#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Welp this one could be a doozy of a game! These two look almost identical with CS scoring a little more than 140 more points the Defense's around the same I think CS has given up about 20 more points than the Dawg D. Let's see who wants it more

Their defense doesn't compare to ours. Points can be deceiving since offensive turnovers have a big affect on it. Compare total yards given up.

24 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

They're defense doesn't compare to ours. Points can be deceiving since offensive turnovers have a big affect on it. Compare total yards given up.

I'm sure you're probably right but it's the only thing we to compare the two. Carthage might just beat them half a hundred to 14 

57 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

They're defense doesn't compare to ours. Points can be deceiving since offensive turnovers have a big affect on it. Compare total yards given up.

No comparison at all not even close  

The Dawg D has held teams to 22, 56, 37, yards rushing and two teams to minus yards rushing for the whole game. The only team close to 100 yards was Crosby. 

No team has more than 5 first downs in the first half, most has 2 maybe 3 in the first half. 

• Like 2

At this point,  the Dawgs and CS are no strangers to each other in the playoffs.  We've had our way with them,  and barely squeaked by them in the past.  2016 game was a classic.  From what I understand,  CS has a couple of really good rb's they can hurt you with.  The Dawgs are on a 41 game win streak. The longest in school history.  The last time we were on such a streak, was a close affair against Liberty Hill, Coach Surratt's only nemesis since he came to the 75633.  At the time, the Dawgs were riding a 40 game win streak and Liberty Hill rang up 400+ yards on the ground and ended our run in a very close game in the state semifinals.  I want to see if CS is up to the challenge and can put up 400 yards on THIS Dawg Defense.  I don't think so, and will have to see it to believe it.

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

At this point,  the Dawgs and CS are no strangers to each other in the playoffs.  We've had our way with them,  and barely squeaked by them in the past.  2016 game was a classic.  From what I understand,  CS has a couple of really good rb's they can hurt you with.  The Dawgs are on a 41 game win streak. The longest in school history.  The last time we were on such a streak, was a close affair against Liberty Hill, Coach Surratt's only nemesis since he came to the 75633.  At the time, the Dawgs were riding a 40 game win streak and Liberty Hill rang up 400+ yards on the ground and ended our run in a very close game in the state semifinals.  I want to see if CS is up to the challenge and can put up 400 yards on THIS Dawg Defense.  I don't think so, and will have to see it to believe it.

That defense that year and this defense are not the same. I just do not see anyone running the ball to that kind of success on this defense. But I will say I also didn’t imagine LH doing it that year. 

If Carthage doesn’t take care of the ball, it could be a very close game. CS is obviously talented and has some playmakers. But I believe Carthage takes care and wins 35-10

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

That defense that year and this defense are not the same. I just do not see anyone running the ball to that kind of success on this defense. But I will say I also didn’t imagine LH doing it that year. 

If Carthage doesn’t take care of the ball, it could be a very close game. CS is obviously talented and has some playmakers. But I believe Carthage takes care and wins 35-10

I feel the same! Our scores are almost the same. I said 35-14 without turnovers 

13 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

If Carthage don’t turn the ball over they win 35-14. I think CS is a good team about like Gilmer. Just not good enough to beat the Dawgs. 

I believe Carthage will have a couple of turnovers, but the Dawg D will create a couple as well.  I’m going with a 31-20 score with Carthage advancing.

• Crawford changed the title to #1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring
3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t forget Lynch.  He absolutely smoked a HF RB last week causing a fumble that should have been a defensive TD but a penalty 40 yards from the play negated it.

Oh for sure! I honestly could have pretty much listed all 11, but then would just sound like I was being a homer.  lol. 

• Mr. P locked this topic