Area: Lindale (7-4) vs El Campo (10-1) Thursday @ McLane Stadium in Waco, TX

GoodOleBoy73

Going with the Eagles!!  I know EC has a great rb, but I think we learned something from playing against #9 from Kilgore.  The big blue offense can put up some points which will be a major task for EC’s defense to stop, and lastly,  our coaching staff is arguably one of the best at adjusting. 

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

EC is a different animal than anything Lindale has faced this year. Owens is one of the top RBs in the nation for his class but they have another. Should be a high scoring game. 

I agree that Owens is very very good. I wouldn’t say they are a “different animal” though. I think Kilgore is as good as or better than El Campo. Eagles had a shot to beat Kilgore and will have a shot to beat El Campo. Question is will they be able to tackle the RB? Tackling has been a little suspect the last few weeks. If they clean that up then I think Lindale moves on. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

EC is a different animal than anything Lindale has faced this year. Owens is one of the top RBs in the nation for his class but they have another. Should be a high scoring game. 

Huh?? If El Campo had a decent passing attack to go along with their running game then hands down they would be very difficult to beat. El Campo doesn't do anything but power run game. Don't get me wrong Owens is as advertised but when they start playing against good defenses I can't see them being a threat. Kilgore shut their run game down other than one long run they couldn't do anything last year. 

47 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Exactly! Lindale had 8-9 players in the box against Kilgore (Rider) and didn't come close to stopping him. Nothing against Rider but Owens is a man child in 4A. I "hope" Lindale pulls it off but it's gonna take several turnovers by EC for it to happen IMO.

3 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Huh?? If El Campo had a decent passing attack to go along with their running game then hands down they would be very difficult to beat. El Campo doesn't do anything but power run game. Don't get me wrong Owens is as advertised but when they start playing against good defenses I can't see them being a threat. Kilgore shut their run game down other than one long run they couldn't do anything last year. 

I’m confused. You started out with “huh” then talked about stuff from last year. This isn’t last years EC. They got a coach now that knows how to coach. You may be right about when they run into a good defense but that won’t be till a few weeks away at the earliest. 

• Like 1

My son (RB #20) and I was wanting to come watch this game but its on a dang Thursday. I believe Lindale can take this one if they can force El Campo out of their comfort zone and to beat them through the air. Won’t stop Owens completely, but minimize and contain him in crucial situations. 

• Like 1