Carthage vs Hamshire-Fannett @ New Caney

HearEmaGrowlin

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to Carthage vs Hamshire-Fannett @ New Caney
5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hamshire-Fannett has only lost three games this year.

I have no clue about what H-F has or what offense they run.

Anyone have any knowledge about H-F?

From the Southeast Texas Sports Forum:

H-F has an athletic QB who has started the past two seasons, and they have a “very physical defense”.

That big kid at QB Connor Cuff........he will be fine.  I actually like the way he throws the ball.  I think he will prove to be very good......just getting his feet underneath him so far.  Lots of football left for Carthage IMO........the cream tends to rise as the season progresses.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

That big kid at QB Connor Cuff........he will be fine.  I actually like the way he throws the ball.  I think he will prove to be very good......just getting his feet underneath him so far.  Lots of football left for Carthage IMO........the cream tends to rise as the season progresses.  

This is the biggest problem I see with his throwing motion this year.  He doesn’t always get his feet set and shoulders square which causes the ball to sail high, fall short, or be behind his receiver on timing routes across the middle.  If he can get that figured he has the chance to be really good.  In his defense, there have also been a LOT of dropped passes this year where the receiver got two hands on the ball but didn’t make the catch.

Yeah......you can see the ball "sailing" too much too often, but that's just a matter of arm motion, timing of the release point, and feet.  A big kid like him usually takes a little longer to get that kind of stuff all coming together.......you can tell he had a growth spurt.  Once he gets his feet underneath him a little better, then the rest of that stuff should correct itself.

14 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Yeah......you can see the ball "sailing" too much too often, but that's just a matter of arm motion, timing of the release point, and feet.  A big kid like him usually takes a little longer to get that kind of stuff all coming together.......you can tell he had a growth spurt.  Once he gets his feet underneath him a little better, then the rest of that stuff should correct itself.

Again, we forget he is 9-0 in varsity action.  😁

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

Again, we forget he is 9-0 in varsity action.  😁

I think you mean the team his plays with is 9-0.  Cuff still has quite a bit of room for improvement to do to get to his full potential.  But with that team around him, he should be able to come into his own much more quickly than if he played for a lesser team, for sure.

It's his first season as the starter.......he's a green junior........and he's going thru that learning curve while battling his size at the Qb position.  He's got alot  on his plate so far......but he's slowly digesting things and I think he will be very good as he gets more time to work on his skills and bring everything together.  The potential is definitely there.......everybody is kinda waiting around to let him blossom.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hamshire-Fannett has only lost three games this year.

I have no clue about what H-F has or what offense they run.

Anyone have any knowledge about H-F?

Spread offense for the most part but it goes as their Qb goes. He is a big kid at about 6'3" around 220-230 lbs.  Not to be fooled by his size the young man can tote the rock(he is their leading rusher with about 1200 yards).  A couple of rbs that can scoot around as well.  Heckaman(QB) has passed for probably 1300 yards this season.  Overall they are a scrappy bunch of young men who play hard.

10 hours ago, Lions70 said:

Never heard of them so that being said ,  Carthage wins easily .

couple tid bits about Hamshire Fannett it's pronounced Fuh-nett & they are about 20 miles south of Beaumont, just a few minutes away from Winnie.  If you have ever went to Galveston you should know where Winnie is.

15 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Spread offense for the most part but it goes as their Qb goes. He is a big kid at about 6'3" around 220-230 lbs.  Not to be fooled by his size the young man can tote the rock(he is their leading rusher with about 1200 yards).  A couple of rbs that can scoot around as well.  Heckaman(QB) has passed for probably 1300 yards this season.  Overall they are a scrappy bunch of young men who play hard.

Will be interesting to see if he has much success against the Dawgs. He'd have to have an otherworldly, maybe divine, performance to pull off what would easily be one of the biggest upsets of all time in TXHSFB, but maybe he can break a few big plays, who knows. He'll likely go as his offensive line goes. Don't know how well the H-F OL will hold up to the quickness of Carthage's front.

Well, went and watched a bit of H-F film and I gotta say, here's another game that won't be close. The Longhorns defense won't have much of a chance at stopping Carthage. Hatten could have a stupid good game if Cuff can get him the ball. H-F won't have an answer for him.

Heckaman is a big ol' boy, and he runs pretty tough. But he doesn't have enough speed to enable him to have the type of performance he'd need to have. Didn't see enough weapons around him to make the Dawgs defense sweat that much.

One more snoozefest for Carthage this week and then perhaps an entertaining football game following Thanksgiving.

• Like 1