Jump to content

Area: Lindale (7-4) vs El Campo (10-1) Thursday @ McLane Stadium in Waco, TX


GoodOleBoy73
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Kilgore’s defensive strengths will match up pretty well against EC’s run game if we both get there. 

Kilgore will dominate EC. As long as y’all can get a couple of stops or turnovers and aren’t playing against the refs 🙄. Ryder will eat their lunch

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Kilgore will dominate EC. As long as y’all can get a couple of stops or turnovers and aren’t playing against the refs 🙄. Ryder will eat their lunch

If Lindale played against the refs, the same could be for CH when we played Lindale.  I watched the live stream of Lindale vs EC..... How many penalties there.  I dont think many man.  I think I saw 2 against Lindale.  Holding and illegal man down field.  Cant do that and the refs cant ignore it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Lindale  El Campo  
  First downs  25  25
  Yards rushing  36-240  58-534
  Yards passing  246   38
  Passes  21-36-3-3  1-2-0-0
  Punts   33.0  N/A
  Fumbles-lost   0-0   2-1
  Penalty-yards   9-75  5-39

 

Looks pretty even on how the refs were calling it.  Only 36 yards difference.

No one will win against a team that runs up 534 rushing yards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, bandman5554 said:

If Lindale played against the refs, the same could be for CH when we played Lindale.  I watched the live stream of Lindale vs EC..... How many penalties there.  I dont think many man.  I think I saw 2 against Lindale.  Holding and illegal man down field.  Cant do that and the refs cant ignore it.  

No it was worse. It wasn’t just penalties. It was bad called and missed calls. They called a clearly complete pass for a td as an incomplete pass. They said the half was over when there was actually 1 second left on the clock that would have resulted in a field goal. They called a bad pass interference call on Lindale that was ticky tack and then didn’t call it twice on EC when it was clearly pass interference. They called back a td for illegal formation that mad absolutely no sense and then called back another td for holding but when you watch the replay there was absolutely no one holding. I know bad calls are part of the game but it makes it much worse when you see the replays on the jumbotron and it’s absolutely the wrong call. That being said Lindale did have several opportunities to capitalize on and they didn’t. Still can’t help but be a little salty the next morning. The good news is my blood pressure should be a lot lower on Friday nights now lol

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bandman5554 said:

If Lindale played against the refs, the same could be for CH when we played Lindale.  I watched the live stream of Lindale vs EC..... How many penalties there.  I dont think many man.  I think I saw 2 against Lindale.  Holding and illegal man down field.  Cant do that and the refs cant ignore it.  

Let's not pretend that Lindale has not completely DOMINATED Chapel Hill the last three times they have played. Don't come on here talking about the refs in those games when the score over the last three is a combined 124-27 with Lindale winning all three.

I agree that no one should be blaming refs but give me a break...pretty sure there were about 10 penalties against Lindale and only about 3-4 against El Campo. Maybe El Campo was just more disciplined last night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

No it was worse. It wasn’t just penalties. It was bad called and missed calls. They called a clearly complete pass for a td as an incomplete pass. They said the half was over when there was actually 1 second left on the clock that would have resulted in a field goal. They called a bad pass interference call on Lindale that was ticky tack and then didn’t call it twice on EC when it was clearly pass interference. They called back a td for illegal formation that mad absolutely no sense and then called back another td for holding but when you watch the replay there was absolutely no one holding. I know bad calls are part of the game but it makes it much worse when you see the replays on the jumbotron and it’s absolutely the wrong call. That being said Lindale did have several opportunities to capitalize on and they didn’t. Still can’t help but be a little salty the next morning. The good news is my blood pressure should be a lot lower on Friday nights now lol

Let’s be totally honest and say the best team (at least on Thursday night) won the game. First the official’s missed calls on both sides but overall they let the kids play. There was holding by Lindale over and over on the edge but was not called. But I’m fine with it if you’re gonna let them play.

- The fumble by EC followed the play Davis reached the ball to the goal line and the nose of the ball was crossed the plane of the goal line. Should have been a touch down. (Is what it is, pretty tough call on an official at game speed)

- Lindale receiver fumbled the ball after a reception along Lindale sideline when he was hit by EC defender.  Ball was recovered by DK Ward. EC was not awarded the ball but replay clearly showed the ball was out.

- Lindale QB fumbled the ball after a good run and EC recovered. Official’s ruled he was down but replay looked like the ball was loose before he made contact with the ground.

