Gladewater vs. Grandview Friday 11/ 19 7pm Royse City ISD Stadium

PeepawTatum

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2021 at 12:59 AM

3 minutes ago, OGzebra said:

None as of right now, Texh seemed pretty interested before the coaching change, and just recently is getting a look from Mississippi State, but other than that nothing, which is mind blowing to me lol.

That's a shame. The kid definitely deserves multiple offers. You never know who will show up at these playoff games to check players out. 

So glad y'all are playing at Royse City ISD Stadium!  From everyone that I talk to, this is at least the playoff game of the week in North and East Texas. Now, I'm not an expert on either team, so somebody help me out and tell me who to watch on both teams?  We will be getting everything polished and shined up for our special guests this Friday!  Drive safe coming and going!  Dress warm supposed to turn cold here in Royse City, Texas this Friday, but no rain!

1 hour ago, OGzebra said:

None as of right now, Texh seemed pretty interested before the coaching change, and just recently is getting a look from Mississippi State, but other than that nothing, which is mind blowing to me lol.

Well he will have his shot to play in front of some Friday night I am sure. 

8 minutes ago, micotrav said:

So glad y'all are playing at Royse City ISD Stadium!  From everyone that I talk to, this is at least the playoff game of the week in North and East Texas. Now, I'm not an expert on either team, so somebody help me out and tell me who to watch on both teams?  We will be getting everything polished and shined up for our special guests this Friday!  Drive safe coming and going!  Dress warm supposed to turn cold here in Royse City, Texas this Friday, but no rain!

Gladewater has a bunch of talent. Obviously DJ Allen who’s a 4 star WR playing QB for us this year. Has several D1 offers and just recently decomitted from TCU and opened his recruitment back up. Kolin Lewis #11 also has some D1 offers. We’ve got a big bowling ball FB who has some wheels on him. Surprisingly the defense has carried this team this year though, they play as a collective unit and have really stepped up. English for Grandview is another top talent on the field. Him and Allen should go head to head for the majority of Friday night. Definitely is going to be a great game. I’m a homer so I’ll take GW by 1 lol. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OGzebra said:

That kid will get offers. He is a standout. I don’t see any other dynamic players on GV but what I do is a well coached team that plays great together. Both teams have completely different styles and it should be interesting to see how each team plays defensively against the other. I’m sure GV will stack the box and try to force us into the passing game. I’m not sure if GW will try to bring a lot of pressure or fall back in coverage to slow down the passing game. It will be all hands on deck this week so I’m certain DJ will follow English around and I’m sure Kollin Lewis will also be on defense. Make no mistake this will be a good game. 

10 hours ago, OGzebra said:

I’ve been waiting on this game all year. Completely bias, but I’m more than excited to see what English can do against national talent. GW is the first team I’ve seen all year respect him in any forums, which I ind laughable, but man as a kid trying to prove himself, you can’t think of a better stage than this one. GV has certainly had its struggles, West game was very winnable, but Glen Rose? Not so much. Dominated in the trenches and having an FBS recruit touch the ball 4 times in the second half against a good team will get beat. Believe it or not, English has been on a short leash this season too, even with exceptional stats. Weak district competition doesn’t help with that at all. So people can get mad at me all they want to, but I will be preaching this will be the best match up this week. Ebner has always stopped the run exceptionally well, but in the 6 years he’s been over the defense, we have struggled to stop the QB run, so with that being said, I say the 2 best players in 3A football both have a DAY on Friday night. Itching for Friday to get here.

Y’all leave English on that leash 😂 That kid is phenomenal. I noticed him in the state game a few years back and have know he would be a beast by his senior year. I see you guys use him in the wild cat some too. He was pretty effective against West. Our team speed on defense is very good so hopefully we can contain him. We haven’t seen a team that passes the ball as much as GV since Gilmer and Tatum so our secondary will need to play lights out.  I’m hoping for a few turnovers.  Is it Friday yet ?

On 11/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, BearFan13 said:

@micotravwhat are some good food options before getting to the game? Looking forward to getting out to Royce City. 

We have excellent Mexican on Main Street of Royse City.  Arbeledos is my favorite, but there is also Alejandro's which I have not personally had yet, but I heard it was awesome. Smoke Sessions on Main Street as well, which is also State Highway 66 that runs through the "downtown" area.  Smoke Sessions is BBQ and has been getting rave reviews by BBQ "experts" all around this area as well as Texas, a little pricey, but it is very good. Italian, yes we have Luigi's which is also no the main street in town. Always good and I recommend their pizza.   We also have every common Pizza place that is around, but sit down good Pizza (out by our Walmart) is Palios.  Neat little Pizza place with delicious food.  Charlies, out by IH30 is home style food and Soulman's BBQ is also out on IH30 and only about a mile or so from the stadium.  Of course, we have the famous Bucees which is just across the street from the stadium!    Then we have your general fast food places like Whataburger, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Golden Chick, Jack in the Box, McDonalds's, Arby's and Sonic.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bearnation said:

Is it Friday yet????

WELCOME GRANDVIEW AND GLADEWATER!  

Just one day away and the Stadium is looking great, the restaurants are smelling awesome, Buccees is thriving, we have the "Chain Crews" stretching out with the officiating crew.  Our stadium greeters are excited to see our new friends.  Our game announcer is tuning up and he plans on making this a game to remember, the clock keeper is alert and pumped up as well, our music coordinator has picked out great pump up songs (any requests...must be clean and no expletives, LOL!), our 40 second man is looking forward to this one, our spotters are cleaning off their binoculars, our statistician is sharpening his pencil, our TV crew is double checking our video equipment and the big screen scoreboard is sharp and ready for some live action as well as replay, our security team is keeping a keen eye out for anyone that might want to be a little too rowdy (LOL!) but at the same time make everyone's day a memorable one, our Stadium Manager is as busy as he has ever been just getting everything organized, orderly and very presentable, our concessions are getting fully stocked, our restrooms...many of them, are getting sanitized, shined and ready for everyone, our locker rooms are being spiffed up for these young men to have everything they need, parking lots are being readied and another very important thing, the Area Championship Gold Football is being polished and ready to be presented to the winning team. 

Hope everyone has a great game and an enjoyable experience! 

• Thanks 1