#8 Waskom 11-1 Vs #6 Newton 10-1 at Nacogdoches Dragon Stadium Nov 26th 7PM Newton is Home Team.

Wild74

Waskom vs Newton  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Newton Eagles (10-1)
    • Waskom Wildcats (11-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2021 at 01:00 AM

• Crawford changed the title to #8 Waskom 11-1 Vs #6 Newton 10-1 at Nacogdoches Dragon Stadium Nov 26th 7PM Newton is Home Team.

Just my view for what it's worth, I consider this game dead even and there is no other way to look at it. Newton and Waskom both have had a weak schedule this year with some teams that have traditionally been strong but are going through a rebuilding year or just don't have the athletes they once had. Waskom toughest game Timpson a division down and Newtons WOS two divisions up where both very tough teams and where losses. Waskom will run their traditional triple option flexbone offense and Newton will go both under center and into the spread with multiple formations. Waskom has to shut down the big playmaker number 5 Newtons versatile QB who runs from the spread and throws very well also with 3 and 10 being his favorite targets. 10 is very tall and jumps well on the high lob passes as I call them. 7 is also a big RB and will carry a big impact when he is tackled, in other words it will hurt to hit him. On Waskoms side Newton will have to contain Watson the QB, RB Feaster and Johnson along with Hamilton af FB. Waskom does like to throw more than usual with Watson who has a very good arm and good accuracy with his passes. Waskom punt return and kick return is also a threat with Zay Thomas who is little but exteremly fast and very allusive to tackle. Both offensive lines are big and move well. Defensive units for both teams are very fast and move to the ball quickly. What can I say I will be surprised if it is not a close game. Look forward to playing you Newton guys again after the last two beatings you gave us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Just my view for what it's worth, I consider this game dead even and there is no other way to look at it. Newton and Waskom both have had a weak schedule this year with some teams that have traditionally been strong but are going through a rebuilding year or just don't have the athletes they once had. Waskom toughest game Timpson a division down and Newtons WOS two divisions up where both very tough teams and where losses. Waskom will run their traditional triple option flexbone offense and Newton will go both under center and into the spread with multiple formations. Waskom has to shut down the big playmaker number 5 Newtons versatile QB who runs from the spread and throws very well also with 3 and 10 being his favorite targets. 10 is very tall and jumps well on the high lob passes as I call them. 7 is also a big RB and will carry a big impact when he is tackled, in other words it will hurt to hit him. On Waskoms side Newton will have to contain Watson the QB, RB Feaster and Johnson along with Hamilton af FB. Waskom does like to throw more than usual with Watson who has a very good arm and good accuracy with his passes. Waskom punt return and kick return is also a threat with Zay Thomas who is little but exteremly fast and very allusive to tackle. Both offensive lines are big and move well. Defensive units for both teams are very fast and move to the ball quickly. What can I say I will be surprised if it is not a close game. Look forward to playing you Newton guys again after the last two beatings you gave us. 

Great summary Wild! 

Well after playing both teams and watching film..  wild 74 basically hit the nail on the head !   This is bout as even of a match as you can get... 

i think it will come down to what team can go the distance for 4 hard fought quarters ..  

i don’t believe newton or waskom has had to do that since way earlier in the season ..   WOS and timpson has been the only real competition either teams has had ... 

so we’ll see what team wants it bad enough and can go the distance ... 

good luck to both teams!!  09 will see y’all there.... 

5 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

Newton has not done a good job of playing 4 quarters of football this year, IMO.....  They will have to play 4 full quarters of good football to win this game.  I think it will be a fairly high score game...

Waskom 42

Newton 34

Really don't think our d will allow that many points and how have they not done a good job of playing 4 quarters our record is the same as waskom but our L came from west orange stark which is in the third round of playoffs in 4A but we ain't waskom that's OK cause we will be there Friday to play newton football as we always do 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

Really don't think our d will allow that many points and how have they not done a good job of playing 4 quarters our record is the same as waskom but our L came from west orange stark which is in the third round of playoffs in 4A but we ain't waskom that's OK cause we will be there Friday to play newton football as we always do 

Well I feel you on that but last year no body had Waskom going know where and with a back up QB they was one game from state this year is different they got a Wake up call with a Good Timpson team that will give a lot people  Problems and now I don’t see no team beating them just my Opinion 

1 hour ago, Newton2003 said:

I’ve watched some film on you guys and I’m not near as confident as some these people. O me this is going to be a hard tough hard hitting game. I just hope which ever team wins is healthy for next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

I do believe that Newton can win this game but it will require them to play good/hard football for 4 quarters.  My remark regarding them not playing 4 quarters consistently is based on their performance against Hemphill and New Waverly.  I am pulling for the Eagles!

• Like 1

We including myself all seem to think this game will be a close battle between the two. Then there's the thought that one could gap the other if things go their way. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. We will see Fri. Looking forward to this battle.

Hope this is an injury free game as both of these teams could represent well later on from East Texas. With that said it could go either way but I’ll will pick Newton to win close but wouldn’t be surprised if I’m wrong either. Good luck to both teams and it a shame that one has to be done after this week. 

I was on the fence for this one until I watched the videos of Newton, and Harlton, then Newton, and DeKalb. The Eagles have found a bit of a passing game which makes them two deminsional. I believe that will allow Newton to pull this one out provided their defense plays like they should.🦅

51 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I don’t see this game getting out of the 20s..   both defenses are too good to let that happen..   26 to 20..   24 to 20..  20 to 14..    it will surprise me if it’s a shoot out score ,  simply because both teams are run heavy and it will be a quick Game ..  and both defenses play lights out! 

Good rundown, 09. I agree, wish I could be there. In West Virginia right now.

• Love 1