#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

On second thought, hope y’all lose. The overrated chants changed my mind.

The leaping call may have been right, but the refs have been calling terrible calls all game. Plus the non-calls.

We heard the same thing from yalls fans last year in SC game. It always good to respect the opponent even when you kicking they ####

Congratulations to China Spring! Absolutely refused to be intimidated or bullied by what they were up against. Found ways to win (mostly dominate, honestly) the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Cougars were the better overall team tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Carthage fans will undoubtedly be disappointed, and that’s fair. But I hope the Dawgs faithful are not so broken-hearted that they can’t be proud of what this year’s group did. This game notwithstanding, they trotted out one of the better defenses we’ve seen in the modern era. Nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion. Losses like these happen, and as far as I can tell, it does little to take the shine off what Carthage has accomplished. Dawgs will for sure be back next season as well, just maybe not as dominant and as much a prohibitive favorite preseason.

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

But supposedly the best defense in the world ever to hit the field. 

Can’t fault them for this game. Offense screwed them over on most every drive. Say what you will. The defense was great. China Spring played hard and executed. 

11 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I will not gloat. But this is a program defining win. To beat the best is an incredible honor. A day we Cougar fans will never forget! 

Really nothing can be said other than China Spring outplayed Carthage for the majority of the ballgame and did everything they needed to to win! CS was the better team today. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way!

I thing for Carthage the unfortunate truth was that the offense was not going to be good enough to get it done this year. Hopefully they will be back to normal next year

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic