4A Div 1 regional semis. Chapel Hill( 9-3)vs Kilgore (11-1) Rose stadium. Friday 11/26

Chill5000

Chapel Hill vs. Kilgore  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

6 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Who knows now . A 4th place team is what is left. Chill came along way.

Congratulations CH…. but I still think 4 teams in playoffs is stupid. First rounds are brutal, a win like this is a rarity. Saw a stat somewhere that 4th place teams won like 12% of first round games since they started it. 

25 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

Wow. How do you go from beating someone just a couple of weeks ago to losing to them today? This is unreal. I didn't see this coming because I saw CH play a few weeks ago, and I didn't think they were a playoff caliber team. Now they're the best team in 9-4A. This is crazy. They'll roll LCM next week. 

It’s hard to beat a team twice..

• Like 1

Instant classic! Man what a game. Chapel hill led by 2 freshman never held there heads down and never  gave up. Easily could have layed down at 17-0! YelloW dogs just keep getting better every game! Always hard to beat a team twice in 1 season. I will say Kilgore play calling was mediocre at best. When they had the ball with a couple Of minutes left they showed no urgency and could easily tell they were Playing for overtime. Either way, great game! Kilgore is a great team but Chapel hill was just a bit better tonight! 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Instant classic! Man what a game. Chapel hill led by 2 freshman never held there heads down and never  gave up. Easily could have layed down at 17-0! YelloW dogs just keep getting better every game! Always hard to beat a team twice in 1 season. I will say Kilgore play calling was mediocre at best. When they had the ball with a couple Of minutes left they showed no urgency and could easily tell they were Playing for overtime. Either way, great game! Kilgore is a great team but Chapel hill was just a bit better tonight! 

Play calling for Kilgore was terrible on both sides. Inside run, inside run.. throw deep to #3. CH was all over it. CH defensive coaches and playeds knew Kilgore offense better than Kilgore. Hopefully next year the offense isn't basic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

Who were the freshmen?

Just now, 3rdcoastent said:

Man what a game I knew they could do it but ch almost gave it away few times and they fought back and got the w

They showed good character.....I was sweating a bit after CH got down 17 early. They had some costly turnovers in the second half but kept bouncing back. Very entertaining game!

I thought the key turning point for the game was Kilgore's fumbled kickoff right after CH scored their first touchdown. Kilgore owned the first quarter and a little into the second quarter, but CH owned the second quarter.

Congrats to Chapel Hill. Y'all are finding your groove at the perfect time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SmokyBurgess said:

Wow. How do you go from beating someone just a couple of weeks ago to losing to them today? This is unreal. I didn't see this coming because I saw CH play a few weeks ago, and I didn't think they were a playoff caliber team. Now they're the best team in 9-4A. This is crazy. They'll roll LCM next week. 

They’ll roll LCM?  That type thinking is probably partly to blame for what just happened to Kilgore - they’ll roll Chapel Hill (again).  LCM just beat a good El Campo team.  No doubt they thought they’d “roll LCM”.  CH better forget there’s any other team in Texas except LCM.  They better bring their A game, and probably need a break or two.  Otherwise, LCM will roll Chapel Hill.  Been a CH supporter since they beat my injured Pirates (otherwise this could’ve probably been a Bear vs Pirate matchup), but I have to pull for the Dist 10 team.  Should be a great game, much like the Kilgore vs CH game.  Once again, don’t think LCM is a pushover.  They’re not.  They were unlucky to catch Vidor prior to injuries.  Their new Coach has them on a roll.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

They’ll roll LCM?  That type thinking is probably partly to blame for what just happened to Kilgore - they’ll roll Chapel Hill (again).  LCM just beat a good El Campo team.  No doubt they thought they’d “roll LCM”.  CH better forget there’s any other team in Texas except LCM.  They better bring their A game, and probably need a break or two.  Otherwise, LCM will roll Chapel Hill.  Been a CH supporter since they beat my injured Pirates (otherwise this could’ve probably been a Bear vs Pirate matchup), but I have to pull for the Dist 10 team.  Should be a great game, much like the Kilgore vs CH game.  Once again, don’t think LCM is a pushover.  They’re not.  They were unlucky to catch Vidor prior to injuries.  Their new Coach has them on a roll.

LCM is a lot like Lindale imo. Contain their QB and you have a good chance.

Their defense on the other hand is special! Big guys up front will be a task for CH. They are really good at stopping the run. 

1 hour ago, TopDog96 said:

LCM is a lot like Lindale imo. Contain their QB and you have a good chance.

Their defense on the other hand is special! Big guys up front will be a task for CH. They are really good at stopping the run. 

The Big difference from what I read on here, the Lindale QB is not real mobil, while the LCM QB is as fast as a cat.  Between him and their excellent RB, they’re a handful.  And your correct, another big difference is LCM has a good D.  They better be on their game to corral the Fr QB.  The kid is a super good runner.  Against Vidor, instead of putting his head down & taking off, he had the poise to set back & let the field open up.  I was very impressed with him.

• Like 1