- I disagree that the official made a bad call on the TD pass to end the first half. It was an exceptional play by both receiver and Defender. Anderson from EC made a great play on the ball and high pointed it  Lindale’s receiver made a great play to try and take the ball from the defender. In this situation if the ball is maintained through the ground by both players the tie goes to the offensive team. The ball came out when the hit the ground. No catch. (If the maintained possession for a split instance through the ground enough to make it a catch, pretty tough to call at game speed)  

- was it pass interference against Owen’s on his second pass reception attempt? Most definitely and was not even a close call. It was so obvious the referee had to throw the laundry as the corner back was on an island and did not turn to defend the ball. We’re some close PI calls not made? Probably but the refs let them play and only called the egregious penalty’s that couldn’t be missed.

- Owens had a long TD called back that would have put EC up by 3 TD’s to the phantom spot he stepped out of bounds. Replay clearly showed he stayed in bounds. (EC went on to score anyway so it actually helped kill clock)

 

Did both teams make mistakes, yes. Did both teams and play a hell of a game, yes. Did EC throw the ball? No, why would any team when your averaging 10 yards  a carry with a team that was stacking the line.  Can EC throw the ball, yes. All 3 attempts where very well executed pass plays. If they needed to throw I fully believe they would have and done well enough. Does EC have anyone that can catch the ball besides Owens, yes. They have at least 5 or 6 receivers / tight ends that have very good hands and have shown to be dependable in the passing game. 

Let’s just get past the officiating as at the end of the day it was a non factor. The difference in the game was EC DID shut down Lindale in the second half collecting 3 interceptions while allowing only one touchdown on an amazing play by Lindale’s QB on fourth down in the grasp of two EC defenders lofting a TD pass to the back of the End-zone. EC never punted the ball the entire game.

 

Oh, where would EC be without Owens? First of all he’s a dynamic player that is a generational type player. I’m glad he is on our side. But #3 Davis ain’t to bad either. #17 Norman that only got one carry is the real deal too. There are a few others behind those 3. Trust me. They would be all right…..

 

Onto the next round, and if EC and Kilgore do not stumble in round 3, it will be a great matchup. Can Kilgore beat EC? Of course they can. Can EC come out on top? No doubt they can. I’m just going to enjoy the ride and root on the Ricebirds and hope the can make this season more special than it has already been. 
 

#TTBL !! ( Turn Those Birds Loose)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, LetsGoEagles said:

I’m not saying we’re Going to shut down the EC rushing attack but comparing Kilgore offense to EC offense is nonsensical. They’re very different. 

Sorry for the late post. I've been dealing with a family member in the hospital and I don't do mobile Smoaky. I never compared O's in one statement I made. I said if Lindale cannot stop Rider they sure wouldn't stop Owens IMO. That statement lived to be true.

And I don't see Kilgore throwing for 400 on anybody that has a pulse on defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will take a team with a good defense and an offense that can score some serious points to defeat this El Campo team.  They will get their points for sure, and be able to control the football and therefore the clock.  I haven't seen Kilgore play this season.....have not looked at any games or clips......so I have no idea what they bring to the table.  I have now seen El Campo......they have enough on offense to give most teams heartburn the whole game, LOL.  Until I can see them against a team with a better D, I cannot say how they will perform under those circumstances.  Right now......they look like they have enough to win Region 3.  But Kilgore might have enough D and enough offense to give them a whirl.  Still to be determined.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lindale’s defense is young, losing 3 starting Seniors. With several sophomores that moved up and played all year learning against some tough competition. 

Eagle offense is losing QB & 4 starting WRs. RBs are sophomores. Whole O-line returns I believe. 

JV had a good season and will be moving up several good players next year. 

Lindale will be alright and should compete for a DC plus some playoff wins for the next 2 years. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Lindale’s defense is young, losing 3 starting Seniors. With several sophomores that moved up and played all year learning against some tough competition. 

Eagle offense is losing QB & 4 starting WRs. RBs are sophomores. Whole O-line returns I believe. 

JV had a good season and will be moving up several good players next year. 

Lindale will be alright and should compete for a DC plus some playoff wins for the next 2 years. 

 

Will Lindale jump to 5A?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Starlinmarlin said:

Let’s be totally honest and say the best team (at least on Thursday night) won the game. First the official’s missed calls on both sides but overall they let the kids play. There was holding by Lindale over and over on the edge but was not called. But I’m fine with it if you’re gonna let them play.

