Area Round: Van Vandals (11-0) vs. Sunnyvale (6-5) @ Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium in Rockwall

Innocent

Guest Tiger03lb

SV will have trouble with Rainey running the ball and mid range passing. They did with us on both. If Van's defense plays like they do, it won't be close

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

SV will have trouble with Rainey running the ball and mid range passing.

You could change "SV" to "Gilmer" and this sentence will be applicable in a week.

I do think Gilmer wins that matchup next week - all things holding equal - but Rainey's going to give the Buckeyes some fits, and if there are any holes in the Black Flag unit, I think it's those mid-range attacks. Hard to throw deep on their DBs for a few different reasons. Although, I will say, Kozhev will be a mismatch against everyone with the exception of Fluellen.

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

You could change "SV" to "Gilmer" and this sentence will be applicable in a week.

I do think Gilmer wins that matchup next week - all things holding equal - but Rainey's going to give the Buckeyes some fits, and if there are any holes in the Black Flag unit, I think it's those mid-range attacks. Hard to throw deep on their DBs for a few different reasons. Although, I will say, Kozhev will be a mismatch against everyone with the exception of Fluellen.

I seen Gilmer when GW played them, they left the center of the field open too. I'll agree that Van will give Gilmer fits.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, Tiger03lb said:

I seen Gilmer when GW played them, they left the center of the field open too. I'll agree that Van will give Gilmer fits.

You do realize that teams don't play the same defense against each team right? lol 

The game plan for Van would not be the same as Gladewater LOLOL

Gilmer will beat Van by 28+

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, WiseGuy said:

You do realize that teams don't play the same defense against each team right? lol 

The game plan for Van would not be the same as Gladewater LOLOL

Gilmer will beat Van by 28+

Never said it would be the same, so your point is not valid. But if someone was planning for a game, they'll notice that. Considering GW has two d1 receivers on each side in that game. Imo, Van has more depth at receivers than GW. 

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Never said it would be the same, so your point is not valid. But if someone was planning for a game, they'll notice that. Considering GW has two d1 receivers on each side in that game. Imo, Van has more depth at receivers than GW. 

Well I don't think that Gilmer will leave the middle of the field open against Van lol. look at the offense that Gladewater runs.

Van will not give Gilmer fits....if they do at all it won't be for more than a half

On 11/15/2021 at 5:05 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Van is playing good football right now. Van could possibly give Gilmer fits for a variety of reasons, but Gilmer will make the necessary adjustments. Gilmer’s defense is never really dominant, so Van would have some success doing some stuff. Their problem, as well as others not named Carthage, will be stopping the Buckeye offense. Gilmer will likely win against Van, but the Vandals could make it a very interesting game for sure! Hope this game happens and is played close by.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

Well I don't think that Gilmer will leave the middle of the field open against Van lol. look at the offense that Gladewater runs.

Van will not give Gilmer fits....if they do at all it won't be for more than a half

They actually run more than you think.

Guess we'll see after this week if they both win.

2 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Van is playing good football right now. Van could possibly give Gilmer fits for a variety of reasons, but Gilmer will make the necessary adjustments. Gilmer’s defense is never really dominant, so Van would have some success doing some stuff. Their problem, as well as others not named Carthage, will be stopping the Buckeye offense. Gilmer will likely win against Van, but the Vandals could make it a very interesting game for sure! Hope this game happens and is played close by.

I honestly think this game could end or have the makings of a shoot out. Yes this would be an interesting game.