Anybody got any real data on how uil will set classifications?

upullinmychain

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Just hearing things and was wondering if the upper classifications are so jumbled after covid,that numbers would go down,and not upwards as has been the recent trend.

My guess has the 6A/5A cutoff staying the same...the 5A/4A and 4A/3A cutoffs going up....not sure on 3A/2A just yet....but we are all just guessing based on the info we have, best guesses on opt ups and past history

• Like 1

I'm all for schools opting up to play in higher competition (in non district), but when it comes to you having 6 man numbers (unable to field JV teams) and you wanting to play up in 2A. I also recently saw where a 2A school in SA area that turned in an enrollment of 274 opting up to play 4A Division 2. Of course this is only my opinion, but I feel you're not playing on same field level as most bigger schools. Yes, there are some small schools that have the talent and the athletes to compete with a school one size bigger, but by opting up to play two classifications higher those bigger schools will have to find possibly a Freshman & JV game for those on your district schedule. Again just my opinion. Hope everyone has a bless day!  

14 hours ago, MattStepp said:

My guess has the 6A/5A cutoff staying the same...the 5A/4A and 4A/3A cutoffs going up....not sure on 3A/2A just yet....but we are all just guessing based on the info we have, best guesses on opt ups and past history

Padilla came out with his projection last week with 5AD2 at 1314-1931. He has a pretty good track record and with the massive growth in schools in the metroplex and Houston area at the 5A level, it makes sense that should push the limits higher in 5A to be able to fit the playoff bracket which is the real determinant. We will see. 

4 hours ago, nationalpastime said:

After the numbers come out as far as what cutoffs are go ahead and make your mock districts and then watch how the UIL will do something that nobody think they'll do.

This is an absolute guarantee!!!!!! You can throw common sense and travel distance out the window!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cowboys1970 said:

I'm all for schools opting up to play in higher competition (in non district), but when it comes to you having 6 man numbers (unable to field JV teams) and you wanting to play up in 2A. I also recently saw where a 2A school in SA area that turned in an enrollment of 274 opting up to play 4A Division 2. Of course this is only my opinion, but I feel you're not playing on same field level as most bigger schools. Yes, there are some small schools that have the talent and the athletes to compete with a school one size bigger, but by opting up to play two classifications higher those bigger schools will have to find possibly a Freshman & JV game for those on your district schedule. Again just my opinion. Hope everyone has a bless day!  

If their enrollment was 274 they were 3A.