Jacksonville

playactionpass39

1 hour ago, UnclePigg said:

I’m an outsider looking in, but I bet the Hispanics have completely taken over Jacksonville; just a hunch. It’s hard to win with that demographic as your majority (if it is indeed the majority)

JAX is 56% Hispanic at HS. We must figure out a way to get Hispanics out for football. It isnt an a problem in middle school…. But when they get to high school, many stop playing. Many of them work, too. Massive work ethic, family oriented, they’re expected to work and support the family. great kids, respectful. 

I know that Tyler High has a high percentage of Hispanics as well. It isn’t just us. Our most successful sports have been cross country and soccer for a few years now. Basketball has been OK. It just isn’t part of their culture to play football, it’s soccer. That’s just the way it is. You either get them interested in football and other sports besides soccer or you will struggle …. especially with our high population.

Why do you think there aren’t many schools from the El Paso area or deep south Texas at Arlington Stadium each year? Again, that’s just the way it is.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Matt said:

JAX is 56% Hispanic at HS. We must figure out a way to get Hispanics out for football. It isnt an a problem in middle school…. But when they get to high school, many stop playing. Many of them work, too. Massive work ethic, family oriented, they’re expected to work and support the family. great kids, respectful. 

I know that Tyler High has a high percentage of Hispanics as well. It isn’t just us. Our most successful sports have been cross country and soccer for a few years now. Basketball has been OK. It just isn’t part of their culture to play football, it’s soccer. That’s just the way it is. You either get them interested in football and other sports besides soccer or you will struggle …. especially with our high population.

Why do you think there aren’t many schools from the El Paso area or deep south Texas at Arlington Stadium each year? Again, that’s just the way it is.

Great, great post!

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Matt said:

What I posted in the Mt Pleasant thread is relevant here and pretty much sums up this post.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 1:28 PM, Matt said:

But, as you know matt, we have a lot of good/great athlete's at Jax every year, just have to get more kids involved, and we will be competitive again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarleyHarley said:

Anti Coleman AND Anti Canady ?? God bless the poor soul that takes this job next. 

21C54517-05AC-40D5-B29D-267D4531D164.jpeg

Defensive coordinator k canadys unit gave up 39 pts a game , that's why he has no business being Jax head coach

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, centex1 said:

I heard that a big F250 battleship drove through there this weekend. Rumor was he was looking for a trailer and a golf cart but we all know that is just a cover. Swaim and Strong coming to the reservation you heard it here first. 

Whoa!