#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

That’s all good what your saying but I’m just telling you what the kids saying In classroom when they have to play Carthage 

All I have to do to know what our kids are saying is wake up 😉. But please keep thinking what you’re thinking and saying what you’re saying. We accept all useful contributions.

20 hours ago, house said:

seems like this topic comes up constantly.  can't imagine him making a big change with his family just as his son gets to high school.  he will have infinite opportunities at the time of his choosing.   

Agreed.  I don't think he will leave until his son graduates.  I've always believed that, and have said so a few times before.

Was just thinking how times have changed..........Carthage has scored no less than 27 points in any game this year, and their offense is considered mediocre............Go back 30-40 years or so, and in the 1970s and 1980s those numbers would be hailed as really good. 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

All I have to do to know what our kids are saying is wake up 😉. But please keep thinking what you’re thinking and saying what you’re saying. We accept all useful contributions.

Just speaking the truth what comes from a very respected teacher at Gilmer and that’s that

Personally, I would be shocked if China Spring beats Carthage.  I keep going through it over and over in my head, and I just can't wrap my head around a scenario where that happens.  Preston's defense is for real.  It will be a monumental task just to have any kind of consistency moving the ball against them.  I'm not saying it "can't" happen.  It's just a daunting challenge for sure.

Offensively, if the Dawgs are playing consistently without turnovers, they will hog the ball and score several times.  Usually, that's all it takes for them to win.  It will likely take at least 28 points offensively to stay in the game, and that's something no other team has been able to do.  I don't see it happening Friday either.

I've been wrong before, for sure.  At least there's that.🤔 

On 11/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, RogerDorn said:

CS vs Carthage at the star I think in 17 was still one of better games I’ve seen in longtime . Hope it’s not that close 

As cowboyandchrist responded, that was in the state semifinals in 2016, the year in which Carthage lost its first two district games before winning 10 in a row and the state championship.  The Bulldogs subsequently won another 30 in a row to stretch their winning streak to 40 before losing to Liberty Hill in the 2018 state semifinals, their only loss in the past 82 games.

I agree with many of the posters that Carthage will probably be in trouble Friday if they have more than a turnover or two.  However, in the 2016 game against China Spring, which Carthage won in 3 overtime periods 26-20, the Bulldogs fumbled 4 times.  One of those came in the first overtime period.  Not a good recipe for a playoff win, but that shows it's possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Was just thinking how times have changed..........Carthage has scored no less than 27 points in any game this year, and their offense is considered mediocre............Go back 30 years or so, and in the 1970s and 1980s those numbers would be hailed as really good. 

In 1965, Carthage didn't score a single point until their 5th game of the season...and ended up playing for the district title against Nacogdoches in their 10th and final game.

I agree 100%.  Anything is possible in the playoffs.  A fact that cannot be argued is this is the toughest region in 4A D2. Carthage is the champ until somebody beats them. But “if” they do win it this year again, I think it is a toss-up which of their next 4 games will be the toughest.  CS, Belleville/WOS, Cuero, Celina/Gilmer.  That is a gauntlet! So if Carthage rolls through that, hats off to them. Whoever they play in the other side doesn’t have a climb as steep as that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

I don’t know that we have teachers who are not “very respected”…. Again.  Thanks for the help.

😂😂😂can’t speak for all of the teachers but definitely know this one is and if you think that the players having negative thoughts is helping then your welcome. 

5 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

😂😂😂can’t speak for all of the teachers but definitely know this one is and if you think that the players having negative thoughts is helping then your welcome. 

If they think like that, then yes, they will definitely get beat again.  Absolutely can't go into any game against a quality opponent, much less Carthage, thinking that way.  You won't just get beat, you will get humiliated.  That's why I've been saying that Carthage has gotten into the Buckeyes' heads too much.  Tell them kids to relax, and play ball.  Their good enough to compete with anybody, and yes, even Carthage.... if they have the right frame of mind going in.

That's the way I see it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

If they think like that, then yes, they will definitely get beat again.  Absolutely can't go into any game against a quality opponent, much less Carthage, thinking that way.  You won't just get beat, you will get humiliated.  That's why I've been saying that Carthage has gotten into the Buckeyes' heads too much.  Tell them kids to relax, and play ball.  Their good enough to compete with anybody, and yes, even Carthage.... if they have the right frame of mind going in.

That's the way I see it.

You are point on! It don’t matter what sport your playing. It all starts mentally. Speak positive and receive positive results. Speak negative and you will receive negative results. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

That's the way I see it.

Agree 100%.  But there’s a month and 8 games between now and having to worry about that. 

2 hours ago, buckeyefandom said:

I agree 100%.  Anything is possible in the playoffs.  A fact that cannot be argued is this is the toughest region in 4A D2. Carthage is the champ until somebody beats them. But “if” they do win it this year again, I think it is a toss-up which of their next 4 games will be the toughest.  CS, Belleville/WOS, Cuero, Celina/Gilmer.  That is a gauntlet! So if Carthage rolls through that, hats off to them. Whoever they play in the other side doesn’t have a climb as steep as that.

Given that Cuero defeated Wimberley 21-3 earlier this season, a prediction that they’ll  beat them again this week and still be playing two weeks from now makes sense.

However, it’s interesting that Navarro might be their opponent next week, and Navarro beat them 29-27 earlier this season.

Plus, Wimberley beat Navarro 27-0 in a district game played a month ago.

32 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Weather for Prosper is showing to be a great night of football with a game time starting temperature of 50 degrees eventually dropping to 45, but wind hovering at no more than 6 mph throughout the game.

I look for the Dawgs offense and defense to be amped up for this game and playing the best they have played all season even better than the Gilmer game. The Dawg D will be unleashed. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I look for the Dawgs offense and defense to be amped up for this game and playing the best they have played all season even better than the Gilmer game. The Dawg D will be unleashed. 

At this point any team that doesn’t come out and play their best game all season will be playing their last game of the season.

I believe Carthage will be the best team on the field regardless of the opponent but there are teams this year, including China Spring, good enough to beat them if they don’t bring their “A” game. 

49 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

At this point any team that doesn’t come out and play their best game all season will be playing their last game of the season.

I believe Carthage will be the best team on the field regardless of the opponent but there are teams this year, including China Spring, good enough to beat them if they don’t bring their “A” game. 

Hmm

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic