bordertown

Who Wins  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Texas High
    • Texas City

9 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

LOL number two for the experts.

I don’t think it’s time to start calling people out. T high played well. Have to keep focus going forward. Looks like PNG is who they will play. They lost to Texas city so I think they’ll have a chance but one game at a time. 

7 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

I don’t think it’s time to start calling people out. T high played well. Have to keep focus going forward. Looks like PNG is who they will play. They lost to Texas city so I think they’ll have a chance but one game at a time. 

Not calling anybody out.  If you make comments like this when its obvious you know little about the team,  then suffer the consequences.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slimbodine said:

Not calling anybody out.  If you make comments like this when its obvious you know little about the team,  then suffer the consequences.  

lol qb played good. if not for a few drops maybe it could have been better. I do think the defense will give them a chance in games 

2 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

I thought the Texas City defense would be problematic for the Tiger rushing game (and for most part it was). Likewise, I thought the Tiger defense would shut down their rushing attack. While the battle was fought by the front seven, it was won by the Tiger secondary. 

• Like 3

Hats off to Texas High. Really dominated the Stingarees. Great win and really rolling. PNG vs Texas High will be fun. They aren’t one dimensional like TC and can sling it around. Why and how Texas City beat PNG in the regular season puzzles me but these are 16, 17 and 18 year olds were writing about. And with Ennis, Highland Park, and Montgomery losing - no one seems safe. 

24 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I thought the Texas City defense would be problematic for the Tiger rushing game (and for most part it was). Likewise, I thought the Tiger defense would shut down their rushing attack. While the battle was fought by the front seven, it was won by the Tiger secondary. 

Agreed.  I just thought the comments about not being able to have a passing game were a little off base.  This quarterback has been a very good passing qb thru his years at Texas High.  And when you stack the box you open up the passing game.  Lets hope that they have a good run in the playoffs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Slimbodine said:

Agreed.  I just thought the comments about not being able to have a passing game were a little off base.  This quarterback has been a very good passing qb thru his years at Texas High.  And when you stack the box you open up the passing game.  Lets hope that they have a good run in the playoffs.

You are very correct. The QB has been very good.  But my point was they have really REALLY struggled  in the passing game and it was trending down.  I never blamed it on the QB.  They have not had the break-away receivers they have had in the past and the OL has struggled to give him time.  And they have struggled with dropped passes. But they came through big time tonight and won the game. Texas City stacked everybody inside and except for 1 play they completely shut the running game down.  Texas High played a great game tonight. 

• Like 2

I was at the game tonight and I have to say I went into this game expecting some disappointment because as noted , our passing game has been down but this may have been our beat coached , game planned game I’ve seen under Stanford.  It’s been a very long time since we have gotten past the second round .  Proud of the coaches and kids tonight !  We had a good crowd too but man, I have to say that Lufkin needs to invest some money in the PA system ….it was really bad .