#1 Carthage vs. #5 China Spring

cowboyandchrist

Carthage vs. China Springs  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, cougar14 said:

Carthage must still have half their starters out with Covid? I was told on multiple platforms that was the only reason they didn’t blow teams out? 

Nice win. Act like you been their before, ohh wait you haven’t. Again nice win CS. Hope this isn’t one of your fans. Probably just a troll.

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s a Crosby fan rubbing salt into our wounds.

Crosby got beat by a 4a DII team that didn’t make it past the 3rd round. I would expect them to want to keep that quiet. I don’t think there is a wound except for these seniors and the rest of the coaches and players. Fans? Yea of course we want to win every game from know until kingdom come, but that’s just not realistic. I’m thankful for a great season and some new records in the books. The bar is set so high at Carthage that this is a disappointment, but I won’t look at it as that. Just another great season that came up a little shorter than some of the rest.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I watched from start to finish. I think CS won the LOS most of the night. Both sides of the ball.

I agree, CS performed very well on both sides of the ball not just on the lines. Their DB’s were on our receivers in coverage tighter than any team I can remember in a long time. 
No two ways about it, China Spring just flat beat us last night.

I was quite surprised our defense didn’t perform way better than they did. I mean, they stood up when they had to in the second half for sure, but CS completed some passes I didn’t think they would and ran the ball effectively throughout the game.

My thought process going into the game on our defense versus their offense goes back to last year.

Last year this same defense held CS to one touchdown in the first half and one in the second half. I think a lot of it had to do with our offense not helping much at all. The defense was on the field a ton, and you have to give CS credit for all of that.

CS is a very good team and they’ve improved from last year to this year.

I hope those Cougars win state this year!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I thought the Carthage QB could have easily run for first downs a few times when he was  rolling outside of the pocket instead of throwing incompletions into coverage .... too many lost opportunities to keep drives alive ....

One million times this. That 4th down throw into double coverage to Hatten when he could’ve easily run for the first down plus 10 yards……..

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I am eating so much CROW this morning I should be able to fly.

Whatever you throw at me I deserve.

No comments from me other than great season Dawgs and congratulations to China Spring. 

Lol you’re a good sport, c&c! Don’t let ‘em get you down too much for being a fan of your home team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

In all seriousness . Carthage had a good run and not like they won’t be back . Surratt /Preston are still roaming the sidelines. Having a 30 + winning streak was impressive that many schools would love to have. CS is for real and likely the favorite unless Gilmer or Cuero punches them in the mouth. I would expect CS to win.

40+

Always tough losing for the first time in a long time. But calling out kids and saying they are the worst the program has had, is really not fair to those "kids".  "Worst Offense", "Worst Defense", "Worst Offensive Line", etc., those are all demeaning and degrading terms that these hard working players are getting after a rare loss. Great game by China Spring, tough loss for Carthage....but that is as far as that should go in my opinion. Sometimes you have to win like a champion and you need to accept a loss as a champion. These children have been supported for their incredible efforts for a long time, they need support now more than ever. There will always be someone blaming the referees and blaming the coaches for a loss. And they will be there blaming a team for not winning by a large enough margin and even hear where a coach should be fired because he/she had a 9-2, 10-1 or 11-3 type season. Remember there are experienced kids on these teams that have won it all and they have now experienced losing for the first time, they need to understand that this happens. Don't get me wrong, pushing to be the best is a great avenue to fulfill dreams, but sometimes it is inevitable that we will stumble. 

Congratulations Carthage, awesome year and looking forward to many more of your successes.  Congratulations China Spring, awesome year for you as well and by knocking off a great champion, hope you use that victory to your advantage and win a State Championship this season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

In all seriousness . Carthage had a good run and not like they won’t be back . Surratt /Preston are still roaming the sidelines. Having a 30 + winning streak was impressive that many schools would love to have. CS is for real and likely the favorite unless Gilmer or Cuero punches them in the mouth. I would expect CS to win.

The winning streak snapped last night was at 41. It began three years ago when Liberty Hill snapped the Bulldogs then 40-game winning streak.

81 wins in the past 83 games…congratulations to the Carthage football program on an unbelievable stretch!

And congratulations to China Spring on last night’s well-deserved win. Go win 3 more next month!

14 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

The winning streak snapped last night was at 41. It began three years ago when Liberty Hill snapped the Bulldogs then 40-game winning streak.

81 wins in the past 83 games…congratulations to the Carthage football program on an unbelievable stretch!

And congratulations to China Spring on last night’s well-deserved win. Go win 3 more next month!

Man that's crazy numbers 81 wins out of 83 games....  nothing but respect for that program, time to start a new streak 

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic