#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, fromabuick8 said:

You think I want our biggest rival to win?  Did you really type that?

And I like how you added "more often than not" at the end so I couldn't remind you of that 39-3 beatdown.  Whoops.

Lol I remember. Won’t catch me slipping!

I mean am I wrong? Two is more than one. 😂

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

They were scheduled to play at the Star from my understanding and something happned. When I said "slap" is playing at the star no one including fans have to prepare for the elements in case there are some.

China coach refused to play indoors wants every advantage he can get

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

He feels like he can run the ball on Carthage, so I don’t blame him.   But more than likely, they will have to complete as many passes as Carthage  to stand a chance to win. 

6 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Well heck.. Since we have a really good opponent Friday night I put together a comparison of the schedules. Thoughts on the below info?

CS  12-0  Opponents 62-73  PF/PA  591-122

Trinity Christian (9-2) 49-15

Lorena (10-2) 21-13

Brownwood (4-7) 57-21

Lampasas (5-6) 47-7

Mexia (2-9) 56-7

Jarrell (3-8) 74-0

Gatesville (4-7) 41-10

Salado (7-4) 48-7

Robinson (2-8) 52-21

Connally (4-6) 48-7

Madisonville (4-7) 50-7

Sealy (8-4) 48-7

Carthage  11-0  Opponents 68-54  PF/PA 442-100

Crosby (10-2) 27-24

Cornerstone Christian (6-3) 42-14

Gilmer (11-1) 28-7

Pleasant Grove (7-5) 31-6

Center (1-9) 64-18

Jasper (6-5) 28-0

Rusk (9-3) 35-14

Madisonville (4-7) 54-13

Shepherd (2-8) 56-0

Gatesville (4-7) 35-0

Hamshire-Fannett (8-4) 42-14

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Also, some of the points conceded have come with our backups on defense getting some game reps in the second halves of games. 

I’m sure the same can be said for CS. 
On paper, these teams are pretty well matched. Both teams have dominated their competition with the exception of one or two games. Both defenses hold teams well below their average in points and yards. 
Personally, I believe the Dawgs have played a tougher schedule. I think that will show come Friday. Carthage has struggled to put it all together at times, but the man calling the shots knows how to use what he has. I can garauntee you, he knows how they want to attack this defense, and Coach Preston will have a plan against the CS offense. And if those aren’t working, nobody is better at in game adjustments than the Dawgs. If the game is close at halftime, I like Carthage’s chances. This defense is on another level. Gotta hold Carthage under 21 to win, I believe. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fromabuick8 said:

And I like how you added "more often than not" at the end so I couldn't remind you of that 39-3 beatdown.  Whoops.

Felt like 100 to nothing. Domination. Nobody that was there will ever forget that. Looked like Carthage was running in sand compared to LV. That was a great LV team, and one that is probably not talked about enough historically. Probably because they should’ve dominated Argyle, but didn’t play well in the championship and almost got beat. Carthage made a good run that year and it was a lot of fun watching them play, they were all heart. They were down to their last bit of gas when they met LV in the semi-final. Ran out of gas after the first drive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Felt like 100 to nothing. Domination. Nobody that was there will ever forget that. Looked like Carthage was running in sand compared to LV. That was a great LV team, and one that is probably not talked about enough historically. Probably because they should’ve dominated Argyle, but didn’t play well in the championship and almost got beat. Carthage made a good run that year and it was a lot of fun watching them play, they were all heart. They were down to their last bit of gas when they met LV in the semi-final. Ran out of gas after the first drive. 

Agree, 100%.

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

My opinion...Carthage locks cs down,CS defense gives the dawg o the business..this game will be won by mental toughness in the last few minutes..there will be fans with heart problems after this one is over..Dawgs by 7,late...maybe last 2-3 minutes..chain out ✌️

This will be a really good contest.

I’m not ready to make a score prediction yet, and probably will when we’re closer to game day. 

8FC4D4B7-BFC7-44EB-BB32-FB24C39373E7.jpeg

15 hours ago, bossman1 said:

Dawgs by 21 plus if they limit the turnovers to two or less….IMO

That's kind of where I was at before I saw calpreps prediction and it scared me off making me wonder if they know something I don't,  which is very likely.  I do know calpreps have been way off on some predictions in the past but it seems they're usually pretty good.  It really comes down to how well the Dawgs protect the football.

15 hours ago, bossman1 said:

Dawgs by 21 plus if they limit the turnovers to two or less….IMO

There are actually okay turnovers that are acceptable……..going for it on 4th down, and instead of taking a sack, heaving it 30-40 yards downfield and it gets intercepted………even on 3rd and long from your end of the field, a 40 yard pass intercepted and not returned is like a good punt……..so, I agree with you in general, 2 bad turnovers or less   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I think a case can be made that the Dawgs have played a tougher schedule.

I agree 100% on that. That's what Is helping me pick the Dawgs in this one. Both teams can only play who is on their schedule and both teams have done the job to win every game so far. Good luck C-Dawgs will be rooting for y'all.

• Thanks 1

• Crawford changed the title to #1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring
  • Mr. P locked this topic