Nick2011

Daingerfield VS West Rusk   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Daingerfield Tigers (10-2)
    • West Rusk Raiders (12-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

46 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

DF was totally different back then and WR was not what they are now. 

Y’all had Daniel Thompson that year I remember everyone talking about he was going to be the best back we faced all year

10 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Y’all had Daniel Thompson that year I remember everyone talking about he was going to be the best back we faced all year

1 good back wasn’t going to beat that team. WR has a team full of good players this year. Not one star in particular. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

I don’t see it on there yet, but they may not have updated the schedule on their website yet. 

Man NFHS is slow, I mean I’ll watch it but I be listening to the radio as well! 

1 minute ago, Boot1615 said:

Man NFHS is slow, I mean I’ll watch it but I be listening to the radio as well! 

Yeah it’s way behind. I was watching the Hooks/WR game on there and it was about 5 minutes behind. I ended up just watching it on FB live. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

ETF said he can fix that!! Lobo Stadium is only a block away from Sams Club. He bringing the cheese fries but just like the price of gas they may be 10 fries with a scoop of cheese for $19.95

@EastTxFinest is this true? Cheese 🍟 tailgating in parking lot 

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Wait till you see how @Paxdoes it. I like his and wilds

Daingerfield is scoring 45.0 per game against teams that hold opponents to 26.4 per game (+18.6 swing).  They hold teams that score 32.8 per game to 17.8 per game (+15.0 swing).  Total swing = +33.6.

West Rusk scores 49.5 per game vs teams giving up 27.5 per game (+22.0) and they hold teams that score 27.7 per game to 16.4 per game (+11.3).  Total swing for West Rusk = +33.3.

These two teams are about as similar as it gets on paper, and their opponents are also about as similar as it gets.  This is as close a game as I have run.  Overall - taking all games played into consideration, I get a West Rusk win, 38-35.

Considering only each team's best 3 games (based on my swing figure) :

Daingerfield in a 37-27 win.

Considering only each team's worst 3 games :

Daingerfield in a 24-19 win.

Daingerfield's 3 worst vs West Rusk's 3 best :

West Rusk in a 33-16 win.

West Rusk's 3 worst vs Daingerfield's 3 best :

Daingerfield in a 45-12 win.

Considering only district and playoff games :

West Rusk in a 36-31 win.

Last 3 games for each team :

Daingerfield in a 44-32 win.

Pretty much any way you run it, you get a close game.  No doubt these teams are closely matched.  I don't have any feelings one way or another.  I'm just gonna leave this here.  I call a semi-high scoring close game.  Numbers suggest a very slight edge to West Rusk, but who knows on this side of the bracket?  I wouldn't be surprised by a blow out in either direction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Pax said:

Daingerfield is scoring 45.0 per game against teams that hold opponents to 26.4 per game (+18.6 swing).  They hold teams that score 32.8 per game to 17.8 per game (+15.0 swing).  Total swing = +33.6.

West Rusk scores 49.5 per game vs teams giving up 27.5 per game (+22.0) and they hold teams that score 27.7 per game to 16.4 per game (+11.3).  Total swing for West Rusk = +33.3.

These two teams are about as similar as it gets on paper, and their opponents are also about as similar as it gets.  This is as close a game as I have run.  Overall - taking all games played into consideration, I get a West Rusk win, 38-35.

Pretty much any way you run it, you get a close game.  No doubt these teams are closely matched.  I don't have any feelings one way or another.  I'm just gonna leave this here.  I call a semi-high scoring close game.  Numbers suggest a very slight edge to West Rusk, but who knows on this side of the bracket?  I wouldn't be surprised by a blow out in either direction. 

Thanks @Pax! 👍

35 minutes ago, Pax said:

Wow!!! Sounds like it’s building up some hype and intensity. May be the best high school football game you have seen in the past 5 years. Is it Thursday yet? 

2 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

Wow!!! Sounds like it’s building up some hype and intensity. May be the best high school football game you have seen in the past 5 years. Is it Thursday yet? 

I remember a game played at Lobo stadium about 5/6 years ago that was one of the best games I’ve watched. Packed stadium and came down to the last second. If we get a game even close to that, the fans will be in for a treat. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

1 good back wasn’t going to beat that team. WR has a team full of good players this year. Not one star in particular. 

Yeah they ended up not looking anything like they did on film. That was the coldest game too

1 hour ago, Boot1615 said:

Not only the tigers but everybody else too!! 

If our line has perfect games I like our chances against anybody in the state not to many people are going to have 4 dbs that are going to be able to match up with Cj, Dd, bubba, and lathan

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I remember a game played at Lobo stadium about 5/6 years ago that was one of the best games I’ve watched. Packed stadium and came down to the last second. If we get a game even close to that, the fans will be in for a treat. 

Yea I remember about 5/6 years ago in Lobo Stadium watching Gilmer vs Gladewater!! That was a helluva game there. It was over packed, people sitting on the grass all the way around the field cause wasn’t no room left in bleachers 😂 

1 minute ago, tigernationfan said:

Yea I remember about 5/6 years ago in Lobo Stadium watching Gilmer vs Gladewater!! That was a helluva game there. It was over packed, people sitting on the grass all the way around the field cause wasn’t no room left in bleachers 😂 

Back when Gladewater had Daylon Mack 350# running back. They called him dump truck. He ran through anybody and would get at least 8 yards per carry on a bad carry lol

4 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

That’s the one! 🎯😂

• Like 1

The more I watch film, the more I notice that Daingerfield has this one by 14+ honestly the only chance WR have to win is if Daingerfield turns the ball over a few times (which is possible). But West rusk athletes just don’t look like Daingerfield athletes. Daingerfield arguably has 4-5 D1 athletes on this team. 

32 minutes ago, FridayNightLightss said:

West rusk Dline MIGHT be slightly better than Dfield. Every other position Dfield is better for sure.

Nope. You’re wrong. West Rusk’s Dline isn’t just “slightly” better. One kid has multiple D1 offere and is 6’4 245 the other kid is about 6’1 220 and is up for the Whataburger Super Team which is kids chosen from 1A through 6A. So they are more than slightly better.  West Rusk is also better at the RB position.