Anybody Wanna Watch A Woke College Football Movie About “Fixing The System?”

Stoney

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

As much as I like sports, I find most if not all sports movies to be terrible.

I can watch Remember the Titans or The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. Varsity Blues hasn’t aged well. Especially the football scenes. I don’t remember playing against a bunch of 30 year old guys in high school. That kills me. Older than heck “teens” and bad uniforms. Like the cheap knock off dollar store jerseys. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I can watch Remember the Titans or The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. Varsity Blues hasn’t aged well. Especially the football scenes. I don’t remember playing against a bunch of 30 year old guys in high school. That kills me. Older than heck “teens” and bad uniforms. Like the cheap knock off dollar store jerseys. 

I might get crucified for this, but as much as I love Friday Night Lights, nothing bothers me more than when the helmets and cleats are not from the era they are depicting. It's so unrealistic. 

Boobie Miles wear Nike cleats that came out in the 2000's, but the movie is set in the 80's. Same with the helmets they wore. Some of the Dallas Carter players wore visors. It just threw me off.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

As much as I like sports, I find most if not all sports movies to be terrible.

Yeah... a kid in my class was trying to argue that "Remember the Titans" was the best sports movie ever.  I asked him what made it any better than "Safety" or "The Blind Side."  He said "The acting was terrible in those other movies."  So I cut to some scenes of Remember the Titans and he was like "Oh this is bad acting too."  My favorite sports movie is by far "Varsity Blues."  The acting isn't great, but its the most entertaining sports movie I have ever watched.

11 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Kinda relatable too as in Varsity blues. I never heard of Safety flick. Remember the Titans was good not great. 

Remember the Titans and The Blind Side were movies that used sports to tug at your heart strings a bit.  Get the men because Sports!  but also the women for all the feels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yeah... a kid in my class was trying to argue that "Remember the Titans" was the best sports movie ever.  I asked him what made it any better than "Safety" or "The Blind Side."  He said "The acting was terrible in those other movies."  So I cut to some scenes of Remember the Titans and he was like "Oh this is bad acting too."  My favorite sports movie is by far "Varsity Blues."  The acting isn't great, but its the most entertaining sports movie I have ever watched.

I’ve never looked at whip cream the same since that movie.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU fan here says watch “The Pistol.”  It will teach young kids what hard work and dedication can get you

Anybody under the age of 38 look up Pistol Pete Maravich on the YouTube. Dude was one of a kind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was brainwashed to watch that and "Everybody's All-American" about Billy Cannon.

I loved that movie too! And a surprisingly impressive athletic performance by a Hollywood actor. Dennis Quaid actually broke his collarbone taking a hit from a real (former) NFL safety. Could've just hid behind a stunt double. Respect. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:18 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Remember the Titans and The Blind Side were movies that used sports to tug at your heart strings a bit.  Get the men because Sports!  but also the women for all the feels.

The Blind Side missed the opportunity to tell a great story about Michael Oher. The writers were so determined to make the story about LeAnn Tuhoy that they failed to tell Over’s story. 

• Like 1