Texas High 11-0 vs Port Neches-Grove 8-4, Friday 6:00, Natchitoches LA

bordertown

Texas High v PNG  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Texas High
    • PNG

big test this week but coach aj Wilson has secondary playing with some confidence.  15 ints between just 2 players  safety 21 and corner 22 Thomas who has # 8 last night . Safety #4 j Jones picked up int  5 last night after having some what slow year for a 3 year starter but he does play big part in run game

39 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

I didn’t know you could play in a different state.

Texas High won a neutral field toss in the 2000s against Highland Park. The game was played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport. Be interesting to learn the dynamics behind this site selection. Tigers have the easier bus ride.

53 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

No limitations on location.

Longview used Independence Stadium for their home stadium in a flip with Mesquite Horn back in 2010.

Longview/Lufkin almost happened at NSU back in 2017 because they didn’t know if Homer Bryce was going to be available.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Texas High won a neutral field toss in the 2000s against Highland Park. The game was played at Independence Stadium in Shreveport. Be interesting to learn the dynamics behind this site selection. Tigers have the easier bus ride.

Was shocked y’all didn’t choose Homer Bryce to be honest. 

50 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Happens from time to time.

Longview played Mesquite Horn in the quarters (4th round) in Shreveport back in 2010.

But with that, Horn loss the flip. 

With this, it seems random.

20 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No limitations on location.

Longview used Independence Stadium for their home stadium in a flip with Mesquite Horn back in 2010.

Longview/Lufkin almost happened at NSU back in 2017 because they didn’t know if Homer Bryce was going to be available.

I was wondering the whys of making the decision. I mean seems like Abe Martin or Homer Bryce might have been better but who knows if those were available. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

I was wondering the whys of making the decision. I mean seems like Abe Martin or Homer Bryce might have been better but who knows if those were available. 

I suspect PNG did not want Abe Martin as Texas High had familiarity with the facilities. Must have been a conflict (or prior reservation between teams) at Homer Bryce.

• Like 1

My initial observation is PNG success relies on outscoring their opponents (Thank you Captain Obvious). The Indians defense has given up 394 points (32.8 ppg). Their lone shutout was was to Santa Fe, a team that scored 30 points all season. So you have to discount that game. Their defense has given up 35 or more points five times. In their last game the defense gave up over 300 yards rushing to the Memorial running back. This bodes will for the Texas High rushing attack. On the other side of the ball PNG can score. They are averaging 42.8 points a game with 7 games in excess of 40 points. On the face, it appears Texas High should be able to move the ball on PNG. The key to the game in my humble opinion will be whether the Tiger defense can slow down the Indian’s offense. Specifically, can the Tiger secondary continue with their opportunistic ways. Secondarily can the Tiger offense win the time of possession, keep the defense rested, and put their season average of points on the board (35 ppg).

3 hours ago, bordertown said:

lol    I remember that fondly.  Highland Park was PO'd.   We won coin toss and they kept claiming no East Texas venues had the capacity to handle their crowd.  So we took them to Independence Stadium.  They were not amused.  😄