Franklin (11-0) vs Stockdale (6-5) area round 3ad2

lionpride08

Game is Friday in cedar park 7:30

Franklin 11-0 won against Danbury 63-7 in the first round and is out of district 13

Stockdale won against Hebbronville 23-6 in the first round and is out of district 15

Franklin avg 58 points a game and gives up an avg of 10.4 points per game.

Stockdale avg 23.8 points a game and gives up an avg of 21 points per game.

I believe this will be the first meeting between the two schools

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin 11-0 won against Danbury 63-7 in the first round and is out of district 13

Stockdale won against Hebbronville 23-6 in the first round and is out of district 15

still 2 more weeks till yall are tested 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Massive slaughter.

Franklin averages 58.0 ppg vs defenses that give up 27.3 per game on average (positive swing of 30.7 per game).  They hold teams that score 30.6 ppg to 10.4 per game (positive swing of 20.2 per game).  Total swing for Franklin = +51.0 per game. 

Stockdale averages 23.8 per game vs teams that give up 20.5 per game (+3.3) and they hold teams that score 28.4 per game to 21.0 (+7.4) for a total swing of +10.7.

This one shapes up to be much like any other recent Franklin game.  Some arbitrarily high number of points to whatever the backups allow.  The predicted score is 51-9 based on the numbers - so basically 6 scores.  Like many of the top teams in the state, Franklin could easily be scoring more than they do, and they could hold teams to fewer points, but they let up as the game gets out of hand and subs get into the games.  This final prediction does not take that sort of thing into account, so when it's this lopsided, in my experience, it pretty much means Franklin by as many as they want. 

Stockdale has played 4 teams that average more than 40 points a game, and they have held those teams to under 21 points a game (basically their overall average), so they might have a better defense than what Franklin has seen since pre-district, but I don't see it phasing this high-output offense at all.

51-9, Franklin.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Allheartnoquit said:

still 2 more weeks till yall are tested 

Exactly what I was fixing to say. Lions are scrimmaging against practice squads until the state semis.

May as well just call it - So which match-up does everyone prefer? Newton, who Franklin has history with? Waskom, who Franklin also has a little history with now after last year's 5⭐ "Game of the Year" candidate? Or also-pedigreed Daingerfield, who could make a fresh deep-round opponent for the Lions?

58 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Exactly what I was fixing to say. Lions are scrimmaging against practice squads until the state semis.

May as well just call it - So which match-up does everyone prefer? Newton, who Franklin has history with? Waskom, who Franklin also has a little history with now after last year's 5⭐ "Game of the Year" candidate? Or also-pedigreed Daingerfield, who could make a fresh deep-round opponent for the Lions?

West Rusk

• Like 1