Jacksonville

playactionpass39

On 12/8/2021 at 8:47 PM, Cat51993 said:

I went to every game. I don't have a kid playing. Imo it is extremely hard to compete a whole game with kids going both ways.  When your LB is also your rb people get fatigued. Try to be affective when your running on fumes. Coaching not the problem lack of players to compete in 5a is. My 2 cents

The lower levels do it all the time. Play not only offense and defense but kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return. I understand its hard to go both ways when others in that classification aren't but conditioning is conditioning 1A-6A. I do agree that Jville numbers are down but I have always believed that your studs should play both ways period 1A-6A. I know of a 2a school that prolly cost themselves a state title trying to play one side of the ball. If numbers aren't changing then conditioning needs to. Just my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

11 hours ago, RKS21 said:

That’s the mentality that will get you 25 suited out on Friday night at a 5A HS. 

I'm not advocating playing any kid every play on offense and on defense, but you better be cross training certain kids so they can contribute on both side of the ball. If your best Defensive Back is also your fastest player and can catch, you better be teaching him the routes so he can contribute as a receiver, especially when the game is on the line. If your best running back can also tackle and read and react, then you better be teaching him the defense so he can play LB when it matters. And if your left tackle has the quick twitch and athleticism to rush the passer and stop the run, he better be getting some significant snaps on the defensive line. And if your tight end is also your best edge pass rusher then, well you get the point.

Especially at places like Jacksonville, who does not have the kids to be playing 33 kids.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:33 AM, theprodigy said:

The lower levels do it all the time. Play not only offense and defense but kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return. I understand its hard to go both ways when others in that classification aren't but conditioning is conditioning 1A-6A. I do agree that Jville numbers are down but I have always believed that your studs should play both ways period 1A-6A. I know of a 2a school that prolly cost themselves a state title trying to play one side of the ball. If numbers aren't changing then conditioning needs to. Just my opinion 

I understand putting your play makers on both sides. I get it. You can't compete in 5a with those play makers playing 90% of the time. You do that in 2A and 3A but both sides are going both ways which evens out. You show me a 4a and above team that wins that plays their studs both ways? I don't care what shape your in you can not be competitive in 5a With your guys playing like Jvilles had to this year. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

I understand putting your play makers on both sides. I get it. You can't compete in 5a with those play makers playing 90% of the time. You do that in 2A and 3A but both sides are going both ways which evens out. You show me a 4a and above team that wins that plays their studs both ways? I don't care what shape your in you can not be competitive in 5a With your guys playing like Jvilles had to this year. 

Most 4As have some both way players. 4A seems to be the middle line for "playing/not playing both ways". 

• Like 1