Stephenville vs Paris Friday 19th 7:30

CH76

I personally don't think Stephenville is favored by "a lot" against Paris.  The real truth is that District 7 IS comprised of 4 better playoff teams than District 6. Just because Stephenville is undefeated does not mean they are necessarily better than some teams in District 7.  I've watched some clips of their games and personnel.......Paris can certainly give the Yellowjackets all they want.  IF Paris can play with few mistakes(no turnovers) then things could go their way.  Stop Lambert and you stop Stephenville........really that's about it.  They are not multi on offense like Melissa and Argyle.

47 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

SV rolls tonight by 4 TDs. 

Maybe.......just depends on how Paris plays.   I think Paris may be able to keep it close.  Stephenville's main weapons are QB Lambert, and receiver Eakin.  Elston is also one of the go-to guys.  They have a couple of RB's to tote the rock,  but nothing Paris cannot contend with.   It's mainly Lambert throwing and keeping it,  and Eakin and Elston on the receiving end.  If Paris can get a few turnovers......who knows?  At least Paris is a ball control offense with a seasoned QB and some RB's that can break for some big runs.  Hohenberger can also pass it effectively.

Hey Paris defense.......listen up!!   DO NOT let QB Lambert take off or roll out without hitting him.  Hit that guy every play.....or you will get burned.  He will keep it when he takes off even though he is pumping his passing arm.  The guy can run and is their biggest threat......no joke.  You HAVE to tackle or hit Lambert and don't go for the fakes.  Make him throw it if you must......but hit him!!

I already paid my $11 for a month's worth to Texan Live last night.....so I may as well pay a month's worth to NFHS tonight to see those games thruout the playoffs.  You can go back and watch the video tapes of the games you did not get a chance to see on both sites......so $11 is worth it for about 4 rounds of playoff action each week in every classification.  When you are sittin' on your butt and it's raining or cold outside......or late at night.......you can dial up a game and watch it.  And you can always watch some Girls BB or Volleyball, or now Boys BB live action.

Without Treadwell Paris is just not the same on offense.  He's the rb that makes the whole offense click.  Without him, it's too easy for the opponent's defense to hone in on Hohenberger and stack the box.  Maybe it would have been a Paris victory tonight if Treadwell had played......that's just a tough break for the team.  But Congrats to the Wildcats anyway for playing an undefeated Stephenville team tough and having another great season in tough District 7.   There can be only one, and the rest of us has an end to the road somewhere along the way.

• Like 1