Gladewater vs. Grandview Friday 11/ 19 7pm Royse City ISD Stadium

PeepawTatum

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:59 AM

Game Stats 

First Downs- Bears 22  Grandview 10

Rushing- Bears 52/290/5 TDs/Fumble  Grandview 16/90/TD

Passing- Bears 6/10/162/2 TDs  Grandview 10/19/136/2 TDs/2 Int

Punts- Bears 1/32  Grandview 4/34.2

Penalties- Bears 4/35  Grandview 4/25

Kickoff Returns- Bears 1/17  Grandview 7/89

Punt Return- Bears 1/4

Individual Stat Leaders 

Bears 

Rushing- DJ Allen 12/106/2 TDs

Za Campbell 16/74/2 TDs

G'Braylon Polly 14/64

Kollin Lewis 6/35/TD

Passing- Kollin Lewis 2/2/98

Kyron Wilson 2/2/98/2TDs

DJ Allen 2/6/12

Receiving- DJ Allen 3/128/TD

Kollin Lewis 3/34/TD

Punt Return- DJ Allen 1/4

Kickoff Return- Zach Polanco 1/17

Interception Returns- The announcer said both picks were by Tyrone Maddox.  I thought both were by Wilson but I couldn't see the numbers very good from where I was. 

Grandview 

Rushing- Casey Cannon 9/87

Passing- Ryder Hayes 10/19/136/2 TDs/2 Int

Receiving- Kason English 3/76/TD

Nathaniel Vargas 3/24/TD

Kickoff Returns- Hudson Ross 3/45

I didn't see who recovered the fumble for the Zebras. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Punched them in the mouth? MV won by 27 🤣🤣🤡

Whitney drove up and down the field on MV in the first half. Had to settle for a FG once, fumbled on a 3rd down conversion, then ran out of time moving ball at end of half. MV wasn’t stopping Whitney, they were stopping themselves. They also gave MV an extra set of downs in the first half by jumping offsides when MV was going to punt. MV goes for it after penalty yardage was marked off and scored. Maybe it was just one of those games, but they did not look like all the hype surrounding them. They look like a product of their schedule. A good team who hasn’t played anyone with a pulse all year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Game Stats 

First Downs- Bears 22  Grandview 10

Rushing- Bears 52/290/5 TDs/Fumble  Grandview 16/90/TD

Passing- Bears 6/10/162/2 TDs  Grandview 10/19/136/2 TDs/2 Int

Punts- Bears 1/32  Grandview 4/34.2

Penalties- Bears 4/35  Grandview 4/25

Kickoff Returns- Bears 1/17  Grandview 7/89

Punt Return- Bears 1/4

Individual Stat Leaders 

Bears 

Rushing- DJ Allen 12/106/2 TDs

Za Campbell 16/74/2 TDs

G'Braylon Polly 14/64

Kollin Lewis 6/35/TD

Passing- Kollin Lewis 2/2/98

Kyron Wilson 2/2/98/2TDs

DJ Allen 2/6/12

Receiving- DJ Allen 3/128/TD

Kollin Lewis 3/34/TD

Punt Return- DJ Allen 1/4

Kickoff Return- Zach Polanco 1/17

Interception Returns- The announcer said both picks were by Tyrone Maddox.  I thought both were by Wilson but I couldn't see the numbers very good from where I was. 

Grandview 

Rushing- Casey Cannon 9/87

Passing- Ryder Hayes 10/19/136/2 TDs/2 Int

Receiving- Kason English 3/76/TD

Nathaniel Vargas 3/24/TD

Kickoff Returns- Hudson Ross 3/45

I didn't see who recovered the fumble for the Zebras. 

Awesome game by Gladewater last night. I was very impressed with your offense. Out of respect for Grandview, your number 80 is a great player and even though you had some problems getting your offense going, please remember you were also playing a very good football team in Gladewater.  That is a tough draw in the second round. Gladewater, you were nearly flawless last night. Your offense was clicking, your defense was making incredible plays and don't know if you noticed, but your time of possession in that final quarter was a great piece of coaching. The Bears had the ball nearly 10 minutes of the fourth quarter!  We got your great tailback's name correct in the second half....Zay instead of Zah!  LOL!  Seriously though, the fans and the folks from both Grandview and Gladewater were incredible.  Very nice people and true Texas High School Football fans. We hope you all had a great time and thank you so much for choosing our stadium for your playoff experience.  Sorry if the streaming didn't work as well as expected, did not know there was a problem.  Usually works very well....confused by what happened. Will be reporting the problem to NFHS and their streaming experts for sure. Best of luck to both Grandview and Gladewater.  Great season Grandview and your run-through is one of the very best we have seen.  To Gladewater, go get 'em Bears!  We will be cheering you on and we hope you win the State Championship this year!  God's blessings to all....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, micotrav said:

