4A Div 1 regional semis. Chapel Hill( 9-3)vs Kilgore (11-1) Rose stadium. Friday 11/26

Chill5000

Chapel Hill vs. Kilgore  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

9 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

CH has more talent and a better coach IMO. If they don't turn the ball over they will score plenty.

41-20 score od first game.  So how would you say more talent and a better coach?

Only thing I could say about Kilgore is they don't rotate players much at all. You may dress 80 kids out, only about 25-26 will actually play for Kilgore. Is that what your talking about?

5 hours ago, HJR7 said:

41-20 score od first game.  So how would you say more talent and a better coach?

Only thing I could say about Kilgore is they don't rotate players much at all. You may dress 80 kids out, only about 25-26 will actually play for Kilgore. Is that what your talking about?

We did at the beginning of the year and it worked. I don’t no why it changed when we got in the playoff. It made a big difference. 

Just now, KDogg32 said:

We did at the beginning of the year and it worked. I don’t no why it changed when we got in the playoff. It made a big difference. 

We have to much talent not to use it. Our defense is staying on the field to long and to much not to be rotated out. Our offense going to have to take some pressure off Rider if we going to make it pass this week. This is playoff football. The coaches watch film and key on your best player. You better have more in the playbook are you will be going home. I no we got it are we going to use it is the question. The new head coach is smart . He no how to win . Let’s go Kilgore. One game at a time. 

6 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

We have to much talent not to use it. Our defense is staying on the field to long and to much not to be rotated out. Our offense going to have to take some pressure off Rider if we going to make it pass this week. This is playoff football. The coaches watch film and key on your best player. You better have more in the playbook are you will be going home. I no we got it are we going to use it is the question. The new head coach is smart . He no how to win . Let’s go Kilgore. One game at a time. 

Oh trust me I know. I've notice some kids that played pre district, may have got beat on one play and haven't played since. Kilgore has a ton of talent on the sidelines that don't even get in on the game. 

Well Kilgore played about as bad as they could have in the second half against Stafford. Stafford was a lot better football team than I gave them credit for. I can't remember Rider fumbling all year he might have but I don't remember and he had 3 or 4 fumbles against Stafford thankfully he was able to get back on two of the fumbles. If Kilgore comes in over looking CH they will definitely leave Tyler a disappointed team because CH has the team to absolutely beat them. But I don't think they will they know what their fixing to go up against in CH if we play our game for 4 qtrs Kilgore will be just fine. I'm expecting a little closer game this second go around but I think the Kilgore D makes a few more stops than CH's D. 

Hopefully the Kilgore D puts their freshman qb in some tough spots and makes him throw some mistakes. I will say CH has a darn good one running their offense but maybe next year is their year. A whole season under him not to mention some playoff experience he will have also they could be looking a a stud. I don't know where CH keeps finding these qb's from but whatever they are doing is working really well.

7 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

On the year Rider has 2026 yards and 27 TD's. Van Zandt has 1959 yards 20 TD's 4 int. Don't know if ever Kilgore has had a 2000 yard rusher and passer in the same season. Pretty darn amazing to say the least though

Rider also only carried the ball 4 or 5 times against PT...didn't really play against Henderson in 2nd half and didn't play against Athens..😳

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

On the year Rider has 2026 yards and 27 TD's. Van Zandt has 1959 yards 20 TD's 4 int. Don't know if ever Kilgore has had a 2000 yard rusher and passer in the same season. Pretty darn amazing to say the least though

I'm pretty sure Dalton McElyea last year was the first 2,000 yd passer Kilgore has ever had.... but I don't think Epps got to 2,000 yds rushing last year. The only for sure 2,000 yd rusher I know of is Gilliam in '04 and he wasn't far from 3,000. I think Kevrin Justice went over 2,000 in 2013, but I can't say for sure.

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

I'm pretty sure Dalton McElyea last year was the first 2,000 yd passer Kilgore has ever had.... but I don't think Epps got to 2,000 yds rushing last year. The only for sure 2,000 yd rusher I know of is Gilliam in '04 and he wasn't far from 3,000. I think Kevrin Justice went over 2,000 in 2013, but I can't say for sure.

No I'm talking about the same year having both I know we have had the rushing and last year passing but can't remember if we have had them in the same year

11 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

No I'm talking about the same year having both I know we have had the rushing and last year passing but can't remember if we have had them in the same year

2020 almost happened Dalton passed for 2600 yards and Epps had 1970 yards. I had no clue they were that close to having both last year. 

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

2020 almost happened Dalton passed for 2600 yards and Epps had 1970 yards. I had no clue they were that close to having both last year. 

I didn't know Epps was that close to 2,000, but I do know he had 400 against Chapel Hill.

This will be a great game against two good teams. The only thing stop Kilgore from winning this game is Kilgore. Chapel Hill is a good team. I have seen a lot of growth from them sense the Lindale game. Y’all are a scrappy bunch but something about this Kilgore team is special. They are complete in all phases of the game when playing as a team. It will be close but Kilgore will pull it out. Good luck both teams.