Jacksonville

playactionpass39

39 minutes ago, Jets said:

Now that Jax will be dropping to 4a, hopefully it will attract more applicants 

I can see this being an outsiders initial reaction but if you look into the actual problems at hand and factors working against Jacksonville football, dropping down to 4a isn’t going to change any of that. Not even close. Not to mention there is just as much talent in 4a. 

& quite frankly, if someone wasn’t interested in the job when Jacksonville was 5a but they are now interested in it because they will be 4a, that’s not the candidate you want or Jacksonville needs. Jacksonville needs someone that’s interested in turning a program around, involving the community and fixing the demographic challenges and that should be the reason they are attracted the job. 

59 minutes ago, HarleyHarley said:

I can see this being an outsiders initial reaction but if you look into the actual problems at hand and factors working against Jacksonville football, dropping down to 4a isn’t going to change any of that. Not even close. Not to mention there is just as much talent in 4a. 

& quite frankly, if someone wasn’t interested in the job when Jacksonville was 5a but they are now interested in it because they will be 4a, that’s not the candidate you want or Jacksonville needs. Jacksonville needs someone that’s interested in turning a program around, involving the community and fixing the demographic challenges and that should be the reason they are attracted the job. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, HarleyHarley said:

Debbie Downer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Jets, dude I played ball with you in 1992. You're critique of the program is totally wrong and you don't have a clue about how "modern day" football programs work. Remember, I played with you so I know your character. Tearing down Jacksonville or the Canady legacy is something you'll never be able to do brother! Jealousy is a very negative trait but since you're so opinionated then why don't you apply and see if YOU have what it takes? We value and take what we do in terms of making a difference in kids' lives very seriously. Wins and Loses are only a fraction of what goes on inside the progress of a program. Other things have to be considered as well so there's no " one thing" you can point as being problematic or the catalyst/root of the cause. Stick to what you do bro; you couldn't do what we/I do! Unless you're in the building battling with the great coaches, fathers and husbands that I've worked with over the last 7 years while in Jax, then you can refrain from "knowing" what you're talking about! I love your passion for Jax and your love of the program but you're not even close to being qualified to remedy this situation!

• Like 1

Jets! This is Kenny Canady! Give me your number so that we can talk! Obviously, I need not to comment to ignorance and stupidity but I'll give you a complete rundown on our defensive output if your feeble mind can process/understand!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

48 minutes ago, low3333 said:

Jets! This is Kenny Canady! Give me your number so that we can talk! Obviously, I need not to comment to ignorance and stupidity but I'll give you a complete rundown on our defensive output if your feeble mind can process/understand!

Feeble mind? Stupidity? I didn't attack you personally like your doing to me. There's no need to talk, you can't defend giving up 39 pts a game, ridiculous

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, HarleyHarley said:

I agree hard to go both ways in 5a-4a. Need to get more kids involved.  Get the town excited about football. Need to fill seats in the Tomato  Bowl. Show support. Be part of the solution or your the problem. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jets said:

Feeble mind? Stupidity? I didn't attack you personally like your doing to me. There's no need to talk, you can't defend giving up 39 pts a game, ridiculous

You attacked my coaching ability without knowing or having any idea of how offenses and defenses work! Film is what you need and since you're the "expert" you can break down what when wrong this year! By the way, did you watch the Henderson game, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse and Texas High? I didn't think so! Give credit to Palestine/Mt.Pleasant and their entire staff and kids for a great game plan but other than those games you can miss me with your game assessment! What do you do for a living so that I can critique your every move? I can probably do your job with ease! Call me bro!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, low3333 said:

Jets, dude I played ball with you in 1992. You're critique of the program is totally wrong and you don't have a clue about how "modern day" football programs work. Remember, I played with you so I know your character. Tearing down Jacksonville or the Canady legacy is something you'll never be able to do brother! Jealousy is a very negative trait but since you're so opinionated then why don't you apply and see if YOU have what it takes? We value and take what we do in terms of making a difference in kids' lives very seriously. Wins and Loses are only a fraction of what goes on inside the progress of a program. Other things have to be considered as well so there's no " one thing" you can point as being problematic or the catalyst/root of the cause. Stick to what you do bro; you couldn't do what we/I do! Unless you're in the building battling with the great coaches, fathers and husbands that I've worked with over the last 7 years while in Jax, then you can refrain from "knowing" what you're talking about! I love your passion for Jax and your love of the program but you're not even close to being qualified to remedy this situation!

Tear down? Jealously? What are you talking about? You didn't get the job done period

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, low3333 said:

You attacked my coaching ability without knowing or having any idea of how offenses and defenses work! Film is what you need and since you're the "expert" you can break down what when wrong this year! By the way, did you watch the Henderson game, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse and Texas High? I didn't think so! Give credit to Palestine/Mt.Pleasant and their entire staff and kids for a great game plan but other than those games you can miss me with your game assessment! What do you do for a living so that I can critique your every move? I can probably do your job with ease! Call me bro!

