who Wins  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Texas High
    • Texas City

Texas city has played 4 teams with winning record Crosby being one who beat them pretty handily. Nederland  another who is 6-4 missed playoffs wins over silsbee and wos early....barbershill although beat FBM last night is 5-5 and PNG 6-5 . TC won’t be a push over its playoffs but I think texas high  defense will be ok. TC defense is pretty good. Hoping we get a good game!! 

our passing game has been off all year.  offensive line has improved but is still the weakness of our team.  Texas City will be looking to force us to pass so hopefully we can get some protection for Brayson.  i think our defense is up to the task but Texas City has a more prolific offense than anyone we have played this far.  

8 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I think the key will rest on which teams front seven can stop the other’s run attack. One thing for sure, there will be a lot of speed on the field.

I agree 100%.  We started good against Fulshear and that’s something we haven’t done a lot of lately so jumping out early is key I think.  We can’t behind like we did against Crosby last year and the trade touchdowns.

fulshear game I thought defense played good. If not for a fumble I would have to think it was going to be 21-0 early 2nd quarter. Similar to rudder last night Fulshear broke out everything to keep the game close . If not for a converted 4th and 11 Fulshear doesn’t score in the 2nd half . credit to qb #9 he was also pretty good  has a couple fcs offers. I don’t know TC qb will be able to avoid some of the pressure like he was. 

13 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

fulshear game I thought defense played good. If not for a fumble I would have to think it was going to be 21-0 early 2nd quarter. Similar to rudder last night Fulshear broke out everything to keep the game close . If not for a converted 4th and 11 Fulshear doesn’t score in the 2nd half . credit to qb #9 he was also pretty good  has a couple fcs offers. I don’t know TC qb will be able to avoid some of the pressure like he was. 

Great point about Fulshear.  They definitely brought a lot of different looks and tried a lot of trickery which is what a underdog has to do in a playoff game.  i thought their QB was a gamer for sure and he was entertaining to watch.  

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

Texas city has played 4 teams with winning record Crosby being one who beat them pretty handily. Nederland  another who is 6-4 missed playoffs wins over silsbee and wos early....barbershill although beat FBM last night is 5-5 and PNG 6-5 . TC won’t be a push over its playoffs but I think texas high  defense will be ok. TC defense is pretty good. Hoping we get a good game!! 

But how many teams has TH beaten with a winning record? They are good but their district  is really bad . 

4 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

But how many teams has TH beaten with a winning record? They are good but their district  is really bad . 

I don’t think you see any chest pounding by Tiger fans. But T-High was assigned to their district. It is what it is. However both of their non-district opponents made the playoffs with Tyler playing up a division. District 12 obviously had the best bi-district record playing against arguably the weakest district 11. The battles between Districts 9 & 10 went according to seeding. I watch some of the Texas City/Sterling game. I felt Texas City had a solid defense with athletes. It was hard to gage their offense as Sterling’s defense did not seem to play their positions to contain the run game. I feel this will be a good test for both teams.

4 hours ago, bordertown said:

I don’t think you see any chest pounding by Tiger fans. But T-High was assigned to their district. It is what it is. However both of their non-district opponents made the playoffs with Tyler playing up a division. District 12 obviously had the best bi-district record playing against arguably the weakest district 11. The battles between Districts 9 & 10 went according to seeding. I watch some of the Texas City/Sterling game. I felt Texas City had a solid defense with athletes. It was hard to gage their offense as Sterling’s defense did not seem to play their positions to contain the run game. I feel this will be a good test for both teams.

+1

3 hours ago, bordertown said:

I agree that other than FBM district 11 has not very good for a few years. 
 Doesn’t always play a factor but I Tc oline was somewhat small.  thought they best ran the ball best when safety 2 was at rb but like you looks like most of the athletes are playing defense for them in secondary . dline looked pretty quick but not all that big either.

Of course I'm rooting for Texas High all the way.   But i don't see any way.  They will load the box and we have not proven ONCE this year we can throw effectively. Our passing game has regressed IMO every game this year.  I hate to say it but I don't think this will be close.

• Like 1

Rewind a few years ago, when it was announced that Texas City absorbed La Marque ISD, I knew it was a matter of time before Texas City would pop.

Took a minute but looks like it finally happened this year.

Should be a good game. 

• Like 1