Texas High (10-0) vs Texas City (10-1) - The Battle for the Title of “Texas”

bordertown

Who Wins  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Texas High
    • Texas City

Texas City in a very close one. I feel like this one could go either way though. Texas City was kind of a paper tiger this year - they had a good defense stats wise and then Crosby hung 57 on them. They had zero problems with Barbers Hill though. And they really held most teams to their season lows. These two teams are weirdly similar. Orange and black. Run heavy. Known for defensive, lower scoring games. Both have Texas in their names. Gotta go with City over High, 21-13.

I think this 2nd round gm has been circled for Texas high all year. returned probably right at half the team from last year . 2 or 3 on defense played on that team that happen to win in lufkin a couple years ago. If they play all 4 quarters I think it goes in t high favor. TC will be ready to play I’m sure. Hope we get a good game

Final 31-0

Not the game I expected. Hard hitting on both sides. After the 1st series, Tiger defense made the adjustments and dominated the Texas City offense. TC defense force the Tigers to pass the ball and they complied. Nothing for Texas City to hang their head … you left it on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, bordertown said:

Final 31-0

Not the game I expected. Hard hitting on both sides. After the 1st series, Tiger defense made the adjustments and dominated the Texas City offense. TC defense force the Tigers to pass the ball and they complied. Nothing for Texas City to hang their head … you left it on the field.

TC made sure Stewart after a big week didn’t come in and beat them credit to them. I though Qb stepped up big. Still had a few drops 2 being on 3rd down but overall much improved in passing game. Showed that they can wins game either way imo. Defense keeps playing well who knows

On 11/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, THSfanatic said:

Of course I'm rooting for Texas High all the way.   But i don't see any way.  They will load the box and we have not proven ONCE this year we can throw effectively. Our passing game has regressed IMO every game this year.  I hate to say it but I don't think this will be close.

LOL!  You were right in one respect.  It was not close.

• LOL! 1