I went to every game. I don't have a kid playing. Imo it is extremely hard to compete a whole game with kids going both ways.  When your LB is also your rb people get fatigued. Try to be affective when your running on fumes. Coaching not the problem lack of players to compete in 5a is. My 2 cents

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Jets said:

Tear down? Jealously? What are you talking about? You didn't get the job done period

Why though? Why didn't I get it done? Do you know? What is YOUR assessment based on? Facts, innuendo or hatred/jealousy? Come and watch film, get on the board and talk to the players and coaching staff. You have ZERO idea brother! Again, you didn't answer my question about what it is that YOU do for a living? 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

I went to every game. I don't have a kid playing. Imo it is extremely hard to compete a whole game with kids going both ways.  When your LB is also your rb people get fatigued. Try to be affective when your running on fumes. Coaching not the problem lack of players to compete in 5a is. My 2 cents

I appreciate that assessment and that is very accurate! This sounds like your assessment is based on something that's actually "factual" and not assumptive!

18 minutes ago, Jets said:

I played with you! The same could be said about YOU in the Waxahache game in the second round in '92! Stay in YOUR lane and never mention the CANADY name or legacy in Jacksonville! I promise you, we've done more for this city than you could ever imagine!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, low3333 said:

I played with you! The same could be said about YOU in the Waxahache game in the second round in '92! Stay in YOUR lane and never mention the CANADY name or legacy in Jacksonville! I promise you, we've done more for this city than you could ever imagine!

Waxahache game? You didnt do squat it that game. Your a legend in your own mind

23 minutes ago, low3333 said:

Why though? Why didn't I get it done? Do you know? What is YOUR assessment based on? Facts, innuendo or hatred/jealousy? Come and watch film, get on the board and talk to the players and coaching staff. You have ZERO idea brother! Again, you didn't answer my question about what it is that YOU do for a living? 

Im retired military

Just now, low3333 said:

Thank you for your service! 

Just now, low3333 said:

Thank you for your service! 

What you fail to realize is that there has been a trend in Jacksonville since moving to the 5A level. No Coach has won here in Jacksonville when you match it to the level of success of Coach Long. Now, you may have a chance and the next head coach AD will do a wonderful job! Let me help you with your assessment........ 5A football was very difficult for Jacksonville. All the great coaches that came after Coach Long did their absolute best and got the most out of their respective situations. The demographics changed and so did a portion of our wealthiest kids (White Flight) to places like Brook Hill. Are you still with me???? Well, to top it off, you have a group of people in society that feel obligated to not work hard but be given things for free in return! This ain't the Jacksonville of the 90's and 2000's brother but you wouldn't know that because you don't live here! Jacksonville still can be great again with LOYAL  current and former players, community patrons and supportive administration but with people like you it can't!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, low3333 said:

What you fail to realize is that there has been a trend in Jacksonville since moving to the 5A level. No Coach has won here in Jacksonville when you match it to the level of success of Coach Long. Now, you may have a chance and the next head coach AD will do a wonderful job! Let me help you with your assessment........ 5A football was very difficult for Jacksonville. All the great coaches that came after Coach Long did their absolute best and got the most out of their respective situations. The demographics changed and so did a portion of our wealthiest kids (White Flight) to places like Brook Hill. Are you still with me???? Well, to top it off, you have a group of people in society that feel obligated to not work hard but be given things for free in return! This ain't the Jacksonville of the 90's and 2000's brother but you wouldn't know that because you don't live here! Jacksonville still can be great again with LOYAL  current and former players, community patrons and supportive administration but with people like you it can't!

Here's what insanity is, "The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results."  You and others like you will assume that your words, critiques, assessments and arm chair quarterbacking is somehow a valid knee-jerk response for what you "think" you know about what goes on on the field on Friday Nights but really it's just a way for guys like you who failed at being an athlete to take shots at guys like me who Really matter! You will champion the new head coach, OC and the DC until you think that you know more than them and  that your opinion matters. They'll be the talk of the town until guys like you turn on them and start talking about things that you know not of! The next group of guys will work hard to turn this thing around but I will tell them to be leary of guys like you; wolves in a sheep's clothing! The truth is MIKE PHILLIPS, that you can't do what we do because you don't have it in you. If that were the case, you'd be a selfless teacher/coach that impacts the lives of hundreds and thousands of young men and women without praise. You'd be an individual that spends countless hours with kids that are not of your your own creation. You'd be an individual who forgoes the opportunity to make potentially thousands of dollars doing something more lucrative, but you can't! We're special and Jacksonville was lucky to have a staff like we had for the past 7 years!

• Like 1