Gladewater vs. Grandview Friday 11/ 19 7pm Royse City ISD Stadium

PeepawTatum

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:59 AM

13 hours ago, VZCR said:

The Zs are not as experienced as they have been. That gives GW a chance. The QB must play lights out for GW to win. 

We have still yet to turn Allen lose running the football because we haven’t had to. I think this may be the game he shows why all the colleges want him. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

We have still yet to turn Allen lose running the football because we haven’t had to. I think this may be the game he shows why all the colleges want him. 

Yep, I believe it’s all part of the plan, the longer we play the more DJ is going to get his number called. 

48 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I wouldn’t want to 😂 he runs hard and is a bowling ball. He is actually pretty nimble for a big kid. 

He is. Gonna be some headhunters in the playoffs that’ll match up with him, but he should still get a few yards a carry. Lol

22 minutes ago, PepperBrooks said:

West and Glen Rose had success with the QB run game. I expect DJ Allen to get a heavy dose. I'll say 42-31 GW  

I especially noticed it against West. I’m sure the coaches have too. This will be the most dynamic running Qb that they’ve seen. Going to be a fun game and to me no clear favorite. 

• Like 1

Grandview had 4 starters out in the West game, three on defense. The outcome would have been different if this weren’t the case. Glen Rose is ranked #11 in 4A Division 2 and we were whipped. I believe Gladewater was beat soundly by 4a Kilgore and Gilmer so there’s that. GV also lost All County 1500 yd running back early in the season and now the next in line running back is out with an ankle injury. That said, this is not the 2018/19 state championship teams and I am not sure we have the horses to compete with Gladewater.

2 minutes ago, Zebra65 said:

Grandview had 4 starters out in the West game, three on defense. The outcome would have been different if this weren’t the case. Glen Rose is ranked #11 in 4A Division 2 and we were whipped. I believe Gladewater was beat soundly by 4a Kilgore and Gilmer so there’s that. GV also lost All County 1500 yd running back early in the season and now the next in line running back is out with an ankle injury. That said, this is not the 2018/19 state championship teams and I am not sure we have the horses to compete with Gladewater.

We were throttled by Kilgore and I don’t have much to say about it other then we weren’t in that game from the opening kickoff. Kilgore is very good and is going to make a deep run in 4a this year. I do believe If we played again today the score wouldn’t be even close to as lopsided as it was. I expect a good game next Friday. We know what we are up against. We will have the best player on the field but English will be without a doubt the 2nd best. He is GOOD. 

15 minutes ago, Zebra65 said:

I’ve seen your kids on film and I have no doubt this will be a tough game. Not only are they well coached and a good looking group of kids but they have been in a winning environment for a while. I expect this game to be very physical and that the team who makes the least mistakes should win. 

15 hours ago, Zebra65 said:

Y'all have a very talented team and your younger players have stepped in when y'all have lost players to injuries and played very well. In the games I've watched I haven't seen any weaknesses. You have a very balanced offense and are better against the run than some of the recent teams we have played. I'm excited to see how we stack up against the Zebras. We are getting better every week and still haven't reached the potential this Bear team can achieve. 

West and Glen Rose are exceptional teams. We know about that. That's why we play state ranked teams in 4A like Kilgore (#6 in 4A D1) and Gilmer (#2 in 4A D2). Those games make a team better and you learn a lot about your team after lossess like we had early in the season. 

This should be a great game. Prayers for all players staying injury free, good sportsmanship and safe travels for all going to Royse City. It's an outstanding venue although I wish we had picked a stadium on I20 instead of I30.

Well. it sounds like you boys have got this kid DJ Allen to turn loose on us at Wildcat QB. He seems to be another Jonathan Brooks out of Hallettsville who can take over games. I wish I could be positive about this game but you guys are capable of winning it all and that's that. I hope it is a competitive game and goes to OT. BTW, I have a friend who played receiver for Lamar back in the day and tells me about Gladewater Blumblebees vs Cheatem High Tigers and how they used to go to the games. I can't find anything on this do you know anything about it ?

I’ve been waiting on this game all year. Completely bias, but I’m more than excited to see what English can do against national talent. GW is the first team I’ve seen all year respect him in any forums, which I ind laughable, but man as a kid trying to prove himself, you can’t think of a better stage than this one. GV has certainly had its struggles, West game was very winnable, but Glen Rose? Not so much. Dominated in the trenches and having an FBS recruit touch the ball 4 times in the second half against a good team will get beat. Believe it or not, English has been on a short leash this season too, even with exceptional stats. Weak district competition doesn’t help with that at all. So people can get mad at me all they want to, but I will be preaching this will be the best match up this week. Ebner has always stopped the run exceptionally well, but in the 6 years he’s been over the defense, we have struggled to stop the QB run, so with that being said, I say the 2 best players in 3A football both have a DAY on Friday night. Itching for Friday to get here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OGzebra said:

I’ve been waiting on this game all year. Completely bias, but I’m more than excited to see what English can do against national talent. GW is the first team I’ve seen all year respect him in any forums, which I ind laughable, but man as a kid trying to prove himself, you can’t think of a better stage than this one. GV has certainly had its struggles, West game was very winnable, but Glen Rose? Not so much. Dominated in the trenches and having an FBS recruit touch the ball 4 times in the second half against a good team will get beat. Believe it or not, English has been on a short leash this season too, even with exceptional stats. Weak district competition doesn’t help with that at all. So people can get mad at me all they want to, but I will be preaching this will be the best match up this week. Ebner has always stopped the run exceptionally well, but in the 6 years he’s been over the defense, we have struggled to stop the QB run, so with that being said, I say the 2 best players in 3A football both have a DAY on Friday night. Itching for Friday to get here.

Does English have offers already? That kid has D1 written all over him. Grandview has a great team in general but he’s really impressive on the film. 

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

Does English have offers already? That kid has D1 written all over him. Grandview has a great team in general but he’s really impressive on the film. 

None as of right now, Texh seemed pretty interested before the coaching change, and just recently is getting a look from Mississippi State, but other than that nothing, which is mind blowing to me lol.