Jacksonville

playactionpass39

32 minutes ago, low3333 said:

Here's what insanity is, "The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results."  You and others like you will assume that your words, critiques, assessments and arm chair quarterbacking is somehow a valid knee-jerk response for what you "think" you know about what goes on on the field on Friday Nights but really it's just a way for guys like you who failed at being an athlete to take shots at guys like me who Really matter! You will champion the new head coach, OC and the DC until you think that you know more than them and  that your opinion matters. They'll be the talk of the town until guys like you turn on them and start talking about things that you know not of! The next group of guys will work hard to turn this thing around but I will tell them to be leary of guys like you; wolves in a sheep's clothing! The truth is MIKE PHILLIPS, that you can't do what we do because you don't have it in you. If that were the case, you'd be a selfless teacher/coach that impacts the lives of hundreds and thousands of young men and women without praise. You'd be an individual that spends countless hours with kids that are not of your your own creation. You'd be an individual who forgoes the opportunity to make potentially thousands of dollars doing something more lucrative, but you can't! We're special and Jacksonville was lucky to have a staff like we had for the past 7 yea

You know nothing about being selfless, I served my country,  something you couldn't do. All I hear are more and more excuses from you, pathetic

8 hours ago, low3333 said:

Here's what insanity is, "The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results."  You and others like you will assume that your words, critiques, assessments and arm chair quarterbacking is somehow a valid knee-jerk response for what you "think" you know about what goes on on the field on Friday Nights but really it's just a way for guys like you who failed at being an athlete to take shots at guys like me who Really matter! You will champion the new head coach, OC and the DC until you think that you know more than them and  that your opinion matters. They'll be the talk of the town until guys like you turn on them and start talking about things that you know not of! The next group of guys will work hard to turn this thing around but I will tell them to be leary of guys like you; wolves in a sheep's clothing! The truth is MIKE PHILLIPS, that you can't do what we do because you don't have it in you. If that were the case, you'd be a selfless teacher/coach that impacts the lives of hundreds and thousands of young men and women without praise. You'd be an individual that spends countless hours with kids that are not of your your own creation. You'd be an individual who forgoes the opportunity to make potentially thousands of dollars doing something more lucrative, but you can't! We're special and Jacksonville was lucky to have a staff like we had for the past 7 years!

You could not double my current salary and ask me to coach.

1. Kids these days are different not all but most lack work ethic. 

2. Every kid is a D1 recruit if you don't think so just ask their parents

3. Different world different times. Most lack discipline. Already know more than the coach. 

All starts at home with respecting adults. Community involvement pumping kids up. I hear adults telling kids all the time I would play football they suck. Culture change and respect for others would help Jville in the future.  I've never asked a coach to raise my kids but sometimes a Community has to raise one's that are less fortunate.  COACHING love you when you winning. Helping you move when you not. God bless all.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

3. Different world different times. Most lack discipline. Already know more than the coach. 

All starts at home with respecting adults. Community involvement pumping kids up. I hear adults telling kids all the time I would play football they suck. Culture change and respect for others would help Jville in the future.  I've never asked a coach to raise my kids but sometimes a Community has to raise one's that are less fortunate.  COACHING love you when you winning. Helping you move when you not. God bless all.

Yep 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cat51993 said:

1. Sure, kids are lazier with different distractions these days.  I played in the 90s, and most of us still had a little lazy in us then.

2. Every parent wants what is best for their kid.  They prop them up on a pedestal and they refuse to be the one that knocks them down.  That is your job as a coach.  You can get ahead of that problem by telling mom or dad, "He is not a starter on varsity right now.  If he works hard and follows this program I can see him there in [insert time frame here]."  Set the expectations with the kid and the parent when you are hired.  Don't be reactionary to the issue.

3. I've heard this discipline crap since I was 12 years old.  It's an old man problem.  We are 30s and 40s and have matured and expecting 14-18 years to act like us.  Some of those kids get it, some don't and won't until they hit their 30s or 40s...  

I completely agree with you that respect and discipline starts at home.  I believe if more coaches started in the household, ie. reaching out to parents, it could help some.  In Texas we see a lot of 15-20 man coaching staffs.  That is plenty of adults to keep tabs on the kids and parents at least once a week. 

The other logistical nightmare to make some of this work is keeping teenagers busy.  We had help in Marshall in the 90s and 00s... 5th quarter church services after the games on Friday nights, community out-reach, etc etc etc.  It is hard as a coaching staff with a stiped that comes out to about $9 an hour for your time served after school hours, to stay motivated and keeping these kids engaged in football 365/yr.  

There isn't a clear cut path to success other than a consistent program that starts early in age.  Argyle and Aledo start pee-wee football at age 4 or 5 and run high school plays (just the basics) and the parents teach high level blocking schemes etc starting in 2nd or 3rd grade... those programs are ridiculous with their discipline.  

