4A Div 1 regional semis. Chapel Hill( 9-3)vs Kilgore (11-1) Rose stadium. Friday 11/26

Chill5000

Chapel Hill vs. Kilgore  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

Burton - 4th place team will be playing in 2A division 2 this week as well. Had a 1 point win in the first round but rolled the rest of the way. 32 point win in the 2nd round and 30 point win in the 3rd. 

There was 6 forth place teams that played this week in the 3rd round and 2 of them advanced. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

The Big difference from what I read on here, the Lindale QB is not real mobil, while the LCM QB is as fast as a cat.  Between him and their excellent RB, they’re a handful.  And your correct, another big difference is LCM has a good D.  They better be on their game to corral the Fr QB.  The kid is a super good runner.  Against Vidor, instead of putting his head down & taking off, he had the poise to set back & let the field open up.  I was very impressed with him.

I may be a homer but Peterson is better.

Burton was leading the district before having to forfeit 7 games just before the end of district play. Would have been a one seed otherwise. 

43 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Burton - 4th place team will be playing in 2A division 2 this week as well. Had a 1 point win in the first round but rolled the rest of the way. 32 point win in the 2nd round and 30 point win in the 3rd. 

There was 6 forth place teams that played this week in the 3rd round and 2 of them advanced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TopDog96 said:

I may be a homer but Peterson is better.

As I remember him last year against the Pirates, a far better passer.  I don’t remember him running a lot, but he may have.  At my age the old memory ain’t so great.  I think Peterson is the better all around QB, just doesn’t have the speed of the LCM QB.

8 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

CH is full of that same speed. Better have something more.

El Campo had buku speed but LCM shut them down pretty good.  It’s going to be a good matchup.

I’ll repeat an observation I’ve made.  Many teams/Districts don’t play much Defense anymore.  Dist 10, and LCM still play the D.  I think CH plays more D than some others in D 9.  But others play big time Offense that wins most games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Big question is will Landry even be able to go? He didn’t play a snap in the 4th qtr against EC. The announcers kept calling the LCM QB Landry, but it wasn’t him. #10 did look like a very competent backup, but he doesn’t have Landry’s wheels.

Landry will be back. He has sprained ankle. No breaks on the X-ray 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Big question is will Landry even be able to go? He didn’t play a snap in the 4th qtr against EC. The announcers kept calling the LCM QB Landry, but it wasn’t him. #10 did look like a very competent backup, but he doesn’t have Landry’s wheels.

#10 has a better arm imo then landry. Not has fast or as big. He plays receiver 

Great game CH, Kilgore once again goes down because of a 1 dimensional offense . Sure was hoping this new coach would have more than that to bring to the table .Last year was the first year kilgore started opening up the offense and they looked really good . Hire a new coach and we just stepped back 10 years and tried to rely on 1 guy ( although  he was a beast ) to carry the load .Very discouraging for the players and the fans .Sure would like to see something different in the years to come other than ground and pound especially when your offensive line is one of the smallest we have had in years . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kildog84 said:

Great game CH, Kilgore once again goes down because of a 1 dimensional offense . Sure was hoping this new coach would have more than that to bring to the table .Last year was the first year kilgore started opening up the offense and they looked really good . Hire a new coach and we just stepped back 10 years and tried to rely on 1 guy ( although  he was a beast ) to carry the load .Very discouraging for the players and the fans .Sure would like to see something different in the years to come other than ground and pound especially when your offensive line is one of the smallest we have had in years . 

Well we kept pretty much the same coaching staff outside of Woods and the safety coach. So you couldn't expect much. But Kilgore definitely needs a new DC and CB coach.. I would start there and if a decent young minded OC is there would give them a look as well.

On another note did Chapel Hill Freshman QB turn 18?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Well we kept pretty much the same coaching staff outside of Woods and the safety coach. So you couldn't expect much. But Kilgore definitely needs a new DC and CB coach.. I would start there and if a decent young minded OC is there would give them a look as well.

CH QB is 14 lol

Excited to see his young arm mature. Duel threat will be devastating for opponents.

Just now, TopDog96 said:

CH QB is 14 lol

Excited to see his young arm mature. Duel threat will be devastating for opponents.

Heard from some reliable people,  and even on another post where he is much older than 14 lol.

4 hours ago, kildog84 said:

For what it’s worth, I though Kilgore had a great game plan.  Seemed like the coaches took a group of kids that could have easily been an 8-4 or 7-5 team and made them highly competitive.  The RB needed to run the ball 25+ times per game.  The passing game was something that seemed weak, but it’s rare for a team to have a strong ground game and a strong passing game in high school.   I think Kilgore had to make a choice what to focus on this year and they made the right call in my opinion to ride the running game.

I’ll put it to you this way.  On the last play of the game, I think if they run it instead of throwing it their chances of winning goes way up.  Kilgore has a lot to be proud of this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HJR7 said:

I agree

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

For what it’s worth, I though Kilgore had a great game plan.  Seemed like the coaches took a group of kids that could have easily been an 8-4 or 7-5 team and made them highly competitive.  The RB needed to run the ball 25+ times per game.  The passing game was something that seemed weak, but it’s rare for a team to have a strong ground game and a strong passing game in high school.   I think Kilgore had to make a choice what to focus on this year and they made the right call in my opinion to ride the running game.

I’ll put it to you this way.  On the last play of the game, I think if they run it instead of throwing it their chances of winning goes way up.  Kilgore has a lot to be proud of this season.

I totally agree. Before Friday's game, Kilgore had 3,027 yards rushing and 1,959 yards passing. Maybe not as balanced as last year, but pretty balanced. An entirely new O-line, new QB (who will be back next year), not to mention a new head coach.