Pittsburg vs Quinland Ford

BeenHereB4

15 minutes ago, darktower said:

guy that was there said that Fords last 4th down play was a first down by about 2 inches--play 12 games and it comes down to 2 inches---heartbreaker for Pitt and great win for Ford

Yep, absolutely correct...one of the best broadcast (picture quality) I have seen for high school level and it was about half the length of the football...extremely close!!!  

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Having an athletic official setting the ball in a hurry “might” have gave Pitt time to spike it.   But needless to say, that play call was risky. 

It made me sick to my stomach to watch it happen. You knew there was no way, I have no idea what the coach was thinking

2 hours ago, darktower said:

guy that was there said that Fords last 4th down play was a first down by about 2 inches--play 12 games and it comes down to 2 inches---heartbreaker for Pitt and great win for Ford

Yes. But it wasn't last 4th down. Quinlan's last 4th down they scored on a toss sweep to the right from the Pitt 29 on 4th and 1 with under 2 minutes left. On Quinlan's previous drive they tried to run a dive on 4th and 1 just inside Pitt territory and #32 Roden got tackled in the backfield.

I'm guessing the strategy on the last play was that everyone was thinking Bolton would keep it wide so give it to Bates on the misdirection and score or get the first down and spike it. Bates scored from 50yrds out the last time he got the ball on the same or similar play.  

QF played really good defense most of the night.

Guest Tiger03lb

Great season Pitt. Had a hell of a schedule and turned it around to a positive and making it 2 rounds deep. I know these games like this will hurt but Pitt will be going forward.