Perryton vs Celina

TCU44

Perryton's schedule has been fairly strong ... if they were 3A Div. II. But they're not, and they haven't fared well against teams that have no business beating 4A squads. The Rangers have given up gobs of points against teams that would get blown out by Celina. Perryton's signature win was an upset over Greenwood last week. None of this lends itself to the odds being in the Rangers' favor on Friday. Celina's offense is balanced and potent and can attack in a ton of different ways and formations. The Orange Crush defense is one of the strongest Celina has had in a while, and held Mineral Wells to essentially nothing but one TD in scrap time, and that was with a FRESHMAN (Cooper Farrow) starting at MLB in replace of the Bobcats' best defender (Hunter Neely -- not season-ending injury).

Hard to predict these types of games, but I'd say Celina 55, Perryton 7 is a good place to start.

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Perryton's schedule has been fairly strong ... if they were 3A Div. II. But they're not, and they haven't fared well against teams that have no business beating 4A squads. The Rangers have given up gobs of points against teams that would get blown out by Celina. Perryton's signature win was an upset over Greenwood last week. None of this lends itself to the odds being in the Rangers' favor on Friday. Celina's offense is balanced and potent and can attack in a ton of different ways and formations. The Orange Crush defense is one of the strongest Celina has had in a while, and held Mineral Wells to essentially nothing but one TD in scrap time, and that was with a FRESHMAN (Cooper Farrow) starting at MLB in replace of the Bobcats' best defender (Hunter Neely -- not season-ending injury).

Hard to predict these types of games, but I'd say Celina 55, Perryton 7 is a good place to start.

Perryton too 1 dimensional. Celina big

• Like 1

Hey d0tc0m......how's the health of the Bobcats at this juncture in the season?  Any key players out for the season that will not return?  They should be good to go tonight against the Rangers,  even if the 2's & 3's played the whole game.  But the starters need to play at least a half every week to stay sharp......because eventually they will play a very good team.......like a Gilmer, for instance.  But until  then,  Celina's biggest concern will be staying sharp and healthy......the perfect storm to get to Jerryworld.  It's written in the wind for the Bobcats this season.......look out Region 2 Winner.......the Bobcats are the Real Deal.

9 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Hey d0tc0m......how's the health of the Bobcats at this juncture in the season?  Any key players out for the season that will not return?  They should be good to go tonight against the Rangers,  even if the 2's & 3's played the whole game.  But the starters need to play at least a half every week to stay sharp......because eventually they will play a very good team.......like a Gilmer, for instance.  But until  then,  Celina's biggest concern will be staying sharp and healthy......the perfect storm to get to Jerryworld.  It's written in the wind for the Bobcats this season.......look out Region 2 Winner.......the Bobcats are the Real Deal.

Bobcats are relatively healthy at this point of the season. Got a key lineman back last week. Were missing Neely at MLB, who is a DUDE. But it's nothing serious. If it had been a bigger game, he'd have played. The freshman who filled in will probably start the next three years. Kid is impressive. Got the receiving corps back and healthy, and most of the RBs. Still missing one of our RBs, but shouldn't hamper the offense too much.

But you're right, regal. Right now, Bobcats just need to make sure they stay healthy, and honestly stay focused and hungry, and don't let these big-margin wins get to their heads at all. This is one of the easier playoff roads in the whole 4A Div. II bracket, in my opinion, but I don't necessarily love that. Yes, there's the chance of Gilmer in the semifinals, or whoever was good enough to knock them out, but I would like for the Bobcats to get at least one good test before then. I think the winner of Aubrey and Sweetwater will put up a good fight in the Region I finals ... assuming all things hold equal and Celina also makes it there. I know we smoked Aubrey the first time, but I think they're a better team than they showed. Still think the Bobcats win either of those matchups, but should be closer than the first time.

If we get to the semifinals healthy, I like our chances.

• Like 1