Like you said above, you need a community to raise some of these kids, as well as discipline and educate them in football to sustain long-term success.  Probably, not worth the money, and you have to love it.  Props to all the coaches who stick through a lot of the bull crap.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

1. Sure, kids are lazier with different distractions these days.  I played in the 90s, and most of us still had a little lazy in us then.

2. Every parent wants what is best for their kid.  They prop them up on a pedestal and they refuse to be the one that knocks them down.  That is your job as a coach.  You can get ahead of that problem by telling mom or dad, "He is not a starter on varsity right now.  If he works hard and follows this program I can see him there in [insert time frame here]."  Set the expectations with the kid and the parent when you are hired.  Don't be reactionary to the issue.

3. I've heard this discipline crap since I was 12 years old.  It's an old man problem.  We are 30s and 40s and have matured and expecting 14-18 years to act like us.  Some of those kids get it, some don't and won't until they hit their 30s or 40s...  

I completely agree with you that respect and discipline starts at home.  I believe if more coaches started in the household, ie. reaching out to parents, it could help some.  In Texas we see a lot of 15-20 man coaching staffs.  That is plenty of adults to keep tabs on the kids and parents at least once a week. 

The other logistical nightmare to make some of this work is keeping teenagers busy.  We had help in Marshall in the 90s and 00s... 5th quarter church services after the games on Friday nights, community out-reach, etc etc etc.  It is hard as a coaching staff with a stiped that comes out to about $9 an hour for your time served after school hours, to stay motivated and keeping these kids engaged in football 365/yr.  

There isn't a clear cut path to success other than a consistent program that starts early in age.  Argyle and Aledo start pee-wee football at age 4 or 5 and run high school plays (just the basics) and the parents teach high level blocking schemes etc starting in 2nd or 3rd grade... those programs are ridiculous with their discipline.  

Like you said above, you need a community to raise some of these kids, as well as discipline and educate them in football to sustain long-term success.  Probably, not worth the money, and you have to love it.  Props to all the coaches who stick through a lot of the bull crap.

Lot to contemplate here. Which coach can come in and WIN while handling all parents and Daddy Ball coaches? Who holds the keys in Jax? 

1 minute ago, tomlandry said:

Lot to contemplate here. Which coach can come in and WIN while handling all parents and Daddy Ball coaches? Who holds the keys in Jax? 

He needs to be single, with a high school age kid, and no life outside of football 🤣  Good luck finding that guy lol

Just now, tomlandry said:

I want to know who is pulling the STRINGS in JAX...

Not connected enough to know that info.  However, that person in most towns is planted somewhere on the school board or a very influential voice and friend of someone on the school board.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Not connected enough to know that info.  However, that person in most towns is planted somewhere on the school board or a very influential voice and friend of someone on the school board.

BINGO...JAX folks know the answer to this. 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

3 . I've coached played and watched every sport know to man. Discipline is the key. Not asking for an alter boy but without it it your never be successful period end of story.

15 hours ago, Jets said:

You know nothing about being selfless, I served my country,  something you couldn't do. All I hear are more and more excuses from you, pathetic

I did serve my country for 6 years in the U.S.M.C and have been in the Coaching and Teaching profession for over over 25 years. Believe me you have to be as selfless in the Teaching and Coaching as you do in the military. 

• Like 3

@Jets you are an absolute embarrassment to the town of Jacksonville and that is putting it kindly.

You are the opposite of a fan. You are a miserable hyper-critic that seeks out the downfall of other people/programs so you can insert your idiotic, one-dimensional, and baseless opinions into the conversation… all so that you can feel better about your own personal failures in life (ironically including jville football) that have made you such a cowardly internet troll. 

You continue to call the FACTS that are presented to you “excuses”. You wouldn’t know the difference between a FACT and an EXCUSE for the hardships of Jacksonvilles football season if it smacked you in your bitter face. Why? 1. Because as much as you cannot stand it, you are an outsider to this program. You have no clue what goes on or has gone on internally so you use the easy EXCUSE that it’s coaching issues. 2. Because you lack the knowledge of what a winning program requires and entails and all the ever changing variables at hand. Rather than keeping your mouth shut on topics you cannot comprehend, you fixate on the only solution your brain can process. 

What kind of grown “man” sits behind his computer screen and consistently BASHES the job that other grown men are doing??? 
I can tell you who doesn’t do that and that’s all of the coaches you publicly condemn. They are too busy working way too much for way too little so they can make a positive impact. But even if they had the time, I can assure you it is not in any of their characters to belittle the job of another man. 

Last but definitely not least, I have know the Canady families for 30+ years and you are the FIRST person that has ever expressed a negative opinion of them, the job they bust their back ends off to do, or the coaching ability they possess. That right there speaks volumes to your ability to make sound judgements (or lack of) and makes it very clear your statements hold ZERO credibility. And we all know the city of Jacksonville would agree. To say that the Canady name is only legendary in one’s head is almost laughable because of how delusional that statement is. You know damn well how much that last name and those men have done for Jacksonville. Anyone with the best interest of the community has nothing but RESPECT for them.