- The fumble by EC followed the play Davis reached the ball to the goal line and the nose of the ball was crossed the plane of the goal line. Should have been a touch down. (Is what it is, pretty tough call on an official at game speed)

- Lindale receiver fumbled the ball after a reception along Lindale sideline when he was hit by EC defender.  Ball was recovered by DK Ward. EC was not awarded the ball but replay clearly showed the ball was out.

- Lindale QB fumbled the ball after a good run and EC recovered. Official’s ruled he was down but replay looked like the ball was loose before he made contact with the ground.

- I disagree that the official made a bad call on the TD pass to end the first half. It was an exceptional play by both receiver and Defender. Anderson from EC made a great play on the ball and high pointed it  Lindale’s receiver made a great play to try and take the ball from the defender. In this situation if the ball is maintained through the ground by both players the tie goes to the offensive team. The ball came out when the hit the ground. No catch. (If the maintained possession for a split instance through the ground enough to make it a catch, pretty tough to call at game speed)  

- was it pass interference against Owen’s on his second pass reception attempt? Most definitely and was not even a close call. It was so obvious the referee had to throw the laundry as the corner back was on an island and did not turn to defend the ball. We’re some close PI calls not made? Probably but the refs let them play and only called the egregious penalty’s that couldn’t be missed.

- Owens had a long TD called back that would have put EC up by 3 TD’s to the phantom spot he stepped out of bounds. Replay clearly showed he stayed in bounds. (EC went on to score anyway so it actually helped kill clock)

 

Did both teams make mistakes, yes. Did both teams and play a hell of a game, yes. Did EC throw the ball? No, why would any team when your averaging 10 yards  a carry with a team that was stacking the line.  Can EC throw the ball, yes. All 3 attempts where very well executed pass plays. If they needed to throw I fully believe they would have and done well enough. Does EC have anyone that can catch the ball besides Owens, yes. They have at least 5 or 6 receivers / tight ends that have very good hands and have shown to be dependable in the passing game. 

Let’s just get past the officiating as at the end of the day it was a non factor. The difference in the game was EC DID shut down Lindale in the second half collecting 3 interceptions while allowing only one touchdown on an amazing play by Lindale’s QB on fourth down in the grasp of two EC defenders lofting a TD pass to the back of the End-zone. EC never punted the ball the entire game.

 

Oh, where would EC be without Owens? First of all he’s a dynamic player that is a generational type player. I’m glad he is on our side. But #3 Davis ain’t to bad either. #17 Norman that only got one carry is the real deal too. There are a few others behind those 3. Trust me. They would be all right…..

 

Onto the next round, and if EC and Kilgore do not stumble in round 3, it will be a great matchup. Can Kilgore beat EC? Of course they can. Can EC come out on top? No doubt they can. I’m just going to enjoy the ride and root on the Ricebirds and hope the can make this season more special than it has already been. 
 

#TTBL !! ( Turn Those Birds Loose)

 

Great post. 

 

I was very impressed with El Campo's Davis last night. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Starlinmarlin said:

Let’s be totally honest and say the best team (at least on Thursday night) won the game. First the official’s missed calls on both sides but overall they let the kids play. There was holding by Lindale over and over on the edge but was not called. But I’m fine with it if you’re gonna let them play.

- The fumble by EC followed the play Davis reached the ball to the goal line and the nose of the ball was crossed the plane of the goal line. Should have been a touch down. (Is what it is, pretty tough call on an official at game speed)

- Lindale receiver fumbled the ball after a reception along Lindale sideline when he was hit by EC defender.  Ball was recovered by DK Ward. EC was not awarded the ball but replay clearly showed the ball was out.

- Lindale QB fumbled the ball after a good run and EC recovered. Official’s ruled he was down but replay looked like the ball was loose before he made contact with the ground.

- I disagree that the official made a bad call on the TD pass to end the first half. It was an exceptional play by both receiver and Defender. Anderson from EC made a great play on the ball and high pointed it  Lindale’s receiver made a great play to try and take the ball from the defender. In this situation if the ball is maintained through the ground by both players the tie goes to the offensive team. The ball came out when the hit the ground. No catch. (If the maintained possession for a split instance through the ground enough to make it a catch, pretty tough to call at game speed)  

- was it pass interference against Owen’s on his second pass reception attempt? Most definitely and was not even a close call. It was so obvious the referee had to throw the laundry as the corner back was on an island and did not turn to defend the ball. We’re some close PI calls not made? Probably but the refs let them play and only called the egregious penalty’s that couldn’t be missed.

