Area: Lindale (7-4) vs El Campo (10-1) Thursday @ McLane Stadium in Waco, TX

GoodOleBoy73

53 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m confused. You started out with “huh” then talked about stuff from last year. This isn’t last years EC. They got a coach now that knows how to coach. You may be right about when they run into a good defense but that won’t be till a few weeks away at the earliest. 

I said Huh to your comment saying EC is a different animal. And how do know let me guess you been watching their highlight videos I guess. EC same type of offense just a different year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Hahahaha.. I gotta laugh out loud how some people say it when someone worries about another man's feelings on a hs website. Or who does what and yada yada.... Finger is pointing at you little man.

I promise you his feelings are not hurt nor is mine. Your the one that continues to make outlandish statements on this board only to disappear when Kilgore loses in "any" sport only to wait on the next sport to come and say " there's a good chance Kilgore may go FAR"! 

Please keep on, it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I said Huh to your comment saying EC is a different animal. And how do know let me guess you been watching their highlight videos I guess. EC same type of offense just a different year

I’ve seen half of their games. 

56 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I promise you his feelings are not hurt nor is mine. Your the one that continues to make outlandish statements on this board only to disappear when Kilgore loses in "any" sport only to wait on the next sport to come and say " there's a good chance Kilgore may go FAR"! 

Please keep on, it's hilarious.

And your still worrying about what someone else is or isn't doing. Hahahaha... sad so sad 

EC is not as one dimensional as in the past. No doubt ground and pound is there game but they can and will pass. EC has two QB’s that can pass as well as Owens out of the wildcat. All three have QB ratings in the 110 range with 50% completion ratios. Owens is no doubt the no 1 RB, but EC has not 2 but 3 that will play on Saturday’s. These kids are running behind maybe the best O line in 4A. (This is the o-line group that dominated the lineman challenge over the summer winning the Houston area round against 4A-6A teams and a the state championship over 4A-5A teams). Don’t confuse this Ricebird team with those of the past. Defensively EC has been inconsistent. The new coaching staff has brought over a pressure defense that is designed to create chaos. It has been a very effective defense at times but the players are just now really able to execute the system. When it is run correctly EC looks very dominant on D. When they miss assignments they give up big plays though. If EC plays well on D and takes care of the ball they win by 2 scores. If not, and they don’t contain Lindale’s QB, the last team with the ball will probably be the winner in a high scoring game like Lindale had against Kilgore and Lumberton. 

• Roll Eyes 1

55 minutes ago, Starlinmarlin said:

EC is not as one dimensional as in the past. No doubt ground and pound is there game but they can and will pass. EC has two QB’s that can pass as well as Owens out of the wildcat. All three have QB ratings in the 110 range with 50% completion ratios. Owens is no doubt the no 1 RB, but EC has not 2 but 3 that will play on Saturday’s. These kids are running behind maybe the best O line in 4A. (This is the o-line group that dominated the lineman challenge over the summer winning the Houston area round against 4A-6A teams and a the state championship over 4A-5A teams). Don’t confuse this Ricebird team with those of the past. Defensively EC has been inconsistent. The new coaching staff has brought over a pressure defense that is designed to create chaos. It has been a very effective defense at times but the players are just now really able to execute the system. When it is run correctly EC looks very dominant on D. When they miss assignments they give up big plays though. If EC plays well on D and takes care of the ball they win by 2 scores. If not, and they don’t contain Lindale’s QB, the last team with the ball will probably be the winner in a high scoring game like Lindale had against Kilgore and Lumberton. 

How many passing yards does EC have this season?

4 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

How many passing yards does EC have this season?

850 yds. In comparison last year with one more game they had about 475. The difference is the efficiency and when they pass. In the past they passed pretty much 3rd and long out of necessity. The new coaching staff will throw pretty much on any down and distance. It’s still a run first / heavy offense but it has more exotic looks and looks to catch  teams off guard for big plays in the passing game. 

This game will be like Lindale's game against Needville last year. It will be back and forth, not going to predict who will win. We are in district with El Campo. You will move the ball against them. The problem is stopping them. We did for one half. I won't talk about the second half

5 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well they said that last year also if they prove me wrong on that I will congratulate them. But the other question is also the Defense does give up a lot of points even to not very good offensive teams. Let's just see if they can backup what you have spoken of them.

El Campo will score some points. They will also give up lots of points. The game is a toss up. I will congratulate whoever wins

On 11/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, Starlinmarlin said:

850 yds. In comparison last year with one more game they had about 475. The difference is the efficiency and when they pass. In the past they passed pretty much 3rd and long out of necessity. The new coaching staff will throw pretty much on any down and distance. It’s still a run first / heavy offense but it has more exotic looks and looks to catch  teams off guard for big plays in the passing game. 

Wow!! 375 more yards in 10 games..... WOW!! That’s a HUGE difference.