Awesome game by Gladewater last night. I was very impressed with your offense. Out of respect for Grandview, your number 80 is a great player and even though you had some problems getting your offense going, please remember you were also playing a very good football team in Gladewater.  That is a tough draw in the second round. Gladewater, you were nearly flawless last night. Your offense was clicking, your defense was making incredible plays and don't know if you noticed, but your time of possession in that final quarter was a great piece of coaching. The Bears had the ball nearly 10 minutes of the fourth quarter!  We got your great tailback's name correct in the second half....Zay instead of Zah!  LOL!  Seriously though, the fans and the folks from both Grandview and Gladewater were incredible.  Very nice people and true Texas High School Football fans. We hope you all had a great time and thank you so much for choosing our stadium for your playoff experience.  Sorry if the streaming didn't work as well as expected, did not know there was a problem.  Usually works very well....confused by what happened. Will be reporting the problem to NFHS and their streaming experts for sure. Best of luck to both Grandview and Gladewater.  Great season Grandview and your run-through is one of the very best we have seen.  To Gladewater, go get 'em Bears!  We will be cheering you on and we hope you win the State Championship this year!  God's blessings to all....

Thanks for having us. We always enjoy our trip to Royse City. First class facility and people. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, micotrav said:

Great stadium but a suggestion for next round, maybe hire some more concession workers so that there is more than one line open and it doesn't take 35 minutes to get a drink. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bearnation said:

Great stadium but a suggestion for next round, maybe hire some more concession workers so that there is more than one line open and it doesn't take 35 minutes to get a drink. 

Absolutely.  Was not aware that we were short staffed in the concession areas. 35 Minutes!  Wow, that is way too long.  

12 hours ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

Punched them in the mouth? MV won by 27 🤣🤣🤡

Lmfao the score doesn't reflect what kind of game it was 🤡🤡🤡. Don't worry you can start inflating those basketballs next week. GW rolls. 

As arrogant MV is you'd think they won three state titles in a row. 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:07 PM, PepperBrooks said:

Lmfao the score doesn't reflect what kind of game it was 🤡🤡🤡. Don't worry you can start inflating those basketballs next week. GW rolls. 

I have no connection to MV whatsoever. Just stating the obvious here. Hope Gladewater has a good turnout for basketball Monday. 

On 11/20/2021 at 8:36 AM, BearFan13 said:

Whitney drove up and down the field on MV in the first half. Had to settle for a FG once, fumbled on a 3rd down conversion, then ran out of time moving ball at end of half. MV wasn’t stopping Whitney, they were stopping themselves. They also gave MV an extra set of downs in the first half by jumping offsides when MV was going to punt. MV goes for it after penalty yardage was marked off and scored. Maybe it was just one of those games, but they did not look like all the hype surrounding them. They look like a product of their schedule. A good team who hasn’t played anyone with a pulse all year. 

How's the hype this morning? I think MV is still looking for a team with a pulse. Maybe next week huh?:airquote:

On 11/20/2021 at 6:07 PM, PepperBrooks said:

Good morning Pepper! How was the reflection last night? You may have read it wrong. You still have WEST to root for.

20 minutes ago, PeepawTatum said:

How's the hype this morning? I think MV is still looking for a team with a pulse. Maybe next week huh?:airquote:

You’ve been wrong on games all year. I came out and said MV put it to GW. Too many mistakes in the first half, we were lucky to be down 10. The fumble at the beginning of the second half put the nail in the coffin. Hopefully for Tatum they won’t get thrown in the same district as us because that’s about the only shot they’ll have at getting a district championship. 

7 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

You’ve been wrong on games all year. I came out and said MV put it to GW. Too many mistakes in the first half, we were lucky to be down 10. The fumble at the beginning of the second half put the nail in the coffin. Hopefully for Tatum they won’t get thrown in the same district as us because that’s about the only shot they’ll have at getting a district championship. 

Yes. wrong almost 100%. Out of respect of our district champs, I wanted y'all to have a chance. That's why I didn't pick gladwater or MTV.

"They look like a product of their schedule. A good team who hasn’t played anyone with a pulse all year. " You do realize their district was better then ours?