#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I want to thank all the Carthage fans that spent all season blowing so much smoke up their teams butts that they finally exploded!

I’m not a Carthage fan and I understand people get excited when the colossal giant is defeated but you’re the poster child for a bad winner. If you handle success poorly it makes people think you haven’t had it before. Just saying. 
BTW if you say “blowing smoke up your team’s ...” that’s a collective group so it’s a singular “butt”. If you’re talking about multiple teams then “butts” would be correct. 

22 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I will not gloat. But this is a program defining win. To beat the best is an incredible honor. A day we Cougar fans will never forget! 

I’m always of the mind to root for the team that knocks you out, so let’s go Cougars! 
I absolutely believe y’all are good enough! 

• Thanks 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

It is a really, really, really DIFFICULT THING to ask 15-18 year old kids to win as many games as Carthage did. Somebody was gonna beat them eventually.  Just an inevitably and congrats to them on the run. But matchups sometimes just work against teams with certain styles, strengths and weaknesses. CS presented that to Carthage and I think WOS will present a similar challenge for CS. But I do think it is worth saying…. That the toughest Region in 4A D2 by far.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I regret not going to this game.

I've respected Carthage since we met up at the Star and went into triple over time. When we finally lost, our boys were crying, and those Carthage players consoled our players.

When you play at the high level of competition like These boys are playing you can't help but have respect for both teams. 

Way to go Cougs!! Lets take it to state!! 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

I regret not going to this game.

I've respected Carthage since we met up at the Star and went into triple over time. When we finally lost, our boys were crying, and those Carthage players consoled our players.

When you play at the high level of competition like These boys are playing you can't help but have respect for both teams. 

Way to go Cougs!! Lets take it to state!! 

Congratulations mommacoug, y’all got us this year and y’all were the better team tonight.

When the clock hit 0:00 you could really feel and see the emotion and elation of the CS players, coaches and fans. It was sad for us Bulldog fans for our team to lose for the first time in a long time.

It was neat to see the China Spring team so thrilled when they’d won. Dang, stings that we got beat.

Go win state, CS!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Great win China Spring.  Texas High School dynasties come and go and China Spring has a State Championship under their belt. Carthage has had a terrific run and they are probably not done, but secrets to success are sooner or later figured out and although they have received a kink in their armor, I'm sure they will probably make another run in the future. Going to be a coaches big job now to keep China Spring players focused after such a big win.  And this the day that another dynasty falls when South Oak Cliff, a Dallas ISD school district, knocked off the Aledo Bearcats!  Times...they are 'a changing.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

Carthage must still have half their starters out with Covid? I was told on multiple platforms that was the only reason they didn’t blow teams out? 

Y’all still got beat by perhaps the worst offense Carthage has fielded in the Surratt era. 

But regardless of your cheap shot, good luck next week. 

3 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I will not gloat. But this is a program defining win. To beat the best is an incredible honor. A day we Cougar fans will never forget! 

Now go win it all. Y’all got the team to do it. Execution was unbelievable. Were not the least bit intimidated. Brought the hat all night. That looked like a state title finalist to me, and my pick as the state champ. 

• Like 2

Carthage program has nothing to hang their head about. This group of seniors won a lot of ball games. Thanks for a great season. I know it stings right now for the players, coaches, and fans but tomorrow is a new day. Thanks to all the seniors for all you have done for this program and all the hard work. Y’all all got a ring and helped the program win a program record 41 games in a row. That was a hell of a ride. Time to start a new streak!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Mr. P locked this topic