Gilmer vs Caddo Mills

gilmerstar

• gilmerstar changed the title to Gilmer vs Caddo Mills
2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Gilmer! And I don't think it will even be as close in the first half as it was last year.  

Nope. The Foxes don't have the cast they had a year ago. Buckeyes should have this one wrapped up by halftime. More Thanksgiving football for Gilmer.

The Buckeyes "should" win this one comfortably, but they can't afford to take any team lightly.  Lowly Mexia moved the ball on us way too easily, although they only scored twice.  I know some of our defensive starters had limited playing time against Mexia, and a lot of that yardage given up can be attributed to some of the subs.  To their credit, they didn't break but twice all game.  Caddo Mills has a better team on both sides of the ball than Mexia, so we need to stay focused.  I would absolutely LOVE to see us play a complete game on a weekly basis.  The competition gets better and better the further into the playoffs we get.

21 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

The Buckeyes "should" win this one comfortably, but they can't afford to take any team lightly.  Lowly Mexia moved the ball on us way too easily, although they only scored twice.  I know some of our defensive starters had limited playing time against Mexia, and a lot of that yardage given up can be attributed to some of the subs.  To their credit, they didn't break but twice all game.  Caddo Mills has a better team on both sides of the ball than Mexia, so we need to stay focused.  I would absolutely LOVE to see us play a complete game on a weekly basis.  The competition gets better and better the further into the playoffs we get.

Mexia had some success thru the air against the Buckeye secondary at times. Caddo Mills is more balanced and will probably throw it more than Mexia did, so Gilmer’s secondary will need to defend better, take better angles and certainly tackle better or this game could be closer that anticipated! I don’t think Caddo Mills will have much success running the ball.

1 hour ago, SportsFan1984 said:

If all goes as planned, will Gilmer play Pittsburg or PG in the 4th round? 

Let’s get thru round two before talking round four. Lots of football to be played before then and anything can happen. However; if Pitt and PG were to play again, I think Pitt has improved more since the last time those two played. I’d say Pittsburg. 

Gilmer 2-3rd grade youth buckeye tackle team is playing in the superbowl this Saturday at 10am against Tyler red raiders in Pittsburg.    This teams defense has only gave up an average of 7 ppg this season.   They have beat Kilgore (twice), Tyler bears, East Texas heat, Henderson,  Gregg County cowboys,  Mt pleasant,  Daingerfield and Pittsburg this season.  Come out and support the future bux.

9 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Let’s get thru round two before talking round four. Lots of football to be played before then and anything can happen. However; if Pitt and PG were to play again, I think Pitt has improved more since the last time those two played. I’d say Pittsburg. 

Pleasant Grove has its stud quarterback back. They can't handle Gilmer yet, but they'll beat Pittsburg. Glen Rose will have something to say about it.

Gilmer, but Caddo Mills has a respectable team. The Foxes, may not be as athletic as they were last year, but they do have some key players that can create big plays.  Turnovers, time of possession and a very good overall game by Caddo Mills could make it interesting.  However without some of those breaks, Gilmer should be playing at Thanksgiving. 

Gilmer 41 Caddo Mills 27

How to allow an overmatched opponent to stay in a football game, by the Gilmer high school football team. 

1. Give the opponent extra possessions by turning the ball over. Gilmer has two turnovers in the first half. 
2. Take points off the scoreboard with penalties. Gilmer had a touchdown called back because of a hold. 
3. Commit multiple unnecessary personal fouls to keep drives alive for the other team.  Gilmer had two turnovers they recovered called  back because of penalties. 

Gilmer may win this game, but they have done everything in their power to keep Caddo Mills in it.