Jacksonville

playactionpass39

Tough job ahead of them who ever gets it as far as football is concerned. 

A drop to 4A may help…. But given the strength and depth of that 4A district, I don’t see how that improves their situation much. 

Jax is a great place when your winning.  I remember how great their fans were. Esp at home.

Gonne be hard to break that cycle.  But it most definitely can be done  

I wish them the best.  

• Like 2

Look for former highly successful Lon Morris OC/Cushing head coach Mike Thomas to come off his polled Hereford ranch in Lilbert and land this gig. Being fluent in Spanish, he will be able to get the Hispanics out in mass to start dominating east Texas like in years past. 

12 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

I'd hire someone with zero relationships with Jville. Not from there never coached before. Let him run his own show.

Will be very surprised if that happens ... most likely an inside hire ... if he wants it.  If not, Plan B is probably not far away and neither match your zero criteria ... Run the show?  The job, more or less, will come with its own offensive playbook.  Considering giving up 39 and 43 points a game during the last two years, it might be good to focus on a revised playbook on the other side of the ball as well.  Truly hopeful for better days ahead.

• Thumbs Down 1

Legend?  He did coach there as assistant under Long ... considering the community power structure he could be a real possibility if interested.

It is interesting to note that a lot of assistants, from junior high up, under Long went on to become rather successful head coaches elsewhere.

2 hours ago, DOB said:

Will be very surprised if that happens ... most likely an inside hire ... if he wants it.  If not, Plan B is probably not far away and neither match your zero criteria ... Run the show?  The job, more or less, will come with its own offensive playbook.  Considering giving up 39 and 43 points a game during the last two years, it might be good to focus on a revised playbook on the other side of the ball as well.  Truly hopeful for better days ahead.

So in other words they’re not concerned with winning football games

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Isn’t the OC at Rusk something of a J’ville legend? Any chance he applies? 

He was the athletic director at duncanville when duncanville was going to state a few years ago. The head coach of Rusk coached at Jacksonville before going to NB then to chapel hill and winning state. Excellent coaches, and men, but I think they have something special going on in Rusk. I just hope the next coach can start getting the community interested in football again. I don’t know if an inside hire would do that. I think all of the old hires besides Copeland had Danny Long ties. That was a great era. Time to make a new era. Best of luck to all the coaches staying and moving on to new places.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, formertribesman said:

He was the athletic director at duncanville when duncanville was going to state a few years ago. The head coach of Rusk coached at Jacksonville before going to NB then to chapel hill and winning state. Excellent coaches, and men, but I think they have something special going on in Rusk. I just hope the next coach can start getting the community interested in football again. I don’t know if an inside hire would do that. I think all of the old hires besides Copeland had Danny Long ties. That was a great era. Time to make a new era. Best of luck to all the coaches staying and moving on to new places.

He's also the former head coach at Marshall 

12 hours ago, DOB said:

Will be very surprised if that happens ... most likely an inside hire ... if he wants it.  If not, Plan B is probably not far away and neither match your zero criteria ... Run the show?  The job, more or less, will come with its own offensive playbook.  Considering giving up 39 and 43 points a game during the last two years, it might be good to focus on a revised playbook on the other side of the ball as well.  Truly hopeful for better days 

Who on the current staff would take over and change the current situation? You will always have good offensive weapons in JVille.  Need a defensive mindset and discipline. Being soft in practice equals soft in games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, dillonpanthers said:

He's also the former head coach at Marshall 

Clint Harper. 
He got a raw deal at Duncanville.  

Harper pulled Marshall out of their lowest point in program history after the 2011 and 2012 seasons.  Put us back on the winning track since.  

Wishing him the best if he lands at Jville. 

• Love 1

A new coach won’t fix Jacksonville.

They need a culture change.  No more daddy ball. No more boosters running the show.  They need someone willing to recruit Hispanic players into the game.  Lots of other nuances.

If they can’t get away from their old habits….any coach they hire will fail.  If they are willing to change….no reason they can’t become competitive again.  

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

They need a culture change.  No more daddy ball. No more boosters running the show.  They need someone willing to recruit Hispanic players into the game.  Lots of other nuances.

If they can’t get away from their old habits….any coach they hire will fail.  If they are willing to change….no reason they can’t become competitive again.  

With all due respect, @MavchampI have no idea what you are talking about…. daddy ball (?) boosters (?) what is daddy ball? And, there’s no booster network or anything like that at all….  I agree we must recruit more Hispanic players and we have some “culture” issues… like not winning….but there is NOBODY interfering or dictating anything like you said here. What are you referring to? 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

You must have jax confused with Nac 

• Like 1