Retail Sales Jump for Third Straight Month

BarryLaverty

13 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So it's not Covid these people are dying from? I feel so lied to. 

While I won't back the retired guy--I am hoping that the death certificates from the past couple of years will provide a more in-depth lesson about how some viruses attack the human body. Providing us with MORE reasons to exercise and eat better--while I could probably do the second one better. LOL. 

Back to what I am saying--I understand that COVID made people sick, attacked their immunity--but what other problems did the person have prior--diabetes, heart conditions, cancer.....I am hoping that a death certificate would list all situations--such as COVID, Pneumonia, Heart Congestion.....All of these should be listed on the death certificate. I have been doing some family research and I am finding out that some death certificates actually put several causes of death, so I hope they do that. 

21 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So it's not Covid these people are dying from? I feel so lied to. 

We don't KNOW what they are dying from because the data has been manipulated.....just like "climate change" data and "gun violence" data......your side lies so much we that nothing you say has any legitimacy.........however, since the survival rate for china virus is 99%, I highly doubt that the vast majority of them are dying or have died of that......

• Roll Eyes 1

22 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

We don't KNOW what they are dying from because the data has been manipulated.....just like "climate change" data and "gun violence" data......your side lies so much we that nothing you say has any legitimacy.........however, since the survival rate for china virus is 99%, I highly doubt that the vast majority of them are dying or have died of that......

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-970830023526

Survival rates for COVID-19 misrepresented in posts

CLAIM: If you are unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. If you get vaccinated, you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: Missing context. On average about 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive, but each individual’s chance of dying from the virus will vary depending on their age, whether they have an underlying health condition and whether they are vaccinated. While people who are vaccinated can still get infected, these “breakthrough” cases are rare and vaccines dramatically reduce severe illness and death.

THE FACTS: As of July 23, there were more than 34.3 million known cases of COVID-19 in the United States and 610,370 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That means the case fatality ratio -- or the portion of known cases that result in death in the country -- is 1.8%. In other words, on average, 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive. Because the true number of infections is much larger than just the documented cases, the actual survival rate of all COVID-19 infections is even higher than 98.2%.

A popular tweet this week, however, used the survival statistic without key context. “Unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. Get vaccinated and you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival,” reads the tweet.

The message is misleading. The average for the entire country cannot be used to calculate an individual’s chance of dying from the virus. The likelihood that a COVID-19 infection will result in death increases with age and if the patient has a pre-existing condition..

Dr. Thomas Giordano, professor of medicine and section chief of infectious diseases at Baylor College of Medicine, said the tweet ignores the fact that many people who survive COVID-19 have long-term symptoms, and that people who survive it can spread the disease to high risk patients who will not be as lucky.

“One in 500 people in the U.S. has died from COVID. To try to trivialize it and say it’s nothing, it doesn’t matter, I think it’s just a gross mischaracterization of what we are all living through,” Giordano told The Associated Press in a call.

Furthermore, vaccinated people are far less likely to become severely ill or die from COVID-19 compared to unvaccinated people.

Most vaccinated people with breakthrough infections experience mild illness, Dr. William Moss, a vaccine expert at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told the AP.

Giordano said compared to the average COVID-19 death rate in the U.S., “you look at what the vaccines can do, they decrease the risk of death and severe illness by more than 90 percent, 95 percent in the randomized studies.”

Data from May showed nearly all U.S. deaths from the virus were among people who haven’t received the vaccine, AP reporting found. About 99.5% of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has said.

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

CLAIM: If you are unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. If you get vaccinated, you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: Missing context. On average about 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive, but each individual’s chance of dying from the virus will vary depending on their age, whether they have an underlying health condition and whether they are vaccinated. While people who are vaccinated can still get infected, these “breakthrough” cases are rare and vaccines dramatically reduce severe illness and death.

THE FACTS: As of July 23, there were more than 34.3 million known cases of COVID-19 in the United States and 610,370 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That means the case fatality ratio -- or the portion of known cases that result in death in the country -- is 1.8%. In other words, on average, 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive. Because the true number of infections is much larger than just the documented cases, the actual survival rate of all COVID-19 infections is even higher than 98.2%.