- Owens had a long TD called back that would have put EC up by 3 TD’s to the phantom spot he stepped out of bounds. Replay clearly showed he stayed in bounds. (EC went on to score anyway so it actually helped kill clock)

 

Did both teams make mistakes, yes. Did both teams and play a hell of a game, yes. Did EC throw the ball? No, why would any team when your averaging 10 yards  a carry with a team that was stacking the line.  Can EC throw the ball, yes. All 3 attempts where very well executed pass plays. If they needed to throw I fully believe they would have and done well enough. Does EC have anyone that can catch the ball besides Owens, yes. They have at least 5 or 6 receivers / tight ends that have very good hands and have shown to be dependable in the passing game. 

Let’s just get past the officiating as at the end of the day it was a non factor. The difference in the game was EC DID shut down Lindale in the second half collecting 3 interceptions while allowing only one touchdown on an amazing play by Lindale’s QB on fourth down in the grasp of two EC defenders lofting a TD pass to the back of the End-zone. EC never punted the ball the entire game.

 

Oh, where would EC be without Owens? First of all he’s a dynamic player that is a generational type player. I’m glad he is on our side. But #3 Davis ain’t to bad either. #17 Norman that only got one carry is the real deal too. There are a few others behind those 3. Trust me. They would be all right…..

 

Onto the next round, and if EC and Kilgore do not stumble in round 3, it will be a great matchup. Can Kilgore beat EC? Of course they can. Can EC come out on top? No doubt they can. I’m just going to enjoy the ride and root on the Ricebirds and hope the can make this season more special than it has already been. 
 

#TTBL !! ( Turn Those Birds Loose)

 

This was a nice long post except for the fact it is completely wrong. You must’ve been watching a different game. And just to prove this you saying that Lindale only scored once in the second half is not true they scored twice. The “ fumbles” you are talking about we’re not fumbles. The players were clearly down before the ball came loose. And as far as the pass that our receiver did catch, there is no question that it was a catch. Watch the replay again. He had hit the ground and was there for a complete one to two seconds and then the defender hit the ball while they were on the ground and knocked it loose. It was 100 percent a catch. Like I said before, Lindale did have some missed opportunities for sure but they did have a lot of bad calls go against them

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It will take a team with a good defense and an offense that can score some serious points to defeat this El Campo team.  They will get their points for sure, and be able to control the football and therefore the clock.  I haven't seen Kilgore play this season.....have not looked at any games or clips......so I have no idea what they bring to the table.  I have now seen El Campo......they have enough on offense to give most teams heartburn the whole game, LOL.  Until I can see them against a team with a better D, I cannot say how they will perform under those circumstances.  Right now......they look like they have enough to win Region 3.  But Kilgore might have enough D and enough offense to give them a whirl.  Still to be determined.......

Kilgore will beat EC no doubt. It will be another offensive slug fest but Kilgore will take it. Owens is a good back but Ryder is much better. After seeing both of them, Ryder is bigger and faster and EC’s defense will not stop him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

This was a nice long post except for the fact it is completely wrong. You must’ve been watching a different game. And just to prove this you saying that Lindale only scored once in the second half is not true they scored twice. The “ fumbles” you are talking about we’re not fumbles. The players were clearly down before the ball came loose. And as far as the pass that our receiver did catch, there is no question that it was a catch. Watch the replay again. He had hit the ground and was there for a complete one to two seconds and then the defender hit the ball while they were on the ground and knocked it loose. It was 100 percent a catch. Like I said before, Lindale did have some missed opportunities for sure but they did have a lot of bad calls go against them

Not wrong at all. If you read correctly, EC’s defense did only give up one touchdown the second half. Lindale did score twice but one was special teams score on a returned Kick off.
 

Watched the same game but not through blue tinted sun glasses…..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Starlinmarlin said:

Not wrong at all. If you read correctly, EC’s defense did only give up one touchdown the second half. Lindale did score twice but one was special teams score on a returned Kick off.
 

Watched the same game but not through blue tinted sun glasses…..

Lindale forgets to mention their best player threw 2 picks. I guess that's not a "fault" in football north of Tyler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...