Beto O’Rourke’s Seven Greatest Hits: ‘Walls Do Not Save Lives, Walls End Lives’

RETIREDFAN1

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep, that actually kinda reinforced my support of him. Was that your intention? 

How are you going to tie him to CRT next? 

See, here's the problem: If walls are bad and walls don't work, why does he live in a gated community with walls?

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

See, here's the problem: If walls are bad and walls don't work, why does he live in a gated community with walls?

He lives in a gated community? I haven't seen Sunset Heights described as that, and the pictures of it don't seem to indicate that.

But, bigger picture, you do know that people die trying to get into this country, when they are desperate and try to cross the desert or climb walls or come here with a coyote in packed trucks? Are 'walls' the only answer to immigration in this country? Under Trump, sure. Is that the only approach? 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

Are 'walls' the only answer to immigration in this country? Under Trump, sure. Is that the only approach? 

No, but neither is letting in everyone unvetted.

The broader "walls don't work" point is how many politicians say that and live in gated communities -- with walls and with guards?

22 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I can't find information on that either way. Doesn't negate my question, though, does it? How many politicians are against walls but live in gated communities?

Actually, you were implying literally, so yeah, it does somewhat negate your question. The bigger picture is how many say 'walls' as a default answer, yet don't work on any other solutions, when clearly there is more than that needed. 

13 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Actually, you were implying literally, so yeah, it does somewhat negate your question. The bigger picture is how many say 'walls' as a default answer, yet don't work on any other solutions, when clearly there is more than that needed. 

Good deflection. Again: How many Democrat politicians who are against walls live in gated communities with walls? Why not answer?

18 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

He lives in a gated community? I haven't seen Sunset Heights described as that, and the pictures of it don't seem to indicate that.

But, bigger picture, you do know that people die trying to get into this country, when they are desperate and try to cross the desert or climb walls or come here with a coyote in packed trucks? Are 'walls' the only answer to immigration in this country? Under Trump, sure. Is that the only approach? 

Your logic does not make sense. If a burglar breaks into your house, he is breaking the law. If he dies in process from home owner, it is no ones fault but his or her 

1 hour ago, osup116 said:

You don’t think the system paying for them out of your taxes is stealing? Part of problem

I think that what they contribute to our economy and in the form of taxes they pay is more than a counterbalance. Immigrants contribute greatly. 

https://www.newamericaneconomy.org/press-release/new-data-highlights-the-economic-contributions-of-dreamers-in-major-texas-metros/

https://www.expressnews.com/business/business_columnists/michael_taylor/article/Immigration-makes-Texas-richer-13601443.php

• SMH 1

ILLEGAL ALIENS don't pay taxes, nimrod......

Actually, they don't always pay income taxes, but they absolutely pay sales tax and they make a major contribution to property taxes, and they make more affordable housing and goods. They contribute. 

They don't contribute at all.....they TAKE by being on welfare.....having kids in schools but paying no taxes....having to be treated at ER without the means to pay......they TAKE......

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

They don't contribute at all.....they TAKE by being on welfare.....having kids in schools but paying no taxes....having to be treated at ER without the means to pay......they TAKE......

Wrong again. If all were to be deported, the loss to this state in our economic GDP, including taking into account everything paid out to them, would be a loss of 171 BILLION dollars. We would be much worse off economically, and the ripple effect would be devastating on costs of products and their availability and affordability. You can Google Baker Institute and undocumented workers in Texas, if you like. I know you won't. 

• Roll Eyes 1

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Wrong again. If all were to be deported, the loss to this state in our economic GDP, including taking into account everything paid out to them, would be a loss of 171 BILLION dollars. We would be much worse off economically, and the ripple effect would be devastating on costs of products and their availability and affordability. You can Google Baker Institute and undocumented workers in Texas, if you like. I know you won't. 

More made up data......they should ALL be deported......

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

When they pay as much as me you can talk.