A popular tweet this week, however, used the survival statistic without key context. “Unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. Get vaccinated and you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival,” reads the tweet.

The message is misleading. The average for the entire country cannot be used to calculate an individual’s chance of dying from the virus. The likelihood that a COVID-19 infection will result in death increases with age and if the patient has a pre-existing condition..

Dr. Thomas Giordano, professor of medicine and section chief of infectious diseases at Baylor College of Medicine, said the tweet ignores the fact that many people who survive COVID-19 have long-term symptoms, and that people who survive it can spread the disease to high risk patients who will not be as lucky.

“One in 500 people in the U.S. has died from COVID. To try to trivialize it and say it’s nothing, it doesn’t matter, I think it’s just a gross mischaracterization of what we are all living through,” Giordano told The Associated Press in a call.

Furthermore, vaccinated people are far less likely to become severely ill or die from COVID-19 compared to unvaccinated people.

Most vaccinated people with breakthrough infections experience mild illness, Dr. William Moss, a vaccine expert at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told the AP.

Giordano said compared to the average COVID-19 death rate in the U.S., “you look at what the vaccines can do, they decrease the risk of death and severe illness by more than 90 percent, 95 percent in the randomized studies.”

Data from May showed nearly all U.S. deaths from the virus were among people who haven’t received the vaccine, AP reporting found. About 99.5% of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has said.

There is no way to KNOW that this isn't just another LIE.......AP has been caught lying numerous times as well.......try again libnut.......

21 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

On average about 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive

Doesn't even count the millions upon millions of people who had it and didn't know it....or just never got tested.  So yes, the true survival rate is well over 99%.  Sheeple jab or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

So people I personally know died from covid, didn't die from Covid? Wonder how that will go over with them when I tell them. People outside of colmesneil are dying of it. 

Just now, ctown81 said:

So people I personally know died from covid, didn't die from Covid? Wonder how that will go over with them when I tell them. People outside of colmesneil are dying of it. 

According to you......I have seen no legitimate data on that......

Just now, ctown81 said:

Are you wearing a foil hat right now? 

Just calling it like it is......you libnuts have LIED about the data on "climate change" .....you have LIED about data regarding "gun violence".....you have LIED about data involving china virus.....ALL of this verified ON THIS VERY SITE over the years.......so no, I don't believe a word any of you libnuts or your propagandist media put out there.....

1 hour ago, Lions70 said:

Stop listening to cnn and msm 

Off topic but I have a question. When u were in hs, did they let you run the football on the first play of the game and you scored a touchdown? Also, did both sides home/away cheer for you when you scored? 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just calling it like it is......you libnuts have LIED about the data on "climate change" .....you have LIED about data regarding "gun violence".....you have LIED about data involving china virus.....ALL of this verified ON THIS VERY SITE over the years.......so no, I don't believe a word any of you libnuts or your propagandist media put out there.....

Colmes I dont know if you're full of it or if you've been letting Lion70 make your Kool aid. 

From the SLIMES article:

.... because of government stimulus programs that put cash directly in people’s bank accounts.

In other words, it's temporary and artificial ... KF ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ctown81 said:

No I'm pretty sure the pandemic caused this. This isn't about red or blue. 

No the vaccine mandates caused this.  There are many that are willing to work, but refuse to get the vaccine.  That's the problem with California, Oregon, and Washington ports.  While the President's mandate for a vaccine is in hiatus due to the courts those states still have theirs.  

8 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

While I won't back the retired guy--I am hoping that the death certificates from the past couple of years will provide a more in-depth lesson about how some viruses attack the human body. Providing us with MORE reasons to exercise and eat better--while I could probably do the second one better. LOL. 

Back to what I am saying--I understand that COVID made people sick, attacked their immunity--but what other problems did the person have prior--diabetes, heart conditions, cancer.....I am hoping that a death certificate would list all situations--such as COVID, Pneumonia, Heart Congestion.....All of these should be listed on the death certificate. I have been doing some family research and I am finding out that some death certificates actually put several causes of death, so I hope they do that. 

From what I read the biggest factors for those that died with the Wuhan were diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure.   Most COVID-19 hospitalizations due to four conditions | National Institutes of Health (NIH) .