This most recent stint has had the help of Wayne Coleman, Randall Canady, and Kenny Canady. If all 3 were unable to transform Jacksonville into a winning football program it is abundantly clear there is a deeper rooted issue/issues at play. They all had EXTENSIVE proven success prior to coming to Jacksonville where they brought with them the same coaching skills that were successful in multiple other programs. Once again proving that coaching abilities and approaches are not the issue here! But by all means, let’s continue the pattern of increasing the turnover of coaches in Jacksonville and only implementing the EXACT SAME “solution” time after time because that really seems to be working…?Insanity. 

You have done an excellent job at making the Jacksonville Indian fans look diabolical all season long and beyond. 

Insanity for me is the lack of numbers in a 5A school. Not hurting feelings but you only had 2 real 5A size dlinemen.  Both played both ways 1 got covid couldn't play much. With that said we had 3 really good lbs but hard to make tackles when the dline can't keep the online off of you.Startng Dbs are also starting  wrs basically running the whole game. Got to get numbers up. If you look at contributing players for Jville you were at a small 3A level. Hard to win like that for any coach 

• Like 1

@jets

@HarleyHarley got it right you @ Jets are a complete clown show.  Maybe start up a new circus act or something.   You show your FBI or Football intellegence through your miserable typing.   You can’t be from our parts. Mud creek has bodies buried and hogs after their remains. It all starts with ignorant comments like yours!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HarleyHarley said:

@Jets you are an absolute embarrassment to the town of Jacksonville and that is putting it kindly.

You are the opposite of a fan. You are a miserable hyper-critic that seeks out the downfall of other people/programs so you can insert your idiotic, one-dimensional, and baseless opinions into the conversation… all so that you can feel better about your own personal failures in life (ironically including jville football) that have made you such a cowardly internet troll. 

You continue to call the FACTS that are presented to you “excuses”. You wouldn’t know the difference between a FACT and an EXCUSE for the hardships of Jacksonvilles football season if it smacked you in your bitter face. Why? 1. Because as much as you cannot stand it, you are an outsider to this program. You have no clue what goes on or has gone on internally so you use the easy EXCUSE that it’s coaching issues. 2. Because you lack the knowledge of what a winning program requires and entails and all the ever changing variables at hand. Rather than keeping your mouth shut on topics you cannot comprehend, you fixate on the only solution your brain can process. 

What kind of grown “man” sits behind his computer screen and consistently BASHES the job that other grown men are doing??? 
I can tell you who doesn’t do that and that’s all of the coaches you publicly condemn. They are too busy working way too much for way too little so they can make a positive impact. But even if they had the time, I can assure you it is not in any of their characters to belittle the job of another man. 

Last but definitely not least, I have know the Canady families for 30+ years and you are the FIRST person that has ever expressed a negative opinion of them, the job they bust their back ends off to do, or the coaching ability they possess. That right there speaks volumes to your ability to make sound judgements (or lack of) and makes it very clear your statements hold ZERO credibility. And we all know the city of Jacksonville would agree. To say that the Canady name is only legendary in one’s head is almost laughable because of how delusional that statement is. You know damn well how much that last name and those men have done for Jacksonville. Anyone with the best interest of the community has nothing but RESPECT for them.

This most recent stint has had the help of Wayne Coleman, Randall Canady, and Kenny Canady. If all 3 were unable to transform Jacksonville into a winning football program it is abundantly clear there is a deeper rooted issue/issues at play. They all had EXTENSIVE proven success prior to coming to Jacksonville where they brought with them the same coaching skills that were successful in multiple other programs. Once again proving that coaching abilities and approaches are not the issue here! But by all means, let’s continue the pattern of increasing the turnover of coaches in Jacksonville and only implementing the EXACT SAME “solution” time after time because that really seems to be working…?Insanity. 

You have done an excellent job at making the Jacksonville Indian fans look diabolical all season long and beyond. 

Thanks brother!

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, BrandonNeighbors said:

@jets

@HarleyHarley got it right you @ Jets are a complete clown show.  Maybe start up a new circus act or something.   You show your FBI or Football intellegence through your miserable typing.   You can’t be from our parts. Mud creek has bodies buried and hogs after their remains. It all starts with ignorant comments like yours!

Well said brother! All Indians must stick together to get this thing turned around no mater who's getting the job! It's on us to support and protect the image of the Fightin' Indians Football program!

• Angry 1

16 hours ago, HarleyHarley said:

Since you want to attack me personally, I was hardly a failure at Jax athletics as you put it, myself and Reggie Carter signed/ played at Navarro juco, the only indians to have done so , I then went on to have a successful career in the military, you don't know anything about me

• LOL! 1