Jump to content

Area: Lindale (7-4) vs El Campo (10-1) Thursday @ McLane Stadium in Waco, TX


GoodOleBoy73
 Share

Recommended Posts

The way I see this game is you have a very good ball control club that puts up alot of points running the football more than 90% of the time.  El Campo averages well over 50 pts/game.  Lindale will need to stick to what brung em and load up for the run on D.  IF EC attempts more than 10 passes, it only hurts their offense......according to the stats. They know that, and that's why they will stick to what they do best.  Lindale needs to get some stops and make their possessions count.  A very good running team can run its opponent out of time very quickly......esp. if they are scoring with long drives.  Lindale will need a few turnovers and their best effort of the season with the fewest mistakes to come away with the W in this one.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, regaleagle said:

The way I see this game is you have a very good ball control club that puts up alot of points running the football more than 90% of the time.  El Campo averages well over 50 pts/game.  Lindale will need to stick to what brung em and load up for the run on D.  IF EC attempts more than 10 passes, it only hurts their offense......according to the stats. They know that, and that's why they will stick to what they do best.  Lindale needs to get some stops and make their possessions count.  A very good running team can run its opponent out of time very quickly......esp. if they are scoring with long drives.  Lindale will need a few turnovers and their best effort of the season with the fewest mistakes to come away with the W in this one.  

I agree with you here Regal...Eagles need to tackle well and the offense needs to continue humming along. If they can tackle #4 then we have a shot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

They should start late on Friday.... like 10:00

 

That’s what I was thinking too. Think about the bus drivers that have to drive some of those busses. Won’t be home till after 2 and then have to be back at work at probably around 5 or 6 to go pick kids up. That’s dangerous 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Exactly! Lindale had 8-9 players in the box against Kilgore (Rider) and didn't come close to stopping him. Nothing against Rider but Owens is a man child in 4A. I "hope" Lindale pulls it off but it's gonna take several turnovers by EC for it to happen IMO.

Pretty hard to do when Kilgore runs a spread with 2-3 receivers and a QB who can drop dimes. Fact is Kilgore spreads you out and EC runs with 1 WR, and 7 linemen. Totally different. You can’t compare the defensive schemes that will face those 2 teams - EC Vs. Kilgore. With Kilgore They can pass too. EC has less than 1,000 yards passing and less than 80 attempts in 11 games. That’s a 1 dimensional team. It's worked and they’ve run for a lot of yards, so why change it? I agree and understand why they do what they do. But, still hard to compare and you can’t load 9 into the box against Kilgore. They will throw for 400 yards against that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Pretty hard to do when Kilgore runs a spread with 2-3 receivers and a QB who can drop dimes. Fact is Kilgore spreads you out and EC runs with 1 WR, and 7 linemen. Totally different. You can’t compare the defensive schemes that will face those 2 teams - EC Vs. Kilgore. With Kilgore They can pass too. EC has less than 1,000 yards passing and less than 80 attempts in 11 games. That’s a 1 dimensional team. It's worked and they’ve run for a lot of yards, so why change it? I agree and understand why they do what they do. But, still hard to compare and you can’t load 9 into the box against Kilgore. They will throw for 400 yards against that. 

Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this playoff game being carried on Texan Live, or what?  I haven't subscribed this year yet because of the Live Streams......but is the UIL allowing schools any Live Streams in the playoffs this year?   Or do we have to go to Texan Live or NFHS to watch this game?

Last week Argyle and Melissa both had Livestreams of their Round 1 playoff games, but both games were in their home stadiums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Is this playoff game being carried on Texan Live, or what?  I haven't subscribed this year yet because of the Live Streams......but is the UIL allowing schools any Live Streams in the playoffs this year?   Or do we have to go to Texan Live or NFHS to watch this game?

Last week Argyle and Melissa both had Livestreams of their Round 1 playoff games, but both games were in their home stadiums.

https://texanlive.com/video/61928963d95a880001c4ac93?fbclid=IwAR3cI_NbSe1iDikfqp3R_kAYGmCtPbpD9Tf4VQueVvr9VUioo-M4f3uwSmw

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Is this playoff game being carried on Texan Live, or what?  I haven't subscribed this year yet because of the Live Streams......but is the UIL allowing schools any Live Streams in the playoffs this year?   Or do we have to go to Texan Live or NFHS to watch this game?

Last week Argyle and Melissa both had Livestreams of their Round 1 playoff games, but both games were in their home stadiums.

Local streams can be done unless NFHS or Texan live decide to carry it. Last week they were supposed to do Carthage and didn’t show, so our local radio started streaming it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/15/2021 at 12:36 AM, regaleagle said:

The way I see this game is you have a very good ball control club that puts up alot of points running the football more than 90% of the time.  El Campo averages well over 50 pts/game.  Lindale will need to stick to what brung em and load up for the run on D.  IF EC attempts more than 10 passes, it only hurts their offense......according to the stats. They know that, and that's why they will stick to what they do best.  Lindale needs to get some stops and make their possessions count.  A very good running team can run its opponent out of time very quickly......esp. if they are scoring with long drives.  Lindale will need a few turnovers and their best effort of the season with the fewest mistakes to come away with the W in this one.  

This guy knows what he is talking about.  I watched the CH vs Vidor game..... I bet Vidor rushed for 300 yards, yet we still "stopped" them.  Extremely good coaching from CH that game to keep them in the 3rd and longs and plenty of 4th down stops.  That game was 2hrs and 15 min...... The key is Vidor was headed down the field again with 2 min remaining and felt pressured to pass..... They did, and CH got the INT.  
If EC is anything like Vidor, they will score and they will rack up the yardage.  Its going to be the "key" 3rd and 4th down stops that allows Lindale to pull out the W.  
I dont care how many points your "normally" score.  This is round 2 and CH only put up 25 against a pretty darn good team.  Doesnt matter what you do.... It matters how you do it.  Vidor knows how to hurry up and run the ball down your throat.  Lots of Grit in that game.

Lastly, 
Tons of respect to the Vidor team for the sportsmanship they showed after their loss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 quick thoughts....

1. One of the trademarks of Lindale the last couple of years is that they are fast out of the gates. They seemingly always  score TD's on their first 2 or 3 drives of the game. If they can jump out to a two or 3 score lead early, EC will probably start trying to force the issue and do things they're not really comfortable doing.

2. EC hasn't played anybody on Lindale's level since September 10th. That was a long time ago.

3. Lindale's special teams are a major strength for them. Field position could play a big role in this one and I'll bet ya a dollar to a doughnut that Lindale will have much shorter fields than EC.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...